Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Skywalker_T-65, Dec 4, 2012.
Nemo noticed, but he ain't telling anyone any time soon
Yep, that's what made me think.
Nice reading all around. Can't wait for time skip to be able to post again!
Yeah, me neither!
I'm going to give today for anyone who wants to get another post up, but the time skip will be at some point tomorrow
I won't be able to get one up until probably Sunday so I will wait for the jump
I got up a post, a peek into Mala's psyche through a glimpse of his former Padawan.
Hmm, your Lore Keeper isn't as well as he appears to be.
Btw, I think we all should establish whether we know each other or have heard of each other by providing some information about our characters. Flesh them out a bit so we can make connections instead of just being a bunch of strangers. I know the Order is big and the Temple even bigger, but some of us has got to have at least be aware of some of the others, especially Healer Lyra Te'lorn for the simple fact that she probably patched one or more of you up on more than one occasion. The same would go for Mala Palerma who is an archivist and has probably helped some of you research or find that elusive book. Therefore you'd probably would know a bit more about them than say Padawan Calen (unless he has a notorious reputation of getting into trouble with his crech-masters ).
So I'll start with what you guys would know about Mala Palerma through past interaction or hearing it on the grapevine:
The Dossier of Mala Palerma
1: He had a Padawan who died on Ruusan in that fateful battle that ended the threat of the Brotherhood of Darkness and wiped out Lord Hoth's army.
2: Since the boy's death, he's been very aloof, almost reclusive even. Where before he was eager to help in the archives, he became less so and wasn't seen as often except when he's doing research or archiving data. Being awoken to find the archives in less than pristine condition and eager to get it up and running again is probably the most lively he's ever been since Ruusan.
3: Prior to Ruusan, it is known that he and his Padawan were at odds with each other and that the boy had gone and went behind his back to ask the Council to let him serve in the Army of Light. Rather than go with him like a Master should have, Palerma chose to stay on Tython.
4: Palerma is a dedicated Jedi scholar who followed the Path of the Lore Keeper like his master before him. Like his future successor, Madame Jocasta Nu, he takes a deep pride in the archives and is a bit arrogant about its completeness and accuracy.
5: Because of his position in the archives, he probably knows everyone on the project. He would have access to their dossiers and know a few things about them that isn't locked behind a Master's clearance.
6: He does know Healer Lyra Te'lorn personally since she's most likely has patched him up a number of times when archeological digs were not as peaceful as one would expect them to be (darn pesky grave robbers). As to who else he might personally know, that's up to the rest of you guys so if you want that connection PM me.
Lets see what else would you all know about him on the surface...
7: Prior and after Ruusan he will skin anyone alive that so much as scratches a table in the archives. Okay he won't skin you alive, but he will give you an earful if you disrupt the tranquility of the archives or bring back a book or datastack late or in worse condition than when he gave it to you. Then proceed to trounce you in a training sally if you keep repeating the offense
8: It is also well known that he has the Psychometry and Force Comprehension abilities and are the main reasons he became a Lore Keeper. He can do telekinesis on the same level as an Initiate, thus he could call his lightsaber to him but could not lift up a chair if his life depended on it. He's a skilled orator but on a scholarly level rather than political. His other strengths lie with his ability to manipulate the weak minded and see the unseen.
9: It is also known that he was close to another Jedi, or rumored to be so but who, only he and/or the Council knows. As for other rumors: 1) it is said that he sleeps in the archives (which is probably now proven true lol), 2) that the reason he can't lift anything more than his lightsaber with the Force is because of a terrible accident as a youngling (and said accident varies depending on who is gossiping), 3) first major test for his studies, in front of a panel of three Jedi Masters for the archives... he apparently cut the cheese or so they say (kudos to Ktala for that one ).
10: He is a master of Soresu and although not the best swordsman in the Order, can hold his own for quite some time.
11: He has killed a Sith Lord, a Darth Levitius, who apparently was a religious scholar for the Brotherhood. They apparently encountered each other on Onderon in an attempt to obtain (or prevent the acquisition of) some ancient scrolls written by Freedon Nadd.
12: He can be addressed as "Master", but it is an honorary title rather than his actual rank, due to having taken on a Padawan Learner.
13: He has refused the High Council's numerous requests for him to take another student.
14: He has trouble sleeping, and thus is often found in the archives late at night with a cup of caffa. This insomnia started after Ruusan.
15: He prefers the scholarly robes of the ancient Jedi Lore Keepers over the more modern ones from his time and will mind trick anyone into doing something embarrassing who so much and tries to say that he is wearing a dress, in which he has gotten into trouble with the High Council for doing. One does not simply mind trick fellow Jedi without the High Council noticing.
