main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Return of the Defenders of the A&P Love Story (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by DarthBreezy, Jul 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Well Gang, we out grew our old home at over 7000 post...

As a tribute to IamZam, who started the original thread I offer Qui-gon Brownies and other refreshents to help you get settled in.

This thread is for people who thought the Anakin and Padme was a lovely contribution to the Star Wars Saga. We pledge to engage in healthy debate with those who would accuse the story of being 'contrived' or 'unbelievable' and defend the idea of true love everlasting for our heros....

Welcome!

Darth Breezy,

Defender and Jedi Nookie Queen.

[face_love]

Locked per Breezy's request to make room for new thread.

2. The_Abstract

The_Abstract Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2002
    I have a bad feeling about this.

3. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    Have a good feeling. As soon as the server glitch subsides, the original thread will be locked.

This is the new A&P thread.

[Anakin] "Trust me." [/Anakin]

4. padawanskywalker

padawanskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    New to this thread.

padawanskywalker has spoken! :)

5. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    Does this mean we will not get to our 10k post? Let's make it cumulative, OK? Can we do that?
    We are following the same creed as part 1! Let's make that clear and simple so we are still of the same mind and purpose [face_love] [face_love]

6. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Right, the last post on the old home was at 7190... this post marks 7191... only 2009 to go!!!

7. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Howdy-ho!

Welcome aboard padawanskywalker!

--MissPadme

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Peers around at new quarters. *Sniff Sniff* Am I getting that high feeling off of the new paint fumes or the brownies? [face_laugh]

9. IamZam

IamZam Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 19, 2002
    blue milk, new carpet and Qui-Gon brownies. Does it everytime. Looks around....Like what you did with the place. I miss the old home, but this is nice too. Lets see how long it takes to max this one out..

Helps self to some brownies and thanks Pool Boy for all of his ummm....services....

ahh a nice Long Island and a barco lounger just what the Master ordered. Yes this place will do quite nicely...

Pool Boy is free for the next person in need of his services...

I only hope that we are able to archive our old thread (s). I would hate to loose all of those wonderful discussions we had..

10. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    Woo! The gang's all here! :D I love you guys.... *sniff* So, yeah....I do hope that there's no trouble in archiving the old (ah, I can't believe I'm even saying that!) thread....otherwise, as likely as not, I'll have no choice but to plow through those nearly two hundred pages, to save it all, and....well, yeah, while I don't at all *mind* having to do so....pleasure, honestly, and I can't think of a better way to spend my time ;) - still I'll just be glad if I don't have to panic overmuch over it. :) *phew*

*takes a good, long happy look around and pulls out a silk throw and velvet cushions* Nice, very nice....think I'll make myself good and comfy. :D Oh, Pool Boy....

Dawn.

11. stacysatrip

stacysatrip Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Morning, guys! We outgrew our old home, I guess. Well, let's keep this one going! Someone needs to post some nice A/P pics...or pics of Hayden...

12. qingauk

Jul 12, 2002
    Pics..yes..nothing like familiar Pics to make one feel at home. Meadow scene, kissing, lovin of all kinds.
    Does all the family know where we are? I hope they don't panic when they see the old home locked up. I like the new digs as long as they are as warm and cozy as the last ones [face_love]

13. vampire-jing

vampire-jing Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 2002
    Yeah! Return of the Defenders!

Long live this thread! :D :D :D :D :D

14. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    [image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/s/i/88.jpg] [image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/s/i/084.jpg]

Stacy - I was just thinking that as I found my way back home again! :D And thanks to GS and his great site for the pix!

Everyone - what better way to begin the new thread & our <sniff> new home <sniff>, hey, is that paint fumes? PLJ you were right...I'm gettin' kin...da...diz...zy <passes out>

:D :D :D

15. qingauk

Jul 12, 2002
    oh yes.. GS has some of the best ones on the web. He does great wallpapers. so sharp and clear..great composition.got his site bookmarked for a long time ;)
    end of commercial :D

did you see the item about the starwars kid? so sad.

16. GunraysLawyer

GunraysLawyer Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2003
    {walks in sees...Ariss passed out on floor, PLJ wondering about smilling and a small group hanging pictures}

Good Morning, Ladies and Gentleman...I trust someone can open a window, I mean we don't need too many complaints about paint fumes.

