main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Return of Clue ~ RPF Edition! -- feedback needed!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by padawanlissa, Jan 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    1. [Red]
    2. [Yellow]
    3. [White] C1-J2 - Lady in White
    4. [Green] Kelia - Jade Hunter
    5. [Blue] LilyHobbitJedi- Ally Azure
    6. [Purple] Majestic Magenta

2. MasterMonkey13

MasterMonkey13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 19, 2008
    1. [Red]
    2. [Yellow] MasterMonkey13 - Shinin' Star

3. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    1. [Red] Drabbi-Wan - Cardinal Spooner

4. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    My bad.

6. [Purple] Tyi-Maet Nefer - Majestic Magenta

5. padawanlissa

padawanlissa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Suspects: one of the six characters on the roster corresponding to yellow, green, red, blue, white and purple.
    Weapons: Knife, Candlestick, Revolver, Rope, Lead Pipe and Wrench.
    Rooms: Hall, Lounge, Dining Room, Kitchen, Ballroom, Conservatory, Billiard Room, Library and Study.

Each player has been sent a list of clues. You each know three weapons/rooms/suspects that were NOT involved.
    A player's first suggestion/accusation post should introduce their "character" to the group.

Making a Suggestion:
    Players should post once per day with a suggestion as to who killed Mr. Boddy, with what weapon, and in which room. Only one such suggestion post is allowed per day per player; a player not making a suggestion in a 24 hr period gets a demerit which may be used against him/her at the end of the game.

Players may make as many posts as they like in a day, but only one suggestion per day.

Proving a Suggestion True or False:
    After 24 hours are up, or after all players have made a suggestion, I will post a list of all the suggestions and who disproved each. I will then PM the players, telling them which part of their suggestion was disproved.

Note that you will only be disproved by one player (the next player on the roster who has one of the cards used in your suggestion), and if that player has more than one possible card, I will only show you one.

The players and suspects:
    6. [Purple] Tyi-Maet Nefer - Majestic Magenta

Detective Rose Sorenson strode into the room where the guests of the late Mr. Boddy were assembled. "As my colleagues have already informed you, Mr. Boddy was found dead in the cellar this morning. It appears that one of you murdered him last night. Unfortunately, since we have not yet determined who the murderer is, we must detain all of you here. I'm sure that those of you who are innocent are eager for this mystery to be solved, so I will allow you to help me with this case."

6. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Feb 7, 2005
    His Eminence Cardinal Timothy Spooner, old friend of the late Mr Boddy's even later father, sprang to his feet. "I say, I say, I say!" he sputtered, his cheeks and jowls turning bright red. "Surely, moung yissie... er, I mean young missie, surely you can't suspect a man of the cloth such as myself! I'm offended at the nery votion! You must realize that it was one of chese thippies... er, these chippies that did it! Look at that Jade girl there. She has a lillainous vook! I bet she took the knife and stabbed the boor plighter in the rant ploom! I mean the prant loom! The conservatory!" He closed his eyes, smiled smugly, and straightened his robes before he sat back down.

[JADE HUNTER, with the KNIFE, in the CONSERVATORY]

[EDITED to add some background]

7. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Majestic Magenta

Maj barely contained his laughter. When the old man managed to bend his knees and return to his seat, a few loose chortles escaped from Maj's lips. "What a champion," he muttered under his breath, mouth still twitched upwards in a grin. The man who had spoke up first in response to the detective's solemn announcement was just like Maj imagined his own granddad to be -- if he had been alive.

Majestic decided to amuse himself by throwing an accusation back in the old fruitcake's face. Gliding to his feet, he stuffed his hands into the pockets of his jeans. Completely contradicting his name, the jeans, t-shirt and skate shoes Maj wore told everybody that he was just the average young fellow you'd expect to see causing a raucous in the park.

"I say, I say," Maj repeated with a cheeky grin. "We could all be purderers-" the young man cocked his head to the side, pretending to realise something "-er, murderers is what I meant! We could all be guilty!" Maj laughed. He wondered fleetingly who else was finding this as funny as he was.

"The body was in the cellar, no? Guess what else is down there? Grog! Old Fruitcake here looks like he enjoys a few secret drinks, what better place for him to stash the body. Cardinal Spooner, with the revolver, in the billiard room!" Maj theatrically gave a bow and sat down in the same motion.

[Purple's Accusation] CARDINAL SPOONER - REVOLVER - BILLIARD ROOM

8. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Feb 7, 2005
    The Cardinal spent almost a minute trying to speak before the first words came out. "You will respect your elders!" He reached for the brandy snifter on the table beside him. "I have never been a sedret crinker! I do it proudly and openly, except when my doctor's around. He's been telling me to but cack... er, cut back. And before anyone asks, yes, I did get this from the cellar, last night before retiring early."

