main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Return of the Ghostbusters" Official Trailer

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by braxtanFILM, Aug 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Semi-DarkLord90

Semi-DarkLord90 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2004
    Is the trailer 03:03 minutes long on purpose? Or is that just a coincidence?

-Semi

2. braxtanFILM

braxtanFILM Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    I didn't do that on purpose.

Did you post that comment at 3:03pm on purpose?

3. JoeWilka

JoeWilka Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    I really enjoyed Freddy VS Ghostbusters, so naturally I'm excited to see this one as well. As for the trailer itself I thought it was oddly structured, and I thought the Pirates music was a little out of place as well. But don't get me wrong, I'm so there when this thing opens. And by "there" I mean on my computer waiting for it to download.

4. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    Sweet! I loved the first one. Its the only fanfilm I still have on my PC. And being such a huge fan of anything Ghostbusters I love getting what I can since hardly anything new comes our way. i can't wait for it.

5. BojacRedleif

BojacRedleif Jedi Master star 3

Jun 1, 2004
    I'm going to try as hard as I can to be at the premiere.

So I can punch Manvsbear in the face XP

6. CTUBeaty

CTUBeaty Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2005
    Ah FanFilms bringing people together...so sweet.

Don't get me started on Notorious ;)

7. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Looks like fun. As much as I always wanted to swing a lightsaber around as a kid, I wanted to have a proton pack just as much!

Can't wait, guys.

8. Cramer

Cramer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 18, 2004
    "Right, Judaism is like Ghostbusters, Check." ~ Main Character, Weeds.

9. CTUBeaty

Jun 28, 2005
    [nostalgia] Oh god, which did I want more as a kid, a lightsaber or a proton pack, that's a really difficult question to answer...

Probably a proton pack, didn't get into Star Wars til I was a little bit older!

[/nostalgia]

10. BojacRedleif

Jun 1, 2004
    I had both

11. CTUBeaty

Jun 28, 2005
    :_| No fair!

12. braxtanFILM

Dec 7, 2003
    That would be kind of funny.

13. BojacRedleif

Jun 1, 2004
    Bump for justice!

14. braxtanFILM

Dec 7, 2003
    Nice call on the bump, but everyone on this board interested in this project has probably seen it by now. It's not a SW film, so I don't expect much hype on a SW board.

15. JediCow

JediCow Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2005
    Hah! You would be wrong. I had yet to post (sorry I forgot) how excited I am to see this. I haven't seen Freddy Vs. Ghostbusters (mostly because I have no idea who Freddy is) but I did see the Worldeater episodes of GB:TAS you wrote, so I'm really excited to see this. The trailer looked really professionally done, though the Pirates of the Caribbean music kinda took me out of the ghostbusters mood.

16. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    ^ I know who Freddy is, though I confess I don't particularly care. Thus I can tell you that there is still enough to enjoy in "F vs GB" if you are a Ghostbusters fan to make it worth a watch.

Rick McCallum loves you!

17. RocketGirl

RocketGirl Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    I like it. The acting looks above par for a fan film, the FX are very pretty and not distracting or amateurish, the frame composition is good...theo nly thing I can really complain about is that the music is too loud (or the dialogue is too quiet); sometimes it was hard to hear people over the tunes, especially near the beginning.

Other than that, tho...very nice. I'm looking forward to this one.

18. MasterZap

MasterZap Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    Whoah!

Great stuff. Nailed the proton pack effects!!

*applause*

Gemme a ping when it's done! ;)

/Z

19. OutlawImpy

OutlawImpy Jedi Master star 2

Dec 1, 2003
    Looks awesome. I was a huge fan of FvsG. I showed it to a lot of people who thought it was pretty awesome.

I'm gonna go check out the trailer again. Can't wait to see this.

20. braxtanFILM

Dec 7, 2003
    Ha--it's so funny that people think the music is too loud on the trailer (which it may or may not be), while the complaint on FvGB was that it wasn't loud enough.

I don't know why I find that so humorous. It's a sick world.

21. RocketGirl

RocketGirl Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    The dialogue was hard to hear through the music. I don't remember the music being too quiet in FvGB, and if it had been I wouldn't have noticed; my biggest concern is always whether or not the music has become more important than the plot. Heh. And if the music drowns out the dialogue, it's become more important, and I see that as a problem. Just sayin'.

22. braxtanFILM

Dec 7, 2003
    No, I completely understand; and I appreciate all the comments and suggestions. I take a lot of comments I get on these boards into consideration when making a film...especially of the fan variety!

You guys are awesome!

23. OutlawImpy

OutlawImpy Jedi Master star 2

Dec 1, 2003
    Hank, after watching this trailer and showing it around and even watching Freddy vs Ghostbusters again, I gotta ask, how do you go about securing your locations. I'm getting ready to start photography on a film I've been working on for a while, and I was just wondering what kind of pitch you use to shoot in some of the cool places you use in your films. Do you just guerilla it a lot of the time, or do you happen to have a lot of friends that can help you get access to cool looking locations? Or are you just super charming? A little of all of these?

I've gotten cool locations in the past myself, but in those cases I was always aquainted with the person who owned or at least managed the building. Just wondering what advice you might have on this issue.

24. MasterZap

MasterZap Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    In film, DIalogue is king. Nothing may even begin to overstep dialgue, ever.

Next thing you need to learn about is riding levels and compression, and compression-based-mixing (i.e. ducking other levels gently for dialog).

And then EQ, i.e. keep the frequency spectras clear of eachother. Especially, music in film tends to have a lot of midrange ducked to leave that for dialogue and effects, giving movie-music that smooth "smiley face" EQ sound.

/Z

25. braxtanFILM

Dec 7, 2003
    SOUND:
    Well fortunately, I'm not the sound editor on the actual movie. Also, the sound levels are fine on my computer, and any tv I've watched it on. In addtion, the dialogue has been mixed using dynamic audio editing, and nearly every line maxes out at -3db. However, it's very difficult to mix audio for internet showings as the variation in setup from computer to computer is great. The worst part is, my sorenson codec is all screwy. I haven't been able to compress properly, so that's something I've got to figure out.

I do have a guy in mind to help me with the audio editing and mixing for the final film, but if anyone here is interested in helping in that department, I welcome your help. Especially if anyone here is interested in sound effects design.

LOCATIONS:
    As for finding locations, first off I'm in Denver, so nobody tries to get any money out of us. If you shoot a film in LA or New York, the location will want money. In Denver, people think it's cool to help out on a movie, so most of the time you can use a location for free. If not, we guerilla it. In the case of the ecto chase sequence, we filmed downtown between 2am and 5am so it wasn't too much of an issue. We also contacted the police department to let them know what we were doing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.