main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Return of the Jedi

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by J-Solo, Dec 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEDI_MASTER_MARIANA

JEDI_MASTER_MARIANA Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 30, 2003
    I do think that GL paid homage to RJTolkien in RTOJ and I would be damn touched if that was the case!

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!

:cool: Mariana :cool:

2. DARTHVAL

DARTHVAL Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002
    MeBeJedi, Here you go....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/films/2001/07/27/return_of_the_jedi_1983_review.shtml

Reviewer's Rating User Rating
    Return of the Jedi (1983)
    Reviewed by Nick Cramp
    Updated 27 July 2001

"Return of the Jedi" (originally called "Revenge of the Jedi" before creator George Lucas decided that revenge was not Jedi-like) completes the initial Star Wars film trilogy.

Even though it didnt state about a kid telling him that; but, it clearly states that Lucas changed it (the title) because revenge wasn't Jedi-like!

3. J-Solo

J-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 1999
    And since we already discussed LOTR here and that terrified some of the closed minded fans, another trivia:

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kan was going to be titled The Revenge of Kan. But since George Lucas was going to name his film Revenge of the Jedi (or was making everybody believe that), Trek producers changed the name of the film to "The Wrath of Kan".

So now we're mixing Star Trek (oh, the sacrilege!) into this pot too. ;)

ps: btw, I love Star Trek (classic and next generation characters) too. Must be the most open minded Star Wars fan in ages... :)

4. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    " MeBeJedi, I read the article with my own eyes. Why would GL lie in an article?"

You tell me....
    George Lucas: "By the time we got down to doing the third film, we'd had so many difficulties with people trying to report stuff with the media and the press and everything that we called the film "Revenge of the Jedi" to throw people off. The title was always intended to be "Return of the Jedi", but we made the film under the code name "Revenge of the Jedi". Unfortunately, what happened is Fox started promoting the film before we could tell them not to use the title. We were lucky that they didn't start promoting the film under the title "Blue Harvest", because we were also using that as a bogus title." - The Annotated Screenplays

BTW, keep in mind that your article does not have a single direct quote from Lucas, whereas the A-S is a direct quote.

Something to ponder. ;)

5. alpha_red

alpha_red Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 24, 2003
    Thank you, MeBeJedi, for reading things I never said or even implied into my words.

6. MeBeJedi

May 30, 2002
    Not a problem. Sometimes a "true fan" has got to stick to his guns and do what he wants. :)

7. DARTHVAL

Sep 7, 2002
    Hey, just going by what I read and by the sources.....http://videoeta.com/news/1541
    By the way, here is a website that shows a trailer of Revenge of the Jedi..

http://www.jedihaven.com/cinema_rotj.htm

8. MeBeJedi

May 30, 2002
    "Hey, just going by what I read and by the sources."

I know. :) Believe me, it's not the first time I've played the "dueling sources" game. ;)

BTW, it's from the "Annotated Screenplays". You will probably have to buy the book, since I don't know any sites that have it typed up. That being said, here is a site with the novelizations. :D

9. DARTHVAL

Sep 7, 2002
    Thanks!

10. MeBeJedi

May 30, 2002
    "here is a website that shows a trailer of Revenge of the Jedi.."

I have it on laserdisc. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.