main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Return of the King

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by Jedi_Master_Kel, Dec 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    I have now been blown-away twice in my life when it comes to movies. I'm talking about take your breathe away kind-of films. My first was Star Wars when I was 5 years old and it has always had a special place in my heart. My second now has to be the Return of the King. I have read the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings series at least 8 times each. It is one my favorite series of books. There are very few films out there that can be considered great and fewer still can claim the title of perfect. Well, this one is perfect (sure, it doesn't follow the book exactly, what movie does? Plus it would be 10 hours if it did) The cinematography (sp?) was great. Sean Austin's performance was outstanding and Peter Jackson and the film itself is Oscar winning material. In the last decade, how many times have you gone to a movie and heard people laugh, cry, and clap, all in the same movie? I went to the 7pm showing last night and the movie got a standing ovation. I will watch this movie on the big screen several more times. Don't wait for it to come out to video, see it on the big screen.

I wish you all health and prosperity in the coming year and hope and love throughout your lives.

Merry Christmas,

Jedi Master Kel
    (The Fixer)

2. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I still haven't seen it. Hopefully right after Christmas, my wife and I will get to check it out. I'm really looking forward to it!

JMK - Here are the steps for the Easter Eggs on TTT:EE and FOTR:EE.

TTT:EE - Gollum's Virtual Performance Acceptance Speech from the MTV Movie Awards - Insert the first DVD from the box set ? the one containing the first half of the movie. From the Main Menu go to the 'Select A Scene' submenu where you proceed to the last page of these scene selections. Now highlight the 'Of Herbs And Stewed Rabbit' menu entry and press the 'Down' arrow key on your remote control. The One Ring will appear on the screen now and if you press 'Enter' you will see some footage of Peter Jackson congratulating you to finding this Easter Egg, followed by the clip.

FOTR:EE - Council of Elrond parody with Jack Black and Sarah Michelle Gellar from MTV Movie Awards - Insert the first disc of the set and go to the 'Scene Selections.' There select scenes '25-27' and then highlight the menu entry that says 'Council of Elrond.' Now press the 'Down' arrow key on your remote control to highlight on icon of the One Ring. Press 'enter' now and you will have the chance to see the clip.

3. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
  4. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    ROTK was so wonderful, and it certainly deserves to win best picture, but you know what movie probably will? Stupid "Cold Mountain." I read the book about 3 years ago, and I wasn't all that impressed. Maybe it's because I thought it would be more like "Gates of Fire." It wasn't, and now it's been nominated for 8 golden globes, and will probably win the academy because it's been hyped so much and because of the "Oscar WInning Cast." I hate hollywood politics. All three LOTR movies deserve best picture....and at the very least ROTK should get it!

5. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    I have to agree. ROTK has all the things that the Academy supposedly looks for in a movie. But, because it is a fantasy movie, it will probably get snubbed. The acting is first rate, the plots are tight and tied together well, and as was already said, not many movies make you laugh, cry, cheer, clap, and gasp in awe or fright...all within a space of a few minutes.

ROTK is a work of art, as is the whole LOTR trilogy. It is a world I love to get lost in for a few hours now and then. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.