main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Return of the King

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Jayna, Dec 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    So...

What'd you all think?

Aside from it seeming to be way longer than TTT, I thought it was most excellent. It was really nice to see the trilogy draw to a close the way it did. I thought they did a good job on it, although from what I hear, they left some major chunks of the book out.

2. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    It was so cool. Nad they did. There is a war in The Shire when the hobbits get back and they didn't tell what happenedto the rest of the hobbits after Frodo left (or why Frodo left). But other than that, it was awsome and I can't wait for the extened version to come out.

3. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Having read the book, I thought this one was somewhat lacking. I think I am the only person that didn't really think the battle of Minas Tirith was all that spectacular. It seemed like way too much of a CG fest, much like the latter Matrix movies, while lacking a lot of substance. Then again, I seem to way overanalyze these things.

Other than that, and the fact that they seriously cut the book to shreds, I though it was a good movie. The ending was great, but I hope they include the Scouring of the Shire in the Ex. Ed. to help bring out Sauruman's role.

Ooooo, and I finally broke my first bone over the break :D

4. BIGGIE

BIGGIE Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2003
    movie was great, ending was to long for me.

u have never broken a bone until now???
    u must not have gotten out much as a child.

5. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Yeah- the ending was a tad long. I remember sitting there and checking my watch and thinking, 'wow- there's still and hour and a half left of this?!?!?'.

Ooooh! Ooooh! What did you break?!? How'd you break it? Are you ok?

6. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Just remember, when you spar a guy that breaks baseball bats with his shins, you never want to toe-kick him. So yeah, right now my big right toe is about 2cm shorter than my left. It splintered the second bone when the first got shoved up. Good thing I never go climbing anymore ;)

And Dan, I've fallen off houses, got smacked by trees while riding on the side of the Falcon doing 45 through the woods, gotten smacked by all manner of Japanese weapons, fallen out of trees, gotten hit by random vehicles, etc. I just drink lots of milk :)

7. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    I was watching a special on TV the other day and Jackson said that he never liked that part of the book so he didn't even consider filming it. So it most likely won't be in the extened version. :( :_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.