main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Return of the Defenders of the A&P Love Story (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by DarthBreezy, Jul 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    anakin_girl, PLJ - thanks so much, guys....you know how much I need and appreciate you all....whatever would I do without you, oh man, I don't even wanna think on that. Who knows the state of mind I'd be in right now if I wasn't able to vent....right now I fear as that's all I can do....and I just hope and pray that I *will* have something more positive and encouraging to report later on all this....yeah, for my own sake, fo rsure, but perhaps more importantly still - so as I'm not venting all over *you* anymore. *slight, faint shaky smile*

Ohhh, *man*....now, I think....likely as anything....I'll be curling up with some chocolate ice cream and kahlua....comfort and all that, you know. And of course....the PB just makes all the difference in the world to me right now. So, you know....thanks again, you guys....but you already knew that....

Dawn.

2. stacysatrip

stacysatrip Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Qui-Dawn Hope things get better for you! The "Pool Boy" should be of help, though. Ask him for a good massage, will ya?

3. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    Dawn - I hope you feel better soon. :)

After a bit of hesitation and some wonderful encouragement :) I've posted a vignette I wrote some time ago. It's rather dark but if anyone is interested here is the link.

Spellbound

4. vampire-jing

vampire-jing Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 2002
    Arriss, I love your story. It's beautifully written!

Thankfully Padme turned Anakin back in the end. ^___^

5. GunraysLawyer

GunraysLawyer Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2003
    Good Morning---

Will resist temptation to talk football... to denigrate major football powers in Florida generally...To start intercine warfare...

Yet, I must say two things....

anakin-player- Don't forget OJ. I think that speaks for itself. I won't mention the Mid-1980s through the mid-1990s (I think is was 12 years) were USC couldn't beg, borrow, steal or buy a win against ND. It's all cyclical. :)(Remember, I was at ND from 1987-1994)

Jedi-ES- One hint: Roll Tide Remember, Bear Bryant never beat ND (in 4 or 5 tries). Though, the scoreboard of the 1986 game at 'Bama (when they finally beat ND) being on the cover of the next season's media guide speaks volumes of the angst that the former inability to beat us caused.

Now, back to the Love Story

Oh wait, I may be join the group of authors here today, if I can swing the time to post it... It's an AU told from an OC's point of view set at the beginning of the OT...Unlike most AU's, its AU aspects don't really change that much of the pace or outcome of the OT, just add some detail...Hope to see you at To Absent Friends...

6. GunraysLawyer

May 23, 2003
    Good Morning---

BLast it all, I hate Double Posts!!!! :mad:

7. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    GunraysLawyer

to denigrate major football powers in Florida generally...
    I know. The Jaguars and Dolphins just can't get it together, can they?

;)

Will resist temptation to talk football... BLast it all, I hate Double Posts!!!!
    Isn't that what ND's cornerbacks said all last season? [face_mischief] [face_mischief]

Oh, you meant double posts on the Boards......

:p

p.s. LonErian is me, in case you were wondering. (I assume you weren't. :cool:)

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Hi guys

Gahhhh more football yammering :mad:

Glad to see you posted that wonderful viggie Arriss! :D

Reminder to everyone- voting in the Summer Fanfic awards ends tomorrow night! Head on over to the Writers Resource Forum to vote if you haven't already! :D

It's late- but new post up in TCAQ! :D

9. IamZam

IamZam Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 19, 2002
    Football - [:p]

Hey all, I see you've done such a good job of keeping pool boy busy, that we had to add an assistant pool boy. A blonde bearded one, with a delightful Scottish Accent. Works for me!!

In other news, I did some snooping around and I can't believe that in two months (approx) on 9/27/03 it will be exactly one year since the Defenders thread was launched. Wow.. that's a lot of posting for a year.

So I was just wondering if anybody had any ideas on how we could mark this glorious mileestone. Its been an intersting year for all of us I would say. There have been good times and bad times, yet somehow we are all (well almost) still here.

Many of us have found off line friendships (and sometimes MORE!! now that the womp rat is out of the bag!) as a result of our common shared love. I think this deserves some sort of celebration, even if it is only online.

?????????????????

10. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    vampire-jing
    Thank you! I?m glad you liked it. :D

Yay! Gunrayslawyer is joining the zany authors syndicate. ?Good luck pal?yer gonna need it.? 8-} Just kidding. :D I?m sure you?ll do smashing!

Darth_Lex
    LMAO! [face_laugh] That was a hilarious viggy!

PLJ
    We better load up on the margarita mix w/all this football talk. 8-} At least we have PB to keep us company. [face_laugh]

Thanks. :D I had some great encouragement from a few friends. 8-}

New chapter up in Alliance ? see my signature for the link. ;)

ZAM
    Whatever celebration it turns out to be, it needs to be spectacular!! We all have had our share of 'trials and tribulations' and not everything works out the way we want but we still forge ahead and hope for the best.

Cheers Defender's

11. GunraysLawyer

May 23, 2003
    Will resist temptation to talk football... BLast it all, I hate Double Posts!!!!
    Isn't that what ND's cornerbacks said all last season?

Oh, you meant double posts on the Boards......

Yes, well after Fla. State, and Yes.

12. jedi-ES

jedi-ES Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    Just came in here to say that I posted again in my story. Come on over.

But then I saw some football comments, and because of my Y chromosome, just had to respond.

GunraysLawyer

Yes, the Bear did have his problems against ND. But if memory serves me right, he won 6 National Championships at 'Bama in that time period. How many did ND win? :D

And also, go ol' 'Bama has won 11 National Championships. That may be the record, but I'm not sure. ;)

Darth_Lex

Hey, I will concede that the Jaguars suck and the Dolphins continually underperform...but I still wouldn't count them out this year. You never can tell... :D

13. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    No Y chromosome here, but still hoping the Panthers can actually play football better than I can this season. :p

14. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    "Football" (pah.. take of the obscene amount of paddng and then you can call it football).

Give me the real thing or at least a decent Game like Baseball.

A toast, to absent friends....

15. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    A toast, to absent friends....

I second that DB....

16. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    *raises glass*

And a third...

EDITED TO ADD:

take of the obscene amount of paddng and then you can call it football

Must agree with you there, DB, although I can watch the American version (it's better with beer, but I can watch it) :p ...

a_g *a sweeper on her high school European football team*

17. stacysatrip

stacysatrip Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    I misspoke when I said my Herd would be playing Miami this year. I think they've got Miami coming up sometime in the near future, but not this year. It's Kansas State instead.

IamZam Yay, you brought in my pool boy #2! Now we're talking! I love Hayden and all, he's a cutie and a half, but my Scotsman with a voice like velvet just does it for me. But, now there are two of them! This is heaven!

Now, if Viggo Mortensen can serve drinks and Orlando Bloom can just...I don't know...stand around and look hot, we'll have a serious party going on!

18. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    Viggo will have to move from where I've pinned him down naked if he's going to serve drinks... [face_mischief]

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Now, if Viggo Mortensen can serve drinks and Orlando Bloom can just...I don't know...stand around and look hot, we'll have a serious party going on!

I think Viggo must be the bartender- I think I'll park myself there [face_love]

Orlando is definitely PB3 [face_love] [face_love]

And good lord- is that Johnny Depp swinging over the pool? [face_love]

('Tis a lovely summer for eye-candy on film [face_love] )

20. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    Note to self: see "Pirates of the Caribbean"

21. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    LOL at PB #2, stacysatrip and anakin_girl! I'd rather visualize that than talk football any day!!!

22. IamZam

May 19, 2002
    Stacy
    Hey they are all welcome in my book.

Now we just need to find some helper to keep our male Defenders equally happy...

[face_laugh]

Then we can all get done and have the pool party to end all pool parties. I could sure use the break.

23. IamZam

May 19, 2002
    Blech excuse the stupid double posting..

24. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Just a little question.

How many Pool Girls per Pool Boy are allowed?

I mean, seeing as how we're up to five Pool Boys (if we're counting Messrs. Bloom, Mortensen, and Depp), at least one Girl would be nice.

Just wondering.

[edit] IamZam [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Thanks! :cool:

25. Arriss

Jun 1, 2002
    Keira Knightly and Natalie Portman can keep the guys occupied. ;)

Yum! [face_love] to the additional PB's!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.