9. C1-J2

C1-J2 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2007
    White waltzes into the room, fashionably late as always. She's wearing a long elegant dress, and carrying a fan. "Oh, what's going on boys? Did I miss anything . . . important?" She batted her long eyelashes and waved the fan in front of her face. With an overdramatic look on her face, she listens to the reiterated situation.

"Oh! I cannot believe what has just happened! And you couldn't accuse little ole' me now could you? If anyone were to blame, I would recommend Ally Azure. I don't think she ever liked that Mr. Boddy, and she probably used a knife, in the ballroom."

Ally Azure, Knife, Ballroom

10. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Ally Azure looked up at everyone with mild interest and pulled off her reading glasses. This was supposed to be such a relaxing trip coming to Mr. Boddy's place and the thought of having spent time with the real murderer alarmed her. She sighed. It seemed like she wouldn't have a relaxing weekend in which she could work on her thesis paper after all.

But still Ally thought back to the previous night and tried to think of who could have done such a crime and suddenly it came to her."The Lady in White committed the murder," Ally stated. "I'm sure of it because last night I heard her arguing with Mr. Boddy and later I saw her leaving the study with what looked like a knife in her hand."

WHITE, KNIFE, and STUDY

11. MasterMonkey13

Dec 19, 2008
    The "Shinin' Star" as he nicknamed himself, had been listening intently to the others' accusations. He was well known for having a good ear and a keen mind, even back from the days he had been a hit on Broadway. But now his glory days were over, but he always had one earphone glued to his head which constantly played the hit song from his one album which had made the Top 10 list.

"Yes," he interrupted the quiet which had grown in the stuffy air, "I do believe that I saw someone in the Kitchen last night. Since Mr. Boddy commonly eats midnight snacks, I assumed that all was well. However, upon hearing the events of last night, I have sufficient reason to believe that there was a murder that took place in there. I remember Ally Azure had not yet retired to bed even at the hour of midnight."

"My prediction.... ALLY AZURE with the REVOLVER in the KITCHEN.

12. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Jade Hunter

Jade gapped at Detective Sorenson in astonishment. ?I just can?t believe one of,? she paused to catch her breath, one small hand pressing against her throat, ?us did it. She finished. ?It could just as well have been a burglar or something.?

?That is why we are detaining everybody,? the detective explained, eyeing her cautiously. ?Why don?t you start by telling me where you were last night??

?Here, obviously,? Jade sniffed.

?What were you doing?? Sorenson?s eyes narrowed, annoyance creeping into his normally placid tone.

?I had dinner with everyone else,? Jade began with a sigh. ?Then I went to the library and read until bedtime,? she paused, her brows furrowing together. ?You know,? she began turning her attention to the other occupants of the room. ?I do recall seeing Lady in White running from the lounge, uttering curses about Mr. Boddy and she had a weapon in her hand.?

WHITE REVOLVER LOUNGE

13. padawanlissa

Jul 31, 2005
    [Red] JADE HUNTER, KNIFE, CONSERVATORY (Blue disproves)
    [Purple] CARDINAL SPOONER, REVOLVER, BILLIARD ROOM (Red disproves)
    [White] Ally Azure, Knife, Ballroom (Blue disproves)
    [Blue] WHITE, KNIFE, STUDY (Purple disproves)
    [Yellow] ALLY AZURE, REVOLVER, KITCHEN (Green disproves)
    [Green] WHITE, REVOLVER, LOUNGE (Yellow disproves)

"Your Excellency, I am afraid I currently must consider everyone a suspect, though I do admit that I do not consider it at all likely that you did this crime." She had learned a hard lesson about underestimating people, but still she highly doubted that he could have done this. He can't even speak coherently. The only way he could have managed to kill anyone would have been by accident. And he would not have considered or been able hide the body.

Another suspect called attention to the fact that alcohol was stored in the cellar, and Rose noticed for the first time that the elderly cardinal had a brandy snifter next to him. "Your Honor, I think it would be wise if you did cut back on the alcohol consumption."

The detective sighed with annoyance as the last guest finally entered the room. "Lady, in future please be punctual when you are summoned."

14. padawanlissa

Jul 31, 2005
    In answer to a question PMed to me: The order for players disproving is always the same as the initial roster (Red, Yellow, White, Green, Blue, Purple, then back to Red and so on). I post the the accusations in the order that they were made, but they are disproved by the next person on the roster who can do so. If this is confusing, let me know and I can switch to posting accusation in the same order as the roster.

15. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Feb 7, 2005
    Cardinal Spooner glowered. "It is customary," he said, "to address a Cardinal as Your Enimence." He rose and turned toward the fireplace. He stood silent for a moment, then spun to face the detective. "There were two!"

"Excuse me?"

"Two standlekicks! Er, candlesticks! On the mantle! Boddy had two of those serling stilver... candle... sticks... over the fireplace, but there's only one there now! Look at it, thing must weigh pen tounds. That menace Magenta probably blubbed Coddy, er, clobbed Buddy with it in the hall!"

