main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Retiring

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Oct 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echo7Solo

Echo7Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 10, 2005
    but your talking about Peter... hold on, should that be Shaft?

2. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Peter Cetera... Rick Wakeman... Shaft... Whatever!

3. Darth_Copperbottom

Darth_Copperbottom Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 2005
    I agree. Who would have known taking the guys from the Buggles (Video Killed The Radio Star) and putting them into Yes would be musical gold?

4. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I'm dusting off my disco albums and celebrating my retirement.

BEE-GEES.... F YEAH!

5. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Bravo, Tim. Bravo. I would say Encore, but that's the point of the thread, isn't it? Already had two. It's been a sweet year for me, Tim and Trace and Rhonda and everyone else who makes this place great! Thank you.

It was your birthday on Saturday, Gina? $#!*. Sorry I was oblivious. Many happy returns.

6. Valeska

Valeska Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2004
    Thank you! Wasn't TC!2 a blast?[face_pumpkin]

7. Mistoffelees

Mistoffelees Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2005
    Tim,

You've contributed so much and there's really nothing that I can say about it that hasn't already been mentioned. While I haven't really expressed it well before now, I'm both grateful and appreciative for everything you do. I'd have to say that any person who builds a massive movie screen out of PVC is a great person in my book, and any person who builds a massive movie screen out of PVC and runs the greatest chapter of the Fan Force is Tim. It's sad to see you step down while I've only been aroud for such a short time, but at the same time it's relieving to know that you'll be able to finally enjoy SMT from the passenger seat. Really this post is directed at everyone that makes SMT work because it's not a one-man job, even though Tim has done enough for a small (actually, rather large) sized army of Star Wars Geeks. I hope that I'm around long enough and from this point on often enough to make a contribution like you have.

Wait three years and I'll buy you a drink [legally], Tim!

8. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Now just remember that offer there, Elliot- I'll take you up on it! And thanks for the kind words. I like knowing that the SMT has things that no other FanForce in the whole world has, and that we have plenty to offer our fellow SW fans. Watching the boards and seeing other chapters' upcoming events, it amazes me that for us to be so small, we do a whole lot more than most other groups, and we have a lot more that they don't. I also get tickled when I see one of the shindigs we originated get copied by others. It's very flattering to know that our originality has become the benchmark for others to copy, and that we're different enough from other chapters to stand on our own with or without FanForce in general. It's nice knowing that I've worked to build something that doesn't rely on the force or popularity of another entity to keep it going, such as another costuming or gaming group. I'm proud that we're a group of fans truly dedicated to Star Wars, and not the many varied infinitesimal aspects that are the sole definition and interest of other groups.

9. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    Tim and Rhonda,

Ain't much to say other than "Good job" and "Thank you for your hard work"

10. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    I agree with all the others. Tim, you and that small band of rebels have kept SMT going all these years. I regret, immensely, that I have been AWOL from so many activities and events, but more so, regret not being there to help out and to share the load.

11. Echo7Solo

Jan 10, 2005

Just because Tim is moving out of the driver's seat doesn't mean the ride is over. There is plenty of fun left to be had.

12. Valeska

Valeska Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2004
    I was just about to ask if we should hold a wake with the way everyone seems to be talking.:p

13. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    I certainly did not mean to imply that SMT is dying, just that I regret all the fun and excitment that you all have shared the past couple of years. So, with that...

Vive la SMT!!

14. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Nah, it won't die, so don't start talking that way! I have full faith that the members of this club will do what they must to make it continue to thrive and grow.

(And it's nice to see you around here, Steve! It's been too long! For those who don't know him, Steve is a founding member of this club. It's just been difficult for him to be around much thanks to Darth Real Life and the fact that he lives in Dyersburg!)

15. Echo7Solo

Jan 10, 2005
    Wake? No. Party? OH YEAH! From next years drive in nights, to Vaderpalooza to the new events that have been discussed it looks like the SMT is only getting stronger. Oh yeah, the BIG news hasn't even hit yet. :D

16. mr_nightmarez

mr_nightmarez Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2003
    Tim :D SMT would not be the same if it was not for your efforts. I'm proud to say I'm a friend of yours and proud to say I was able to house TimmyCon for two consecutive years and hopefully more in the future!
    I only wish I would have had time to contribute to SMT more when I was there... But Congratulations on your never ending contribution to SMT and you will be truly missed.

Let me know if I can ever be a help to you or SMT.

Todd/Nightmarez...
    PR Officer Chattooine Outer Rim Lookouts
    Nightmarez...Stage Fright
    Spirit Halloween Superstore Chattanooga
    Friend of Tim Brown

17. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks, Todd. I appreciate your kind words. I'm looking forward to my retirement, though, and to getting to some of the other projects I've been wanting to tackle for a while now. I do want to keep TimmyCon going if at all possible, especially after the success we had this year (thanks primarily to you, Patrick, and Lin, of course!)

So now that I'm retiring, where's my Gold Watch, beeches? :p

OK, OK, I'll just take one of these instead:

Screw the Gold Watch, I want one of these!

18. Echo7Solo

Jan 10, 2005

I think I might be able to swing a Star Wars watch from Burger King. [face_thinking]

19. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Picked up mine today. No Vader yet, though. Pity.

20. Echo7Solo

Jan 10, 2005
    yeah, I got the Luke/trooper one today. Pitty, I wanted the Han Solo one.

21. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I like the Luke. They had the Han at the Brooks Rd. BK, but I was there for Luke and Vader.

22. Echo7Solo

Jan 10, 2005
    I'm also disappointed that the only toy they had was Mace. Right, like I would ask HIS advice.

23. StarBlazerM31

StarBlazerM31 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2005
    Got my Darth Maul one. :D

-Darth Grace [face_skull]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.