As for the new digs, they seem awfully empty right now, but I'm sure we'll get used to them. Finally and somewhat surprisingly, I have nothing controversial to say at the moment. I'm sure if we get Lex in here, the two lawyers can start something. :) {We'll use MissPadme as a ref. :)}

See ya,
    Gunray's Lawyer

17. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    I mean we don't need too many complaints about paint fumes.
    My head hurts. I think it's the paint fumes.

:p

Finally and somewhat surprisingly, I have nothing controversial to say at the moment.
    "Nooooooooo! It's not possible!"

I'm sure if we get Lex in here, the two lawyers can start something.
    For all the comments about the rarefied air of academia and pointy-headed scholars (or whatever it was you said ;)), I'm surprised you'd deign to allow me the label of "lawyer" at all. [face_laugh]

I'll take it, of course. :D

Sadly, I also have neither insights nor controversy this morning.

But the new thread is cool. :cool:

18. GunraysLawyer

May 23, 2003
    For all the comments about the rarefied air of academia and pointy-headed scholars (or whatever it was you said ), I'm surprised you'd deign to allow me the label of "lawyer" at all.

First, I didn't use the pointy-headed phrase. The rest is more or less correct. :) ;)

Secondly, the label "lawyer"....My friend, you're welcome to it...I greatly prefer "Squire" (after all, it goes so well with my very Irish last name. :D )

Finally, I told you no complaints about the fumes. :mad:

Oh, to pick up on something that you said earlier....I think the lack of the Japor Snippet in AOTC was entirely a mistake on the writers' part...I think that they forgot. Unfortunatly, it not being there helps open up some of the foolishness that is heard from the fanboys, amateur psychologists, and generally shallow people in fandom.

19. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    W h o a Ok...getting better...<opens window & a fresh breeze pours in> Mmmm, there we go. Now GunraysLawyer won't beat on Darth Lex for his complaining. [face_laugh]

Hey! Who ate all the brownies? :mad: Guess we'll have to whip up another batch. ;)

I think the lack of the Japor Snippet in AOTC was entirely a mistake on the writers' part...I think that they forgot. Unfortunatly, it not being there helps open up some of the foolishness that is heard from the fanboys, amateur psychologists, and generally shallow people in fandom.

I think it was forgotten too, which is truly unfortunate. It could have quieted many fanboy's by it's simple appearance and solidified the love story even further. :)

20. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    **Cricks fingers in her direction**

PB, you and I are going to be spending A LOT of time together for the rest of the summer, as I just got laid off :D

Crack out the margaritas and brownies!! :D :D

I get my summer off!

21. vampire-jing

vampire-jing Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 2002
    I think it was forgotten too, which is truly unfortunate. It could have quieted many fanboy's by it's simple appearance and solidified the love story even further.

So true. I hope the Japor Snippet will reappear in EP3, but it seems unlikely.

22. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    [image=http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Crowd%20Grin.gif] We're here for ya PLJ

23. jedi-ES

jedi-ES Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    For all the comments about the rarefied air of academia and pointy-headed scholars (or whatever it was you said ), I'm surprised you'd deign to allow me the label of "lawyer" at all.

First, I didn't use the pointy-headed phrase. The rest is more or less correct.

It would probably be a good idea to start this new thread without a derogatory remark to one group or another. ;) Just a thought...

It seems as though the majority just doesn't seem to like that. :D

24. PoolBoy

PoolBoy Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2002

Hi Breezy. Love the new house. Plenty of room for all of the Defenders to stretch their legs (and minds) and express their deepest and most insightful thoughts. But I hope you?ve got a pool!! ;)

Off to work on my tan :D

25. GunraysLawyer

May 23, 2003
    Please find something from the AOTC board in the most recent Love topic and my response. The italicised portions are the thoughts of one Darthoffski.

Cheesy professing of love by Anakin at times, but it takes a man to say such things, the most important words he has ever had to say, which if not received well, will ruin his friendship with the woman he loves. No wonder he's awkward. He's a young man with conflicting feelings, risking everything for love. It makes us guys puke to hear such things, but only while we are afraid to admit that we can be afraid to say how we feel, because we feel we would be unwise to lower our defences...

So true...There is nothing more frightening than telling a woman that you love her for the first time. The reason: As noted, there is no faster way to drive a woman away than to tell her that, if she doesn't share the feeling. I would say that that is in fact the reason for the flowery, almost Elizabethan language he uses...Think about it.

Gunray's Lawyer

Feel Free to Comment

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.