main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Rethink Your Life: The PT Social Thread (image and gif-heavy)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by heels1785 , Jan 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    [​IMG]

(thread named by Pensivia)

House Rules:

1) Keep it TOS-Friendly
    2) Keep it Friendly in general.
    3) Have a great time.

2. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Woo, finally!

[​IMG]

Let's party!

3. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
  4. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    "This is where the fun begins."

5. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015
    Finally, the PT social thread is here. Shame my suggestions didnt win. This thread would have been even more amazing if it was called OOM-9s bar of CIS and battledroid greatness or my legs aren't moving a social thread for users that needs maintenance

But that doesnt matter, because we finally have our own PT social thread and i can already tell its gonna be amazing.

6. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013
    We just gotta keep Darkslayer and Heels separated! Their avatars want to fight!

Maybe they can both chill by smoking some death sticks.

7. museinwoodenshoes

museinwoodenshoes Jedi Master star 4

Nov 25, 2015
    It's finally here and my boss makes me work for the weekend :(

But you guys have fun!

And AprilMayJune

[​IMG]

8. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    To heels1785

9. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013

Sorry to hear that Darth Real Life is Force choking you! [:D]

10. AprilMayJune

AprilMayJune Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2015
    To kick off my inaugural post in this thread, first, a brief musical interlude (with a hat tip to Community, which I lifted it from.)
    We're gonna fly to this thread each morning,
    We're gonna smile all the time!
    We're gonna be more happy,
    We're gonna finally be fine!

We're gonna be more calm and normal,
    We're gonna fix our state of mind!
    We're gonna be less crazy,
    We're gonna finally be fine!

Yes, you've probably heard all sorts of silly stories about how this thread is going to be a trainwreck, filled with Legos and rambling off-topic stories, links to slashfic and questionable gifs and immature fangirling. Well, my friends, you couldn't be more wrong. Henceforth, this thread will be for calm, reasonable and rational discussion with responsible individuals. We'll be serious. We'll be mature. We'll hit the books and flex our vocabularies and maybe we'll do some math. We'll all wear glasses to indicate our studiousness.

...isn't that right, gentlemen?

[​IMG][​IMG]

[stares, blinks]
    [clears throat]
    [bites lower lip]
    ...um. Where...where was I?

[face_laugh] ...OK, fine. So this thread is undoubtedly going to be crazy. I'm ready! Let's go!

11. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015
    This thread is gonna be be fun, its gonna be filled with lego, gifs, creepy Yoda videos and talk about hair. Since Evening Star betrayed me in the TFA thread,Deliveranze will take over her role as my apprentice. Together we will take over this thread and post whatever we want, we will rule free together and derail it as we please, its gonna be amazing.

That reminds me, Evening Star

12. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    "This thread is operational."

13. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
  14. AprilMayJune

Nov 18, 2015
    You are a wonderful person for thinking of me, hahaha, and I am sad indeed that you are missing Social Thread Inauguration Day.

Also I would like to go on record right now as being totally cool with anyone posting handsome pictures of Ewan for me in here, just in case that wasn't clear from my posting history. I know I'm generally pretty hard to read on that topic.

Edit: Oh, and a warm shoutout to our mods, heels1785 and Seagoat for giving us this thread, and to my dear Star Wars Lady Friend Pensivia for putting out the Mod Bat Signal to help get it going (AND for naming the thread!)

15. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Huzzah![face_party]

I will begin with an obligatory Obi-pic post (one of my all-time favorite shots of him, actually):

[​IMG]

btw--can anyone explain exactly what the outstretched fingers part of his fighting stance is all about? I've asked this question on the JCF before (and had people suggest various references to the particular "style" of fighting he practiced according to the EU, I guess), but no one ever seemed to have a really firm (specifically sourced) answer about the positioning of the fingers. I know nothing of the EU, so all I know is that is looks pretty darn cool.:p

16. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    @Darkslayer-

When you see this headed straight for you:

[​IMG]

You'll know what's up. :p

17. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015
    OOM-9 could beat both Batman and superman in a battle, he is superior in every way

[​IMG]
    :)

18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
  19. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015
    Thats just a regular B1 battledroid, not the ever so glorious OOM-9.

[​IMG]

20. museinwoodenshoes

museinwoodenshoes Jedi Master star 4

Nov 25, 2015
    It always reminded me of Mudra, hand gestures sometimes used in the martial arts which derive from Buddhism. They are used to generate spiritual focus power.

21. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    So am I correct in assuming you are #TeamSuperman? :p

22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Haha. In reality, I like them equally. I just really liked this artwork of Superman - comes from the tragically cut-short MOBA Infinite Crisis, which shuttered last September after a whole 5 months.

Jedi Knight Fett and Darkslayer like this.
  23. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    And I changed my current avatar to help this thread meet one of its other key requirements (shipping, of course!:p)

...Actually, this is my regular go-to February avatar (in honor of Valentine's of course:p)

24. AprilMayJune

Nov 18, 2015
    (I love how this thread is already like, the slowest-loading thing in existence. We do like our gifs! ;) )

Can we talk about music now too?! [bounces in seat]

I know Pensivia sits with me on the Beatles couch (they are my all-time favorites, never to be usurped by anyone), but I want to know what weirdness and awesomeness lurks in the music collections of PT fans.

I have an absolutely enormous collection of British Pop/Rock from the 1960s onwards. Regrettably, I am not completely at leisure at the moment to dump out a listing of all my favorite albums and bands, but I will simply say that my Star Wars fixation has nothing on how completely obsessed I have been with different bands at different points in my life. (Yeah, I know -- it's a terrifying thought.)

This album, which came out around the time yours truly was diving full-on into her teenage 90s Britpop obsession, turned out to be notable for several different reasons.

[​IMG]

25. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I like them both as well. I have a minor preference for Batman as the Arkham games are my favorite video game series, but I Henry's Superman along with Snyder's directorial touch made me a fan of Superman in the first place.

I'm gonna root for Batman though because I would love to see the Batfleck haters shut up.

Civil War however is a different story. I'm an Iron Man guy through and through when it comes to him vs Cap!

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.