Return of the King Complete Recordings

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Steven_R, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Darth_Nub
  1. Steven_R Jedi Knight

star 1
    Is it already out of print? I can't find it anywhere except on the secondary market.
  2. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    I would say that because one can order the FOTR and TTT CR releases on Amazon, that more ROTK ones will be printed.
  3. Cerrabore Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, Return of the King has mysteriously gone out of print. Doug Adams is trying to rectify the situation right now.
  4. Steven_R Jedi Knight

star 1
    Is there any idea if/when it will go back into print?
  5. Endor_Commando Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    I finally managed to win a bid for this set.
    I had given up hope of ever getting this release as the prices have been obscene.
    My complete recordings sets are now.....complete.

Hope you all have luck in tracking this release down.
  6. Cerrabore Jedi Master

star 4
    It's back in stock at Amazon and other major retailers now.
  7. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    If you haven't gotten this already, you could buy all 3 OT:SE soundtracks for about half as much money, and get better music in the deal. :p
  8. Cerrabore Jedi Master

star 4
    You say that as if there's a single member of this board who doesn't already own those releases. ;)
  9. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Well, looks like it's time for you to say guh again.

I don't, and probably never will.
  10. Cerrabore Jedi Master

star 4
    ... You never cease to confuse me.
  11. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    It's one of my more endearing traits. :p

I'm just not a very big fan of the way LOTR was/is marketed in general, actually. People complain about the OT:SEs, (obviously :p) but the additions to those are mostly fairly minor effects tweaks, not giant chunks of plotline/characterization that should've been in the theatrical release as opposed to mindless action sequences.

But nah, they'll just sell you those at a higher price after you've already unloaded money on theatrical-cut VHS/DVDs editions.

And frankly, nothing particularly sticks in my head from any of the soundtracks. It's not even weird, like the BHD soundtrack-it's just general actiony-epic music to me.

12. Darth_Vader-Anakin Jedi Master

star 3
    One of the reasons I'm glad I have the original releases is that some of the mixing on the complete recordings is not always for the better IMO. For example, the ethnic flute (?) in "The Road Goes Ever On, Part One" is mixed down quite a bit in comparison to the original release, so I just edited that 30 seconds or so to put back the original mix. There are also other instances where the choir has been mixed up or down which I don't care for and have fixed if the piece was included on the OST.
  13. Cerrabore Jedi Master

star 4
    I fixed up the end credits on TTT and RotK to get rid of the tracked music. What a listening experience killer. I don't like the way FotR is done at all, but there doesn't seem to be any tracked music, so I'm stuck. For now, I just listen to the album version. Hopefully Doug Adams' new book and bonus CD will clear it all up.

Oh! I was referring to the OT SEs when I said that everyone here has them, not LotR.
  14. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Ahh, ok. Yeah, those are fine to buy as far as I'm concerned.

Now, if we could just could've gotten OT:SE novelizations... :p
Moderators: Darth_Nub
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.