main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Return of the Forgotten Ones OOC/Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Skywalker_T-65, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    *shrug* That's what we did with Sentry way back when.

That being said, I think Becca is just busy right now. If she doesn't reply within...I don't know, a couple days I'll just move things along anyway so it doesn't hold the game up.

2. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Well...
    Perhaps I poisoned her with something that puts her in a coma until she is able to come back?

3. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Thanks for going in ten minutes from "can I move you along" to "why don't we kill her off".

Just. Whatever. Do what you want. I don't have the patience to deal with this sort of badgering. I was going to get back to posting in various RPs this week but I guess I won't bother.

4. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003

I definitely don't think you should pull out of the game, the more diverse and numerous the group of Jedi the better. Maybe an addition to the opener can be made and your character was moved back into the main group at the Temple?

5. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Whoa...wait a second here. All I said was we could do it if you wanted to. I wasn't going to do anything you didn't want to here.

Rebecca_Daniels when I said 'move it along' I meant in the 'time-skip' sense. I never kill off a character without express permission. Like I said, I figured you were busy and that's why I tagged you earlier. The last thing I want to do is drive players off.

6. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    ^this

I was totally kidding! I was having fun with you in-game. I hope I didn't offend you. :(

7. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    And he says Noro is still lightside. Behaves very much like a certain Sith in the prequels he does. :p

One of the things GMs often do in DnD tabletop when a player is absent for a session or two, is simply put the character in limbo. The character is there but does not interact and when the player returns, the GM comes up with a perfect explanation as to where the character has been, if your GM has a sense of humor, often hilarious. I had one character that often slinked off to go shag with some local if we were in town and the group found me drunk and in jail the next day, rambling about my one-night-stand.

8. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    My problem isn't being moved along in absence, that's fine, my problem is getting a tag asking if I'm going to post and the following post being a suggestion of killing off my character. That makes me angry. If it was supposed to be a joke, it was a bad one.

I have a 3 hour break later today in which to write. I have to prioritise a couple other things but I'll see if I get to this.

9. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Rebecca, Life always comes first. Do what you need to do, even if it means you can't post here. If Sky does as I suggested, your character will be here waiting for you whenever you can find the sufficient time to post.

To avoid this in the future, Sky, simply enforce a 48 HR rule. If a player doesnt respond IC for their character, put the character in limbo and move the game along. If a player gets miffed that they got left behind or wanted to post something, then its their responsibility to inform you whether they intend to post or not but DRL has gotten in the way. In that case inform them they have an additional 48 HRs to get a post up or the game moves on with their character in limbo. And if the post they wanted to do is that darn important there is such a thing called as flashbacks.

Its not fair to the GM or other players (and Im saying this in general, not to call anyone out) to make them wait on another player that isn't posting or has left a note explaining their absence. That kills games and upsets everyone.

10. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Probably a good idea. You can tell I'm still new at this...

11. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Perhaps you should calm down a bit? It is a game after all.

And btw, this is what I said.

I said if you weren't coming back and agreed to it. At that point it had been around a week since I tagged you. Instead of getting all hostile consider other people playing. My plot at this point in time relies on you.

Anyways, good idea, CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

It would help the game from lagging and irritating people.

12. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Sorry for the delay on posting. I'm hopefully getting a post up tomorrow. The last couple days have been...less than fun for me.

13. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Darth RL is nipping at yer heels? ;)

That's ok. As long as we know that you ARE coming back! :D

We'll happily wait.

14. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    What the fellow addict said ;)

15. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    ANNOUNCEMENT:

As much as I really dislike saying this, I don't think I'll be able to continue this. My free time is getting sucked dry by class and too many other writing projects, and that's only going to get worse the further along I go in my college career. I just don't see myself having the time to continue this.

Again: I am really sorry about this. I was loving how the game was going and it was fun. I just don't want to keep getting people's hopes up when I just don't have the time anymore.

16. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Well, thanks for the ride Sky Guy. I enjoyed it while it lasted and hope to see you again further down the line once your college spits you out[face_cowboy]

17. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    I hate to see it go.. But thanks for the heads up.
    Understand about real life taking up time...believe me!!
    Best to keep up with things College related...

Take care..and dont disappear totally on us now!! :D