main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Return of the Defenders of the A&P Love Story (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by DarthBreezy, Jul 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    I promise Dawn!! [face_blush] :D

2. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    Palaptine is just a sweet old man who wants to be loved. I mean, just look at him.

See how happy he is? What's not to love? Now, yes, I know there's the whole Death Star incident, and the wiping out the Jedi does look bad and all, but honestly, you can't expect a person to run a whole massive empire and not make a couple of mistakes.

Know that I do look at him he is not all that bad. Maybe he was just not loved that when he was little. Hey maybe that's why he does not like the Jedi. I mean think about it the Jedi say they should not love. Maybe he does not like that aobut them. Mmmmm maybe not. :p

Any ways I agree with Stryphe when things start getting into talking about the fans in a bad light it will lead to flames. Not right at the start. But it will happen.

The BS thread and the AP thread are the two big threads in the SWC. I think they should be the ones every one looks at and see fans talking not about other fans but about the just the movies. If you really need to vent the e-mail and PM's are the way to go. If there is someone doing something wrong then let Strilo and Stryphe know about it. That way they can do there job. If they are not here then let another mod know.

I really think that we should not bring up the fans so much in a bad light at all. It's be kept down and not seen as much as it was in the past. But it still can happen.

3. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    Well, now, perhaps some "fans" wouldn't be brought up or otherwise mentioned in what's construed as a "bad light" if they did not so often deliberately portray themselves in that same bad light. In other words....we've only been commenting on the obvious - *not* making the proverbial mountains out of molehills....nor have we been exacerbating any sort of troubles by implying that some sort of negative behavior is there, on their part, when it really isn't....because that is, in truth, how they keep coming across. It's the sort of thing that's continually said, the very manner of comments that are continually broached - the mindset that we do find ourselves battling time and time again - so if there's any sort of "bad light" to be seen here, it's rather because their comments and actions have brought them into it in the first place. We wouldn't, if they didn't....simple as that. But so long as we do, and we feel passionately enough to defend - title of our thread here, 'nuff said - that's what we'll do.

A-*hem*. Now, then.... Anyone know when Ewan and Charley's show "Long Way Round" is scheduled to start, most places....? I keep hearing that it'll be fairly soon down on Bravo in the states - unfortunately that never seems to be a real barometer for Bravo up here, though of course I desperately wish it was. ;) One bit o' whispering I've already heard seems to imply that we won't be seeing it until next *year*....like January, February, March or something - really not quite sure on that. Eeeep, someone *please* tell me better news....'cause I've been checking out their website and everything, and especially after Ewan's interview last night - *really* looking forward to the show, and of course, to the accompanying book as well! Entirely delightful.... :D

Ooooh, oooh, how's this for another binding theme 'twixt "Buffy" and SW....redemption! :) Spike's redemption, obviously, both pre and post-soul....he was already workin' awfully hard at it, even if initially he started doing so just to win Buffy's heart....in the end it became a lot more than that - it was about doing the right thing, fighting the good fight, and in so doing, proving himself truly a good man - a *man*, period! - and time and time again, he proved not only his love for Buffy, but his willingness to absolutely do the right thing - and in every way possible that a person can be truly redeemed, I believe....he certainly was. :) And Angel, too, has been seeking redemption all along....even if he's admittedly a bit whiny and callow about it. ;) I mean, really, all his sulking about being the "first one" with a soul, and now "everybody" was doin' it.... *shakes head, amused* As Spike would say....what a poof. :)

Still, the whole notion of redemption in "Buffy" is of course very strong, and involves more folks than just Spike and Angel....broader implications, one might say - but at the very least, it's certainly fertile ground for comparison and consideration....let's discuss, shall we? :D Ooooh yes, let's do.... *gleefully rubs hands together*

Dawn.

4. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    *laughing as she recalls the many debates and sparring matches that the Geek Trio have had* Oh yes, too true, that....about how they'll momentarily forget whatever else they're doing, whatever other nefarious scheme or plan to take over the world they're working on, just to totally geek out over something else.... :) Like the time they practically came to blows over who was the better James Bond.... ;) Ahhh, yes, I *know* they were attempting to be evil and all, and Warren in particular - obviously not so much the good guy - but they were just *so* insanely funny....brings a smile to my face just to remember 'em. :)

Dawn.

5. Mr_Boba_Jango

Mr_Boba_Jango Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2002
    I believe that Ewan's show "Long way Round" begins on Bravo on Thursday, October 28 at 10:00 P.M. and then each Thursday after that. So, a week from tomorrow.

:)

6. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Thanks, hon. :) Well, I'll keep checkin' the listings and watchin' out for it in the meantime, then....I suppose stranger things have happened than Bravo up here being good about airing new programming, so you know, we shall see....at the very least, though, I understand that their companion book to the series is coming out, sooner rather than later - so if all else fails, if Bravo does indeed leave us out in the cold for the time being, anyway....there *is* always the book. I've just gotta keep remembering that. :)

Dawn.

7. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Ewan was cute! Thank goodness for Tivo- now i can catch all of those episodes, and then tape them sans-commercials.

I have to say, I love seeing Ewan roaring around on his motorcycle with his Obi-Wan hair and beard though - how very UN-Obi-Wan.... or is it? [face_thinking]

BTW is anyone else getting "Service Unavailable" messages when they try to access this page? I know we aren't that large of a thread yet- but might it be time for round 3 of the A/P Defenders?

8. FairNaberrie

FairNaberrie Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2004
    Does anyone have some screen caps of Ewan on Leno?

9. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    EWAN WAS FABULOUSLY HYSTERICAL.. :eek:

I laughed so hard. I had to tape it since it was so late but watched it this morning and nearly choked on my toast while eating breakfast! OMG the jokes about the testicle soup and the being a clone where he gets to play with himself! He is so bad :)

Yes, Hayden is real and I sure hope I get to shake one of his large hands at C3. =P~ I want to get my picture taken with him so one of you best be in line with me [face_love] To answer the question : yes, it was Anakin role that introduced me to him but I think his acting ability shown very well in LAAH. The more I watch SW and even SG, I see his strength of skills. More roles will certainly reveal the diversity of talent if it is there. I just wish he was getting those roles now. There seems to be a few in the wings but he is in a real 'dead' phase right now and that could hurt him down the road.

10. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.