main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Return of the Ewok - August 23 - I LIVE! (And Dragon*con)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by ArtyEwok, Jul 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArtyEwok

ArtyEwok LFL Artist star 4 VIP

Mar 18, 1999
  2. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Cool. What size was the original?

3. ArtyEwok

Mar 18, 1999
    Pretty small, around 3x3

4. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I just love looking through your thread, ArtyEwok! Your "Buttkickin' Yoda" and the recent Grievous post are wonderful! And a belated congratulations on your sketch cards, too--that's awesome! =D=

FF

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Ooo...I like your Grievous sketch. Eventhough it's fairly small, you still managed to pull off a good deal of detail. Nice job! :D

6. ArtyEwok

Mar 18, 1999
    Thank you. Now, if I could spell grievous the world would be fine ;)

7. corellian_chic242

corellian_chic242 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 17, 2003
    I really like your style.... They all look like they were done quickly and with little or no difficulty on the part of the artist.... That takes skill. :)

I love this stuff! :D

8. Ty_Ordell

Ty_Ordell Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 7, 2002
    Just remember the rule Arty, i before e except after c. The english language is so messed up. Or do you speak Inuit up there in Thunder Bay? :D [face_beatup]

Sorry [:D]

9. ArtyEwok

Mar 18, 1999
    Hey all!

Learn how to draw Boga from Revenge of the Sith at rtarwars.com

:) I guess that isn't technically fan art.

I drew a whack of Bogas on my ROTS sketch cards, too, although a lot of them have teeth (I was working from concept drawings of Boga, where she did indeed have teeth.. so I quickly went 'Doh!' when I found out she didn't.)

Also! Some more sketchies:

Twi'Lek Jedi

Squib Jedi

Amaran Jedi

An ewok shaped Tarfful

A cherpy Padawan drawn with photo reference - She wasn't a padawan in the photo :)

Rawr! So many edits because I can't type today.

10. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    These are wonderful, ArtyEwok! I just love the "action" in your characters--they really move to the eye, and have a very dynamic quality to them. The "cherpy padawan" is a great study--I love the expression on her face, and her easy pose. Great stuff!

FF

11. ArtyEwok

Mar 18, 1999
    Thank you, FF :)

FYI, I have a couple of official Sketch Cards up on Ebay (So does Gatodama.. yay!)

One of this Aayla Secura card

And one of this Yoda

:) The original Boga art is also up for auction.. AAaaand.. to make things happy happy for all of you, I've posted my sketch cards to my web site. :D

Enjoy! :D

12. EleganceLiberty

EleganceLiberty Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2005
    Oooohhh!!! I *love* the Grievous sketch! ^_^

And the How to draw Boga is very cool. I can't draw bird-like creatures to save my life, so that'll come in handy. XD;;;

13. ArtyEwok

Mar 18, 1999
    Thanks, EL :D

And hey! You, too, can draw Boga with my easy steps! I make drawing fun!!!

First you drawn an S.. then you draw a more differ... Oh wait. I'm not Strongbad. But that was going through my head as I was writing the instructions.

In more happiness news, Starwars.com has featured my cards today

*dies!*

14. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    =D= =D= Absolutely awesome, ArtyEwok!! How totally cool, to have your cards up on the OS!! I love all of them--fantastic work! And you must be on Cloud 9 right about now! Congrats, and we can't wait to see/hear more!

FF

15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Getting behind here...

ArtyEwok, excellent work on your sketch cards. I love the animated feel you add to your characters - even the villians. It gives them a softer side so that people of all ages can enjoy them. Congrats again on the highlight! :D

16. ArtyEwok

Mar 18, 1999
    Thanks FF and HS29 :D

I tend to ake things cute when I try not to, But I think it works and it keeps my art as my own.

Sidious was so fun to draw :D

17. EleganceLiberty

EleganceLiberty Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2005
    And the Boga comes in the NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!

XD Sorry, couldn't resist. ^^;

I know whatcha mean about 'cute-ifying' things when you don't mean to. But IMO, it really suits the way you draw the characters. =]

18. ArtyEwok

Mar 18, 1999
  19. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Yay!!! The ArtyEwok has been busy-busy!! These are fantastic--I think my favs of this last batch are Padme in the "picnic dress," all of the Wookies, and the Kit Fisto cards! I just love how you show your work--from the sketchiest pieces to the beautifully colored ones--wonderful! Thanks for putting these up here for us to see, too! :D

FF

20. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    All those pictures are great, but my favourite is Chewie. I love the drawing, and the colours seem so vibrant. His face kind of reminds me of British actor Tim Curry, I really don't know why.

21. ArtyEwok

Mar 18, 1999
    Tim curry... chewie..

Now I'm imagining Chewie in fish net stockings, a corset and stilletos XD

22. ArtyEwok

Mar 18, 1999
  23. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    As always, ArtyEwok, these are wonderful cards! Did you do the color with markers, or watercolor or digitally? I think my favorites here are Wicket on the speederbike (really looks like he's flashing along through the trees, there!), the Ithorian and Slave Leia. Is it just me, or are there a lot of Slave Leia drawings around lately...? [face_thinking] :p

Great work here!

FF

24. ArtyEwok

Mar 18, 1999
    All of the cards except the uberchewie posted in my last batch (I think I posted that one?) are coloured with markers. I think watercolour wouldn't be good for the cards :)

My favourite out of this lot, barring Wicket, is the squid head :D

25. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Your cards are great! I particularly like the hammerhead and the gamorrean from the last couple of batches. And it's quite a skill you have to make a big warthog-looky-creature-thing seem cheery and whimsical...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.