16: Mala passes his Trials and is Knighted at age 20. Spends the next 9 years on archaeological digs.
17: Mala takes on his Padawan at age 30, the boy, Kaleb, is 9. Kaleb defies his master at 16 and joins the Army of Light, at 19 he dies in the aftermath of the Seventh Battle of Ruusan. Mala is 39 when he loses his Padawan. He is in his 40s when he's chosen for Karana's project.
This sounds like a good idea. I shall go ahead and post a few things that I can note off the top of my rather sleep deprived head, and any more as I remember them.
1: Calen is usually leaning on the shy side of things, part of the reason he didn't speak up or but in much during the time after awakening.
2: He is typically rather respectful of his elders, and often assumes that whatever they are doing or talking about is more important than whatever reason he might have to interrupt them is(an exception being his lack of understanding of the older jedi, in his perspective, doing nothing while Melina was in danger), and often adopted something very similar to a speak when spoken too attitude in regard to said elders.
3: Calen is at least a bit naive(sheltered if you'd prefer).
4: He was considered well behaved by his(as Mitth put it) creche-masters.
5: His memories of how he came to be among those put in carbonite are missing or unreachable, and some of his others are vague. Of those thus far unfrozen, he would remember Healer Te'lorn(relatively speaking) the best, though still somewhat vaguely, from a few of the typical childhood injuries.
6: Of the three primary 'branches' of the force, he has a powerful connection to the Sense branch. His senses in the force, are quite powerful even at this age, but for the most part uncontrolled. Because of this they are typically bound within a rather short reach for several reasons.
7: Calen doesn't like fighting, and especially dislikes, or fears, death. His senses allow the ripples in the force that death creates to affect him more so than others, and is one of the foremost reasons for this. If he has to fight, than he would do so defensively as best he could, which isn't much.
8: He was chosen by his master at age seven, and has been with him for five years, until now.
That's all I can think of right now. Going to go collapse- err I mean get some sleep.
On another note, look at Mitth and Ktala go
That's a lot of posts
No one's here, so I'm talking to myself, but..... I'll still say goodnight. I'll talk to you fine folks in the morning.
Yep its what happens when you get bit by bunnies. I'll wrap it up tomorrow with a nice smooth transition post. I iz tired and half of me wants to write one thing while the other half says, no no no, wait until later to write that.
Alright got my final post up to set up for the time jump, plus giving a teaser of Vessan's mindset. I'll do a bullet-pointed character writeup now too, but hopefully somebody will save me from double posting
Saved from double posting
I doubt most of you would know anything about Filyn, she keeps herself to herself and was travelling a lot with her Master as a padawan... but I can probably come up with one of those lists in a bit, though it'll be short
Are we good without posting before the jump?
Vessan Felian Dossier:
1. He was a well-known warrior in the Army of Light and fought in the war for 7 of its 10 years. Gained his first military experience on the planet Dulathia in the Mid-Rim that was in danger of leaving the Republic in favor of the Brotherhood of Darkness. Vessan and his former master led loyalist forces in putting down the insurrection and keeping the system loyal to the Senate.
He would have been heard of on occasion in battle reports, news coverage, etc.
2. Trained up to the rank of Knight, and passed his trials when he was 20 years old. He was then placed on assignments with his former Master, a Nautolan female named Esarra Vento. He is now 33 years old.
3. Frequently loses focus of the farther-reaching ramifications of his actions. In short, he is headstrong and impatient like many of his species. Probably needs outside help to overcome this.
4. There is a rumor that on at least one occasion, he executed prisoners, or ordered their execution, depending on whom you hear the story from.
5. In combat, he uses the Force to assault an opponent’s mind in concert with his physical attacks. His strikes are precise and calculated. However, he easily loses himself in this, giving little regard to defense, and bears numerous scars from wounds earned in battle.
6. Despite being a skilled warrior, he also seeks greater knowledge of Force philosophies, and reads whenever he isn’t training or exercising.
7. He was briefly made a Jedi Lord. Rejects the line of thinking behind what a Jedi Lord is.
8. Fought in all seven battles on the planet Ruusan under the command of Hoth and Farfalla. After the final battle he was ordered to assist Farfalla in dealing with the aftermath. Watched from orbit as the Thought Bomb was detonated.
9. Sees the Force as an aid and not a tool. He understands that other Jedi use the Force much more than he, and doesn't discriminate because of that.
10. Maintains a complicated friendship with Mala Palerma, as Vessan brought news of the Lore Keeper’s padawan Kaleb’s death at Ruusan. He also had mentored the estranged padawan in the ways of combat and warfare when the young man sought Vessan out serving in the Army of Light.
