main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Return of the Ghostbusters" Official Trailer

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by braxtanFILM, Aug 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. braxtanFILM

braxtanFILM Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Read all about it and download the version that suits you!

http://www.braxtanfilm.com/ghostbusters.html

2. TheMcguffin

TheMcguffin Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 29, 2004
    Very well done. It looks like a lot of things have improved since the days of Freddy vs. Ghostbusters. The effects were very well done and the music you used was a nice touch. By the way, that talisman looks very familiar. ;) "It belongs in a museum!"

-TheMcGuffin (after all, I'm only here to advance the story)

3. FruityTooty

FruityTooty Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2005
    I'm sure Jon is stoked you're using Hans Zimmer tunes in the trailer. ^_^

Anyway, dugg.

4. doggans

doggans Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 31, 2002
    Exciting stuff, looking forward to the film!

I think I might have bought an Executive Producer credit a while back...can't remember for sure, though. :p

5. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Very clever edit into the classic theme song, I almost didn't notice you were going from that God-awful Run DMC mix to the good stuff.

I love your containment unit too.

Acting from the evil dude is beginning to worry me though.

Is the building that the "Q" explodes off the end a famous or recognizable Denver building? I get the sense that's a joke for the locals.

Rick McCallum loves you!

6. PixelMagic

PixelMagic Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 8, 2001
    Nice effects.

7. Khalor

Khalor Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 3, 2004
    Very cool.

And the voiceover guy sounds like Lawrence Fishburne.

8. braxtanFILM

Dec 7, 2003
    Most people think the voice over is Morgan Freeman.

The Qwest building is the most hated structure in Denver, so we thought we should blow it up.

Actually, the guy playing the villain is really good. You'll see--he's a funny guy.

All in all, we've made a 80 minute fan film for about two grand.

9. BojacRedleif

BojacRedleif Jedi Master star 3

Jun 1, 2004
    Hank; I'm sorry I wasn't first to comment.

I have failed you.

It'll be funny if Columbia and Sony leave you alone but Qwest sues you.
    I'm just saying...

10. PaJedi

PaJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2005
    Nice trailer. Great poster.

11. Kaat

Kaat Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 5, 2004
    I really like that trailer (though it could have used some more or the cool Ghostbusters-song, IMO). Looks verrry cool. And the narrator's voice was very pro, too, I think.

12. braxtanFILM

Dec 7, 2003
    If anybody needs that trailer voice, he does it for $50 to $100 bucks. I can set it up for you, no problem. Heck, I'll even record the voice and make sure he pronounces stuff in a "cool, trailer voice" way. Hmmm...I should just post this ad!

As for the Zimmmer music, Jon didn't really care--he doesn't like trailers anyway.

13. Mircat

Mircat Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 3, 2005
    I can't wait to see this, if nothing less then to hear the punchline after or worse.

14. Vivli

Vivli Jedi Master star 1

Jan 8, 2004
    Wow. Looks awesome. I especially like the plot line of somebody using the Ghostbusters technology against them, it makes for a good movie plot, and fits in well. It's the sort of thing I can imagine happening in an actual version of Ghostbusters 3, making this the next best thing.

The Anubis stuff feels a little Mummyish, but I'm sure it'll work brilliantly in the final film. The tailsman is very recognisable, but that seems like just one of many homages. (I swear I saw an Aliens motion tracker in there).

It's a shame the Denver Ghostbusters seem to have changed a member, but I'd imagine that was due to the actor being unavailable, so that's forgiveable.

Freddy vs. Ghostbusters was one of my favourite fanfilms ever. I even watched it with the commentary on (although never got around to e-mailing you guys with the secret word you said at the end!). So this should be fantastic. I can't wait!

15. braxtanFILM

Dec 7, 2003
    A fan film is an homage, and I like to fill mine with as many others as I can.

I guess it may seem a bit mummyish because of the Anubis stuff...but I think it all works pretty well. I did a lot of research while writing this one. Not the greatest plot ever, but it is entertaining.

It's just so much work. I think this will be my last fan film. After that, I'm throwing in the towel.

16. D_Alexander

D_Alexander Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2004
    Are you still gonna make other films, or are you gonna quit filmmaking in general. Because that would be a shame...:(

17. Vivli

Vivli Jedi Master star 1

Jan 8, 2004
    Of course, I agree about the homages. I didn't mean to sound like I was criticising you for it. It's nice to have all those nods, for both the filmmaker and the audience.

While the Anubis stuff does send reminders of The Mummy, that was purely because that was an enjoyable film, so it stayed in people's mind. There's no reason you can't use the same figure used in those films. I was just mentioning it as something it reminded me of.

The fact you put research into it is very nice too, it'll lend the film a certain authentic feel, although I'm more intrigued by this 'using Ghostbuster technology against them' plot, which I think does sound both clever and original.

It's a great shame you're stopping fanfilm making, but it's certainly a good way to end it, and this film looks set to be a classic. After all, there's a severe limit on quality 80 minute fanfilms. I'm sure this will serve you well in the future as an example of your skill even if you don't make any more fanfilms.

18. SilverFox0440

SilverFox0440 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    Braxtan, did you mean quitting fan filmmaking or filmmaking in general?

19. braxtanFILM

Dec 7, 2003
    Don't worry, I wasn't offended at all. Just thought I'd point out that there will be other homages in the film as well--part of what makes it fun for me.

As for quitting, I mean fan films. I might do a parody here or there, but I really don't want to do short films either.

20. Vivli

Vivli Jedi Master star 1

Jan 8, 2004
    So that was an Aliens motion tracker then? Thought so!

I look forward to playing 'spot the references', I find those kind of things neat.

It would be a shame if you quit filmmaking altogether, considering your skill in it, but if you don't find it fun anymore, and aren't making money from it, then it's easy to understand why.

Still, it's a real shame, you're amazingly talented. But it looks like you're going to leave us with a brilliant film.

21. braxtanFILM

Dec 7, 2003
    Feature film, man. Features. That's the thing to do!

22. Vivli

Vivli Jedi Master star 1

Jan 8, 2004
    Ah, so we can still expect films, except they'll just not be 'fan'? Now that's awesome.

And a potential source of money too, which is always nice. Well, that's certainly something to look forward too. I'm sure you can come up with some awesome stuff.

23. Mircat

Mircat Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 3, 2005
    Well with the quality of this trailer, all I can say is, "About frikkin time." :D

24. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Looks mega! Cant wait for this, Will you be doing a DVD like you did for FvsGB? Or perphapse a combind one?

25. CTUBeaty

CTUBeaty Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2005
    As far as I know Hank is planning a DVD for this that will be distributed via torrents. He's talking about so many extras that it'll be either a double-disc set, or a dual layer DVD image. The guys have been doing some test torrents of both the FvsGB DVD ISO and also the ROTGB Trailer lately, and things are looking good.

For more information check out the BraxtanFILM.com forums...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.