main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Return of the Jedi: Ewoks?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Darth_Zunich, Apr 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Zunich

Darth_Zunich Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2003
    I have heard it one thousand times, "Dude, what was with those furry teddy bears in Jedi?" I want to know what other people think of thowsse pesky Ewoks. I think that they are little feirce munchkans. But, hey, they're cool, I guess.

2. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    I've never had a problem with the Ewoks. I really don't see how they can ruin someone's viewing experience of ROTJ as some claim.

3. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    They're kinda more like bear cubs.
    And try going up to one of those and giving it a kick. Good luck finding your kneecaps after :p

Plus, Ewoks have pretty freaky eyes when you look at them...

4. Tracer_Bullet

Tracer_Bullet Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    Well, I'm not too fond of the Ewoks. I don't mind the Ewoks themselves, but it does strike me as being a tad unrealistic that these over-sized teddy bears could defeat a band of Imperial stormtroopers. Lucas should have at least made them look a little more mobile and athletic, and not so slow and clumsy.

5. Attack_of_the_Ewoks

Attack_of_the_Ewoks Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 8, 2003
    I don't mind the Ewoks themselves, but it does strike me as being a tad unrealistic that these over-sized teddy bears could defeat a band of Imperial stormtroopers.

[face_shocked] THE EWOKS RULE! Of course they could've defeated the stormtroopers!! Didn't you see their traps for the AT-STs? All they had to do was drop a few logs on those Imperial goons to knock em down. :)

Lucas should have at least made them look a little more mobile and athletic, and not so slow and clumsy.

Did u see them on their hangliders? That's pretty mobile. And they also swing on vines, which is athletic. The only clumsy Ewok was wicket.

6. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I have never minded the Ewoks, in fact I kinda like them.

In a SW Tales issue there was a comic of just how ferocious the Ewoks were. It's great!

7. Attack_of_the_Ewoks

Mar 8, 2003
    Im sure the Ewoks beat the stormtroopers to a bloody pulp and stabbed them and the like. But it would be simply innapropriate for the film. Anyway, how else do you think they got those Imperial helmets for the drum solo and the end of the film? 8-}

8. Kizakh

Kizakh Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    Ewoks rock, gang! Yeah!

It's just another way of showing the Emperor's overconfidence, having his "elite" army get spanked by some primitive midgets with rocks.

Yub yub!

9. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    but it does strike me as being a tad unrealistic that these over-sized teddy bears could defeat a band of Imperial stormtroopers

But that was Lucas's point, to show that this little furry "teddy bears," who look completely harmless and are lacking modern technology, are actually fierce little warriors who could help topple the Empire.

Just like how in ESB the Rebels used simply a long, thick length of cable to bring down the enormous AT-ATs.

10. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Plus, having the use of a forest-full of giant redwoods can really help out.

11. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I never had a problem with the Ewoks. I think it's better than a planet full of Wookiees.

12. ratmankey

ratmankey Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    I like the Ewoks. The only thing that bugs me about them is their incessant monkey-like hooting.

13. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    People seem to just enjoy nitpicking anything other than Empire and the original. ;)

Ewoks were fine, and they didn't defeat the stormtroopers on their own, they used tricks, traps and weapons instaed of brawn, and they also had 20-30 Rebels with guns on their side. It's perfectly realistic a technologically and physically inept creature like the Ewok could win with that support on home turf.

14. Star_Gazing_Girl

Star_Gazing_Girl Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2002
    I think the Ewoks are cute! I used to be scared of them when I was little, though. When I was seven I went to a sleep over, and my friend who was hosting it had this life-size Ewok doll. I was really short, so the Ewok was a little taller than me. It was freaky. Then, in the middle of the night, someone got up and somehow pushed it over so that it fell on top of me. Waking up and having this huge furry thing on me kind of tramatized me for a while.

15. Attack_of_the_Ewoks

Mar 8, 2003
    Ewoks own Star Tours.

16. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    People seem to just enjoy nitpicking anything other than Empire and the original.

The original isn't safe either. [face_plain]

Anyway, Ewoks... I coulda done with maybe three-four minutes less of them, but overall they were fine.

Rick McCallum loves you!

17. doggans

doggans Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 31, 2002
    but it does strike me as being a tad unrealistic that these over-sized teddy bears could defeat a band of Imperial stormtroopers.

Ever see the fanfilm "The Invisible Enemy"?

18. DARTH-PLONKER

DARTH-PLONKER Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 23, 2003
    People complain about them like Jar Jar in Episode I. They were cool, they could actually beat up enemies other than by accident, they didn't constantly get in the way or make annoying comments and they were actually cute.

19. Attack_of_the_Ewoks

Mar 8, 2003
    that's right! :D Ewoks could take out the Gungans anyday.

20. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    I think the ewoks are great. Yub yub feel the love.

21. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    I've always loved the Ewoks. I love ROTJ and the Ewok movies. I've never understood the bashing of them either.

Anybody that understands SW knows that the Ewoks were used as a recurring theme that's in all of the movies. They were used to show how the underdog/human spirit can overcome high-tech weaponary.

TPM- Anakin blows-up the TF ship with a small fighter and force skills.
    ANH- Luke blows-up the DS with a small fighter and force skills.

The Ewoks are cool.

22. Attack_of_the_Ewoks

Mar 8, 2003
    yeah the Ewoks got to dress up Leia.... 8-}

23. Kizakh

Kizakh Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    Lucky midget primitives... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.