Return of the Defenders of the A&P Love Story (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by DarthBreezy, Jul 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. irishjedi49 Jedi Master

star 3
    stacy - Can you guys do me a favor and PLEASE beat Ohio State? This city (and school ... d'oh, I go there now) is insufferable, and really needs to be taken down a peg (or ten).

(Gunray - When I don't wear ND stuff to class, people notice. So, praise be, I've never been mistaken for a Buckeye, don't worry. Cheer, cheer ... *tears of nostalgia well up*)
  2. jedi-ES Jedi Padawan

star 4
    stacysatrip

Don't worry, Miami will show you what your guys are made of. ;)
  3. The_Abstract Jedi Master

star 4

I'm sure Miami will have a fine time running a perfect record in the soft ACC. That's such a backwoods conference. ;)

I think I have October 18th and 25th circled on the calender. Mercy will be repaid in kind.

Arriss, I will have to find some way to send you a prize. How do you fit a box of chocolates into an e-mail?

4. GunraysLawyer Jedi Master

star 4
    Alright, it's off topic and too early, but I must respond to the mention of that school in South Florida. :mad:

In the words of a now immortal ad in The Observer from September 1988 (Placed by the men of Section 2A of Zahm Hall, by the way)

Avoid the Rush, Hate Miami Now

You have to have lived through 1985 and 1987 from a ND Point of View to truly understand the depth of the issue with that team.

Now, back to the love story.
  5. Arriss Jedi Master

star 4
    A prize Abs? Mmmmm, I love chocolates! [face_love] How about we spread them out here for all to enjoy? :D

Uh oh, I see the football talk is starting already... [face_shocked] It's going to be a longggg season isn't it? ;) [face_laugh]

PLJ - got those margarita's ready? I think we're gonna need 'em. 8-}
  6. irishjedi49 Jedi Master

star 3
    Gunray - hee hee hee :D I love it, I love it.

When I interviewed at UM law last year, I couldn't help but feel that to my father (ND '79) the idea that I could possibly be a Hurricane, growing up as I did in the 80's with a deeply ingrained hate-Miami attitude, was unconscionable. Gorgeous location. Shame about the football.

:D

(ES, I did root for Miami though in the championship this spring. Boo, Bucks.)

Arriss - Why, it's never too early to begin talking about football! :D But bring out the margaritas anyway.
  7. PadmeLeiaJaina Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Alright- no football brawls allowed in here boys and girls :mad:

WHIRRRRRRRRR WHIRRRRRRRRRRR goes the blender.

*swish... pour...*

One margarita for IrishJedi, and one for Arriss!
  8. Arriss Jedi Master

star 4
    Mmmmmmm, PLJ, you make one mean margarita! :D <hiccup>

Opps, drank too fast. LOL
  9. irishjedi49 Jedi Master

star 3
    Mmm, strawberry, my favorite. Gracias chica :D

*clinks glasses with Arriss and PLJ*
  10. The_Abstract Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, so I can't figure out how to send gifts over the internet, (that is without spending any money I don't have) I hope Arriss will be happy will a picture. :cool:

[image=http://mysite.verizon.net/vze356kt/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/compromising.jpg]

At the protest of certain parties with interests in the picture, I am posting another picture, where you all can see my "cute smile". Her words. Not mine. 8-}

[image=http://mysite.verizon.net/vze356kt/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/2206712721.jpg]

11. MissPadme Jedi Padawan

star 4
    As a native of South Florida and the progeny of a University of Miami alumni, I have to say, "Go 'Canes!"

(The football teams of where I actually went to school either stink or aren't in the same NCAA level.)

--MissPadme
    wondering which teams Anakin and Padmé would root for...

P.S.--Ah, so that's what Abs and IrishJedi look like :cool:.
  12. stacysatrip Jedi Padawan

star 4
    irishjedi We will certainly try! One of my former psych professors went to OSU. He rambled about it ALL THE TIME. He basically indicated that we couldn't get the same level of education as one might at an almighty "Big Ten" school. And I'm sitting in class, listening to his incessant droning, thinking, "OK, so what are you trying to do to change that?"
  13. jedi-ES Jedi Padawan

star 4
    He makes no friend who never made a foe.

-Lord Tennyson

As a fan of Miami since the 1984 National Championship game when UM beat Nebraska for our first national championship (5 total in 20 years - better than any other team by 3 ;) ), and a native of South Florida, I know well the animosity that our great success has had on the rest of the country. I feel for you guys...truly I do. 8-}

But I guess success speaks for itself.

And if you want to match up alma maters and part success, I wouldn't back down from that either.

(One hint: Roll Tide. :D )
  14. anakin_girl Jedi Knight

star 6
    Abs and irishjedi are nice-looking people. :) Thanks for sharing the pics. :)
  15. anakin-player Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Great pics Abs.

