Return of JSM

Discussion in 'San Joaquin Valley, CA' started by MotherPalpatine, Aug 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, that's right, the Wizard and I return to sewing class tomorrow and JSM(Jedi Sewing Misstress.) The Wizard is taking on a project that will make him a Dog Demon and I will begin work on the new Dooku cape.

I found some fabric only a couple of days ago and after comparing color we decided that this was the best we had found so far and so bought the entire bolt. It is a nice wool (100%) unlike the original cape. The cape he has now is very nice but it was never quite right not to mention that since we had been led to believe that it was 100% wool we had it dry cleaned only to learn after shrinking at least 6 six inches it was a wool/spandex blend.

Again, there were things that were simply not quite right with how it was made, and I accept 50% of the fault even though I did not make the cape, so that now I have the right fabric and lining (do not get me started on the lining)I get to make the cape myself. [face_dancing]
  2. ScootyPuffJr Jedi Knight

star 2

Did you get a good bolt price? I'm always looking for new wool suppliers (although IS&W suits me fine down here...)

Mary-SPJ
  3. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes we got a very good bolt price plus 30% off the lining. I hate the current lining. Wrong color. Wrong fabric. Wrong.

Began working on the first mock up today after working on pattern last night. Class went well and Skippy was a big hit in his Puss 'N Boots costume.

4. ScootyPuffJr Jedi Knight

star 2
    Wait -- I'm back a couple pages...who and/or what is Skippy?
    Mary
  5. Liz_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    He's Bette's cross-dressing costuming cat-purse.
  6. ScootyPuffJr Jedi Knight

star 2
    Niiiice!
    Mary
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.