[MAGENTA, CANDLESTICK, HALL]

16. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Majestic Magenta

"Menace?" Maj echoed with openly fake shock. He jumped to his feet once again. "With a candlestick? Your Eminence, that's just simply not my style!" The young man winked at the old man now. The added inflection in the Cardinal's title was not missed by anyone.

With the careless attitude still in place, Maj decided to add another accusation to the growing pile. "On the other hand, blunt objects seem more like something a deaf man would use." He gestured towards the lone body sitting with a single earphone stuck to his head. "Shinin' Star probably didn't even realise what he was doing in that dining room on that fateful night ..."

[Purple's Accusation] SHININ' STAR - LEAD PIPE - DINING ROOM

17. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Jade Hunter

"I just can't believe anyone would want to murder, Mr Boddy," Jade sighed, dropping into a plush chair. "He was such a nice man."

"Really," Detective Sorenson replied dryly. "I find that statement hard to believe coming from a woman who, by several accounts, had her own grudge against the deceased."

Jade's eyes widened, her mouth dropping open in shock. "Wha...what ever do you mean?" she gasped, her eyes darting around the room. "Who told you -,"

"Why don't you set the record straight, then," Sorenson suggested.

"It was nothing, really," Jade insisted. "I just wanted -,"

"Needed is what I heard," an accusing voice interrupted.

"Are you telling this story or am I?" Jade hissed, shooting daggers across the room.

"You are," Sorenson interjected, sending a warning glance to the room occupants. "Please continue."

"It was nothing, actually," Jade continued with a sniff. "I just asked Mr. Boddy to invest in my company and he refused saying he didn't have the resources, which I knew was ridiculous because he posted record profits last quarter."

"But I didn't kill him!" she insisted. "And I'll prove it,"

GREEN - REVOLVER - BALLROOM

18. C1-J2

May 16, 2007
    "Well I never!" White huffed. "I show up when I want to." She stuck her chin up in the air stubbornly. "And to prove my innocence. I'll tell you what I know: It must have been Jade, she's had that terrible grudge against dear old Mr. Boddy. And it was probably with the knife and in the . . . hall! That's right the hall!"

Jade, Knife, Hall

19. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Ally Azure looked up from her paper again in annoyance. "I already told you who I thought it was," she complained. "But if you're going to demand another answer then I guess I should tell you that I saw Cardinal Spooner heading towards the kitchen last night with a candlestick."

RED, CANDLESTICK, and KITCHEN

20. padawanlissa

Jul 31, 2005
    Round 2:
    [Red] MAGENTA, CANDLESTICK, HALL (White disproves)
    [Purple] SHININ' STAR - LEAD PIPE - DINING ROOM (Red disproves)
    [Green] GREEN - REVOLVER - BALLROOM (Yellow disproves)
    [White] Jade, Knife, Hall (Green disproves)
    [Blue] RED, CANDLESTICK, KITCHEN (Red disproves)
    Yellow stayed quiet.

21. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Feb 7, 2005
    "Ha!" the Cardinal barked. "Don't be absurd. I have a fire of fear next to my face." He looked around at the others' faces, most of which seemed to say that it made sense, really. "Look at us, throwing out wild accusations nilly-willy. Is there anyhody bere we haven't mentioned? No? How about some moom we've rissed? Some new item we want to add to the list of wotential peapons? Perhaps it was a lanner in the spibrary, er, spanner in the library. And, oh, I don't know, maybe Stinin' Shar, or whatever that blasted name is supposed to be, who did it. Why not? Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to nake a tap." He walked back to his chair, plopped down, and was asleep within seconds.

[YELLOW, WRENCH, LIBRARY]

22. MasterMonkey13

Dec 19, 2008
    Shinin' Star gasped at the Cardinal, "You know very well what my name is Mr...... (Shinin' searched his mind for a good comeback) ....Super Bowl loser!" :p ;) Well, I took some time off last round to gather my thoughts."

I think it was the CARDINAL with the ROPE in the CONSERVATORY.

23. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Jade Hunter

"You know, now that I think about it," Jade paused, her brows furrowed together. "I do recall something else last night." Pointing an accusing finger, she said:

BLUE - REVOLVER - LOUNGE

24. C1-J2

May 16, 2007
    "I didn't say what I really meant last round. What I really meant was that it was Cardinal and he had a knife, and he probably was in the ballroom. After that he was so depressed by his acts that he took him to the cellar to have one last drink with his former best friend."

Cardinal, Knife, ballroom

25. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Majestic Magenta

"You heard something last night?" Maj looked at the green lady. "Was nobody else besides me fast asleep during, well, you know, the NIGHTTIME?"

[Purple's Accusation] JADE HUNTER - LEAD PIPE - BILLIARD ROOM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.