main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Return of the King Special Edition

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by skyedancer, Dec 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skyedancer

skyedancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2002
    We will probably want to discuss this DVD set sooner or later so let's get started. :) Who's planning on buying it and what is the one thing you are most looking forward to seeing in the additional footage?
    Of course, I'm buying it--even if I have to get a second job. I most want to see the additional footage of Eowyn and Faramir [face_love].

2. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I'm gonna pick it up as well, considering I have the Extended Editions of both FOTR and TTT. I really don't know what all was cut, but I thought I read something about Gandalf fighting the head Ringwraith and his staff is broken during the scuffle. That ought to be cool. I also heard that the scenes with Bruce Spence, THE MAN FOR GETTING INTO ALL THREE SAGAS OF CINEMA'S HOLY TRINITY, (Star Wars: Episode III, The Matrix: Revolutions, and Lord of the Rings: Return of the King) as the "Mouth of Sauron" are reincorporated into the Extended Edition. Plus I'm sure PJ will include more Eowyn and Arwen footage... which is always a bonus in my book. ;)

3. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I have the EEs of the other two, so I'm definately getting the EE of this one. Don't really know what's new, though, besides Sarumon, or whatever his name is.

4. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Ok, I'm too lazy to look...when's this coming out? I know my parents will pick it up. I just own the regular versions myself, but I imagine I'll trade them in for the extended versions at some point.

5. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Em is already leaving hints that she wants ROTK SE for X-Mas.

I haven't had the chance to pick up ANY of the LOTR DVDs, fortunatly...I've been able to watch her's whenever I wanted to.

Mouth of Sauron...that must be the "new figure" in the "Black Gates of Mordor" gift set! (that I never saw in ROTK)

6. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I don't know either what is all on it, but I do want it, since I have the other two EE.

Roseanna, it's coming out on December 14th (which means I'll have it for the meeting/party. (I also have the other SW DVDs that came out a week or so ago. ;))

7. Drador

Drador Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2004
    Hello, Im New to the boards, i Live in Akron!

My wife works at blockbuster so i got to see it a couple of days ago, and the Mouth of Sauron is very awesome!

8. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Well, I watched most of the movie today... I say most because I was up late last night studying for my cell biology final and I fell asleep for some stuff on the second disc (like the Mouth of Sauron). However, I must say that I loved seeing Sarumon's death scene, and my favorite addition was Gimli blowing away the ghosts of the mountain men... that was freaking hysterical!

9. Drador

Drador Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2004
    Yeah you need to see the Mouth of Sauron is awesome! you have to go back and watch that. the Part with Gimli was so funny!

10. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Drador, welcome to the TFN board...make yourself at home!

If ROTK is anything like the previous 2 LOTR EE DVDs, I'm sure it's gonig to be HOURS of good stuff to watch!

11. skyedancer

Sep 26, 2002
    I watched about 45 minutes of it and can't wait to find the time to watch the rest. Of course, I went right to the Eowyn-Faramir scene. [face_love] It was great but entirely too short! :( Can't wait to see the Mouth of Sauron that you all are describing. Wish they had stayed with Tolkien's version of Saruman's ultimate fate but that would have made the movie probably another hour longer!

12. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I got to see the ENTIRE movie (thanks to my best history/LOTR fan teacher)! Well I must say the added scenes just rock!! The beginning with Saurman is so awesome!!! The way he dies rocks! The part with Gimli and Legolas getting drunk was the best! Faramir and Ewoyn was so cute but sooooooo short! I want that song thought. The ghost and bones at the end of disc one was also greatness! Seeing who Eomer was crying for was so sweet! But the best had to be Aragorn at the gate of Mordor with the Samuari move and that whole added part was great! The Frodo and Sam orc fight was hilarious!

Then again I spent two days of two hours after school watching this movie start to finish, GREATNESS!!

13. skyedancer

Sep 26, 2002
    Emily, I finally got to watch the rest of it also and now I'm glad I gave myself this Christmas present. I was glad to see the extra battle scenes. That whole sequence seemed less chopped up. :cool: Now the viewer can understand where Aragorn got the corsair ships and why Saruman's palantir was floating around in the water at Isengard. Of course, I loved the two Faramir and Eowyn scenes. [face_love] And I liked that song as well. I read somewhere that it is Liv Tyler singing that song. Does anyone know: Does the extended edition have its own soundtrack? :confused: I'm watching it a second time--but in small doses since I have stuff to still accomplish before Christmas. :(

14. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Yeah, I've heard all the play-by-play of all the ROTK SE changes when Em comes home from school. Must be nice having cool teachers who show GOOD movies around Christmas time (grrrrr)

15. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I haven't heard anything about a new soundtrack for the SE...but that would be great if they did!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.