main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Return of Do We Want a Message Board on Our Website?

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by DonC, Mar 11, 2004.

?

Return of Do We Want a Message Board on Our Website?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2004.
  1. Yes, I want a message board on our website.

12 vote(s)
    63.2%
  2. No, I don't want a message board on our site.

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    [image=http://www.durbnpoisn.com/images/faces/BigLaugh.gif]

2. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    Please feel free to go over to the IK boards and take a look around. One of the advanatges is you can set it up to meet your groups needs. We still use the tF.N boards for recruitment and event postings but we keep all our our general chit chat on OUR boards. To be perfectly honest and nothing against Krash but have someone mod a clubs board who is not a member of that club is stupid.

There are some great mods here in FF hell there are allot who are very close friends of mine but there are some who have let power go WAY to her I mean their heads.

Anyway please feel free to look at the IK boards and do not hesitate to ask any questions.

Indy Knights Forums

3. Xizor@TheView

Xizor@TheView TFN Collecting, Former IK President star 3 VIP

Aug 9, 1999
    Ditto what Incom said. WE have been very happy with our set up, at least it works well for us. Sure we still have intra group drama, but is now our drama and doesn't have to be dragged across the entirety of the FF.

Just my 2 credits.

4. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    and nothing against Krash but have someone mod a clubs board who is not a member of that club is stupid.
    Hey, I asked you guys what/how much you need from me...so I won't take that too personally! But what you described can and does happen in some cases.

Actually, when we were discussing this option (during the last council meeting) I used the Indy Knights as the prime example of how a group can have their own boards and still use TFN's to the fullest.

5. Incom4

Mar 4, 2001
    What I was refering to Krash is how FF is setup in general. The CR has no real power and must rely on the RSA to do the work for them. I have always said that a CR should have mod power but only in his/her own forum. If a situation gets out of hand that is when the CR needs to go to the RSA. The CR is elected by the club to be the voice and rep on the FF board. To that point the CR is trusted by the group and intern should be able to mod their own board.

Just my opinion though.

6. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    I'll vouch for Krash.
    He does you all as a prime example of how to do our own separate boards :D

And [face_shocked]
    I didn't know that the CR doesn't have mod power! [face_shocked] That's just stupid!

7. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    If you don't mind the input from another CR Phoenix had really got a lot of benefit out of having a seperate messageboard on our website. We currently have a private "over 18" area where we can unwind after a long day without having to worry about our younger members and TOS restrictions.

As for specific software we are currently running MaxWebPortal, an ASP-based web portal which integrates our main site and our messageboards in one package. We're also looking at rolling out an area for members to upload event pictures in the near future. We've found it to be a very customizable piece of software and very fast.

Hope this helps,

IA

8. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    The CR has no real power and must rely on the RSA to do the work for them.
    Believe me...I argued this point with OFH. But as it currently stands, that's the way things here work. Thanks to recent changes in my schedule...there isn't much I have to do, without being asked to by the various CRs.

9. Incom4

Mar 4, 2001
    Imagine that Krash we have something in common.

That is the whole problem I had with TF.N. I do not think it is right for a RSA to come into a city and edit posts of people they do not know. In our case our CR did not ask for the thread to be edited but the RSA ( It was not Krash) came in and edit it because SHE thought it was inappropriate and was a flame.

FF is not the JC our members see each other in real life and interact on a totally different level. I have long lobbied the OS to have a listing of all local fan clubs and thier message boards. Will that ever happen?..... you never know.

10. Malo-ha

Malo-ha Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2003
    I voted yes. I think it would be a good idea to have something up and running just in case.

The Indy site looks good. Looks liek they are doing a lot of work on making sure we have a lot of info for whne we go to Celebration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.