main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Rethink Your Life: The PT Social Thread: Episode III (image/gif-heavy)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Seagoat, Jul 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Welcome to the Internet. Nothing but a salt mine these days.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    So jealous of the Star Warsy Snark Wars logo you have in your blog AMJ :D-

Anyway, can people comment on your blog? Why is that an option I am not allowed to do-

3. AprilMayJune

AprilMayJune Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2015
    I have you blocked. ;) LOL No no, I kid.

I only have a comment section open on the About page, and I have a site email address posted.

I went back and forth on allowing comments. Ultimately I just didn't feel like having to weed out spam and spambots and people trying to rant in there. If ever redo the layout, I might enable them. Not sure.

That logo was my half-assed attempt with some free font. I'm glad you like it! ;)

4. Sepra

Sepra Force Ghost star 5

Jan 14, 2016
    I don't think it's the forum, I think it's just that PT hate has finally jumped the shark. When the Disney page posts something about TFA or TCW and a post comes up bashing the PT, I've noticed people are just like, "Gah, shut up you whiny *******!" Because it's exhausting, and I do believe a silent majority likes all the Star Wars, or at least feels positivity towards it.

5. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Why can't more people have this attitude

Why spread negativity? Not liking something and explaining why is one thing. Crap like RLM takes it exponentially beyond that. Nobody complains about spreading positivity. And don't even get me started on those who reply to positivity with "You're suh an idiot, how can you blah blah hkfsldndfjkbdfk". God that's annoying

(Positivity isn't a word? The hell? Why is it red underlined? HAVE I BEEN WRONG MY WHOLE LIFE?)

6. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Of course not. You know which ones I refer to. ;)

7. Valency Jane

Valency Jane Force Ghost star 6

Jan 17, 2016
    Amen AMJ, so perfectly stated. :) It's true, all of it; right on. ^:)^

The amount of time & energy some put into getting angry/upset/defensive over what they don't like in SW (PT, special editions, all of the TV series, EU/New Canon books, games) makes me sad, as they're really missing out. Its one thing to have complaints & dislikes (I'll use my own dislike for Luke & ROTJ as an example :p) BUT I can still see their value & see SW overall as being better for having Luke & ROTJ be a part of it. :) By dismissing whole films as terrible or refusing to acknowledge or give the TV shows a try, I feel like they aren't seeing all SW has to offer. I mean I may not like Luke, but his transition -farm boy to space pilot to Jedi- is wonderful, & w/out ROTJ we wouldn't have our Ewok friends, thus no Ewoks films or tv show, which would make me so sad if they didn't exist.:_| When I started here I didn't think I'd ever want to watch TCW or Rebels, but giving them a chance after reading y'alls posts about it really changed my mind so that I now have the TCW box set & am savoring taking my time with it & watching Rebels religiously each week. :D

Idk what I'm getting at exactly, if anything. :p All I know is that for me, as a latecomer to SW, I have so enjoyed discovering all things SW. I think its awesome that there's SO MANY different incarnations of SW to explore, from the HS & '80s movies & tv shows to the ones we got in the 2000s, all of the books, & the OT & PT. It all adds up to one wonky, fabulous, mystical, hilarious, heart-breaking, amazing, inspiring, fantastical world of SW for people of all ages to enjoy and be a part of. [face_party][face_dancing][:D]

8. DarthAnakin96

DarthAnakin96 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 5, 2016
    Yea I have about 100000% more fun reading AMJ's blog than watching bunch of cynical bashing PT videos. The only thing I really watch is How It Should Have Ended, which is more silly than cynical.

9. Carlandrea

Carlandrea Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2016
    Snark Wars is like when you've been friends with someone for a long time, and you tease them lovingly and you both laugh, while the "reviews" on youtube are like when someone's being really mean to you.

10. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    "Headcanon" is the most abused thing, IMHO. You cannot eradicate something from existence because you refuse to acknowledge it; this where majority of arguments start in the epic Star Wars canon wars. One person shouts another down because they refuse to bow to their head canon.

It's the equivalent of a child getting angry at their parents because the imaginary friend isn't allowed to sit at the table for dinner.

11. Carlandrea

May 1, 2016
    I googled it. It's a word. Also I totally agree with you. If only this fandom could be more like AMJ

12. AprilMayJune

Nov 18, 2015
    There are some seriously solid posts on this page.

THIS. Yes.

This is so sweet, and thanks again for always having a kind word to say about the blog.

I want to make this my advertising slogan: "Snark Wars: 100000% More Fun Than Watching People Bash the PT on YouTube". (Also thank you.)

13. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
    Heesa not the Lord of the Sith, MEESA the Lord of the Sith! Meesa DARTH Jar Jar, and yousa in BIG doodoo this time!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

14. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

Thread mother, I occasionally leave the cats and bananas alone long enough to provide food for thought. Sometimes.

[​IMG]

15. AprilMayJune

Nov 18, 2015
    I have to believe that even a majority of the people who actually mostly dislike the PT have to be sick of it by now. I mean, I've said it before, but it hasn't even been a year and I've been over listening to people bitch about TFA for at least 6 months now, and I didn't even especially like TFA. If we were on Year 17 or something and people were STILL rolling up into every other thread to be like "TFA was a rehash!" -- including threads that have NOTHING TO DO WITH IT -- I would lose my mind.

16. Carlandrea

May 1, 2016
    It's cause their hater threads are really sad and complainy, so they're jealous of how much fun we have.

I mean, if it was just that they like complaining, they'd stay in the threads dedicated to complaining, right?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  17. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
  18. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    That's also true but I've seen people post things that has been said here. I've seen people use Cryogenic -like observations, etc. In the comments that I'm like "That guy had to be on this forum or at least lurking." Plus, of course, TFA may have made some people at least more appreciative of the PT.

19. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    He dropped like 3 f bombs in the first 5 minutes and I was like "Nope."

20. Carlandrea

May 1, 2016
    i intend to get through my whole life without watching a single second of it

21. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Yeah, I've never watched any RLM stuff. Not interested.
    I love the PT. Always have, always will.
    I was just thinking about how amazing the opening scene of TPM is and how it always blows my mind. So incredible! I'm going to need to watch that when I get home tonight!

22. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I'm planning on doing a PT watch this weekend. Tomorrow evening I will watch TPM, then on Saturday I will watch AOTC and maybe ROTS as well, otherwise I'll watch it on Sunday.

23. DarthAnakin96

DarthAnakin96 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 5, 2016
    Wow I finally don't have 7000 things to do today. I might actually read some of the Ahsoka novel :p

24. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

[​IMG]

25. Carlandrea

May 1, 2016

[face_party]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.