Why all the USC bashing? The school that produced GL and Ron Howard is getting trashed. Don't forget OJ. ;)

I must thank the Irish along with Carson Palmer because that USC-ND game was the reason Carson won the Heisman. :) The highly praised Irish defense was non existant afterall. :D

I won't bash UM because I know they got game!
  16. Arriss Jedi Master

star 4
    <groan=football> [face_laugh] J/K guys! 8-}

Abs & IJ - nice pix! Soooo...when's the wedding? ;)

Oh boy, did that get a look! :D
  17. Darth_Lex Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmm, let's see....

(The football teams of where I actually went to school either stink or aren't in the same NCAA level.)
    College team -- Stinks and I-AA. [face_laugh]

Law School team -- Stinks. :p

Current team -- well, let's put it this way...

10/12/02 - UM 28, us 27 ("Wide LEFT!")

You're welcome, jedi-ES ;)

10/26/02 - Irish 34, us 24 ("Yes, Chris Rix really is THAT bad!")

No need to rub in it, GunraysLawyer and irishjedi -- one of my best law school buddies (ND '96) flew down for the game and did all the cheering and rubbing in that is necessary. :(

Anakin Skywalker-style revenge will be taken on 10/11/03 and 11/1/03 respectively. (Except, of course, that Chris Rix is still our starting quarterback..... :mad:)

I think it's going to be another lousy (where 8-4 is considered lousy) season. To quote our dear coach, "Dadgum!" :p

:D
  18. PadmeLeiaJaina Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Abs and Irish

You two are too cute! :D Keep that lovin' going guys [face_love] [face_love]
  19. irishjedi49 Jedi Master

star 3
    You guys are really sweet [face_love] Merci beaucoup. Hey, only good things can come out of the Love Story, right?

But yep, Arriss, you got a Look :p

a_g, when do we get to see you and the Italian Stallion? :)

Lex, no worries. But I won't make any promises come November :D

EDIT:
    Stacy - LOL @ your story. Yes, the Big Ten is overrated. I mean, I am glad that I am getting a good education at my law school. But there is a fairly large disconnect between the graduate programs and the undergraduate ones around here. I mean, I don't think it was the law students setting fires to entire blocks around here after Michigan last year!
  20. DarthBreezy Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I can't believe it's done...

While you were Out

My forray into silly AU....

Opee-Wan, Anakin and the twins with a few surprises, especially if you're familiar with Geo3's Winds of Change[/b]...

:p

DB feels lost now!
  21. Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight

star 5
    I hope no one minds....but....would it be alright if I appropriated the Pool Boy for a li'l bit here? I'm feeling *totally* freaked-out stressed, frantic, worried, anxious, and in general....well....rather unduly edgy and nervy right now, and *so* not in the good way....as if there ever *is* a good way, yeah, I know. It's just....came across some rather distressing news possibly pertaining to someone that I've ordered a costume from, and....and.... *has a lump in her throat and rocks back and forth a bit as the stress level ratchets up out of all control* Man, this is so *not* the way I wanted my week to start out....it's totally blowing my focus and creativity nine ways from Sunday....and I have to admit that I am so *not* in a good mental atmosphere right now. :( I *am* trying, but, well....you know. *distressed sigh*

Intellectually, I mean, I *am* desperately trying to convince myself that everything's gonna be okay....especially since I've already sent off my deposit sum, so naturally I thought that everything was safely and comfortably under way there....and then *this* happens....and it is *so* very hard for me to convince my heart of what my head wishes so much to believe. Gads, I'm just so torn right now.... *stressing out again*

Thanks again, guys....and I'm sorry to be doing the whole proverbial venting-of-my-spleen thing....I mean, I know it's something that no one really needs to see, or to hear, for that matter....and I don't wanna be putting all you dear folks through it, either. But sometimes....well....you know.... *sighs wearily and puts her head in her hands*

Dawn.
  22. anakin_girl Jedi Knight

star 6
    *sends Pool Boy over to Dawn*

She needs a rubdown with aromatherapy massage oil, and a good stiff drink, hon...do your stuff...

Abs and irishjedi:

This isn't the best shot of me, but this is us last December...

[image=http://www.geocities.com/chief121371/arttommechristmas022smaller.jpg]
  23. PadmeLeiaJaina Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    A_G

You stole my cat! :eek: Well not completely- but Ollie looks a lot like the guy you're hugging.

Hey Dawn- go wander over to the JCC and read THIS - it should help make you realize that whatever's going on in your life, can't nearly be that bad... and will hopefully give you a massive case of the giggles :D
  24. anakin_girl Jedi Knight

star 6
    PLJ: Well, Tom did have a littermate that looked just like him, but had six toes on one paw...
  25. PadmeLeiaJaina Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Ollies got 7 toes on every foot ;) And he's slightly cross-eyed. Not exactly a beauty, but he's got lots of personality.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.