11. Vessan noted Palerma’s resulting depression and frequently studied in the Archives on Coruscant post-war as a way of both visiting the troubled man and easing his own sorrow at the death of the boy.
12. Knew most members of the stasis project.
If anyone wants to intermingle backstories or set up plots etc., hit me up with a private message
Yep, I'm good.
Sooo a few notes on Filyn (which I, like a genius, typed up once and accidentally hit close tab )
1. Like mentioned before, keeps herself to herself. She's curious, likes to listen in on others and get to know them, but doesn't let people in easily, especially not other Jedi.
2. Has some issues reining in her passions and has the occasional temper issue. The council is probably keeping an eye on her.
3. Stays away from large-scale conflicts; she wants to be recognised for her deeds, not be one amongst a thousand.
4. Doesn't have an issue following orders, but generally tries to be in a situation where she's never given orders (like being a travelling solo Jedi: "Sorry the solar flare is messing with communications, can you try again never?")
5. Very, very independent, unsurprisingly.
6. Generally, she hasn't done anything of note, isn't really old enough to be noticed, and actively tries not to be noticed. And she was travelling for most of her padawan and knight years thus far so she's away from most of the Jedi.
7. If anything, she might be recognised as being a regular (when she's there) for visiting meditative areas to practice moving meditation. And she's a dancer, I'm sure even the Jedi have creative pursuits like that.
Ummm... that's all I can think of at the moment. I suppose she could be noticed if someone finds her particularly attractive but that's not specific to her, that goes no matter the character.
Guess I'll jump on this train too!
Lyra Te'lorn Dossier
1: Lyra studied with one of the temples high healers. She had another as a Master, but she spent most of her time
learning her healing skills from the healer Ra'sul. Her master, Master Taji Hanso, was responsible for showing her
the connection she had to the Living Force, and into her studies dealing with plants and animals.
2: Originally, Lyra did NOT want her focus of study to be healing, but to study the plants and animals of various worlds. But with the war, she was obligated into joining the ranks of the healers. But her love of plants was well
known, and she sometimes helped out the temple's herbologist in dealing with various plants. Her old room was FULL of plants. She also studied the old ways of plant medicines and cures.
3: She is known to be fierce, when protecting those under her care.
4: She loves to make sculptures. Her like to work in clay, but she has been known to use whatever is available sometimes. She finds the art rather soothing, and she enjoys using the Force to help her achieve her delicate balance in some forms.
5: Lyra was not a soldier in the Army of Light Battles, but she tended to many of those injured in the battles, so she knows many Jedi by their face, if not their names as they have visited the Healers Wards.
6: She once found a stray kitten, and convinced her creche teacher to keep it. After several months, they realized the kitten was not a kitten but a Ronk..and very protective of her. She ended up setting it free, on antoher world where it could live freely, and not be locked up. Dont even ask about the 'fire' kitten incident.
7: Lyra was nicknamed the Druid of Arcadia, after an incident, when she caused an entire valley to burst into bloom
after an severe drought. She shrugs it off as nothing but an happy accident, and that the locals were 'exaggerating'.
8: She prefers worlds not so developed, and taken over by people. In the forest, she is much more in her element, and is very much in tune to the environment around her. She can feel when a storm is coming, or when someone else is manipulating the elements.
9: Lyra dosent like talking about an incident, not widely known. She had been left behind, at a fallback base,
tending to severely injured Jedi, and a handful of children found in a village that had been attacked. The others at
the base, had been called away, to deal with another attack. While the others were gone, Lyra began to hear screams. She found a group of droids had found the base, and had began attacking her patients. Lyra wont exactally say what happened, when when the other Jedi returned, they found her cradling a dead child, and many, many droid parts scattered in the area. There are many rumors floating about of what happened, but she has never spoken of it. It only made her 'dislike' of droids even stronger. She thinks people put far too much trust into the things.
10. Prefers natural over technology, and she had to overcome her major distrust, in order to join the project. But
she felt that it was a necessary evil to endure, to insure the project's success.
11. She has never taken a Padawan. She has never 'felt' a draw to any one student, and she firmly believes that when the Force wishes her to have a Padawan, then it will provide one. She feels that there must be a connection there first. So, she studies in her various fields, improving herself with knowledge, so that if there does come a time,
she will be able to pass her knowledge on.
Hmmm. Thats all for now. Im sure I will think of more later.
Friendly neighbourhood moderator message - Ramza and I would like to remind all OOC thread users that OOC threads are not the place to socialize.
On another note:
Unless there are any objections, the time-skip should be after I finish dinner tonight.
I'll be eating dinner in about...30 or so minutes. So a couple hours maybe?