main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Return of the Naberries

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Obi-Ewan, Sep 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Ewan

Obi-Ewan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 24, 2000
    After seeing the Episode II DVD and the scenes with Padme's family, I had two reactions. First, I could never understand how these scenes would add to the love story. Second, I understood why they were cut, or so I thought: adding new characters at this point who were related to a central character means more loose ends to wrap up in Episode III. After all, these characters are Luke's grandparents, aunt, and cousins. But now they're back for Episode III, although it is late in the game. But personally, I would bet that their scenes are vulnerable when it comes to editing time.

2. Wald Balfed Your Mother

Wald Balfed Your Mother Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 31, 2000
    Hopefully they'll end up in the deleted scenes section of the Episode III DVD. Their scenes from AOTC were terrible, I'd hate to see valuable screen time wasted on them.

3. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    I agree. They weren't necessary before, they sure aren't now.

4. Darth_Goofy

Darth_Goofy Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2001
    Wow, I completely disagree! I thought they made Padme a tad more 3-dimensional, and was disappointed that they were cut in AOTC. It'll be interesting to see how they fit into Ep 3, but I'm looking forward to it.

5. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    I thought that those scenes were pretty good and did help develop the romance aspect of the story, by showing that Padmé was starting to have feelings for Anakin. Even though I like these parts, I do understand why they were cut.

As for what these characters could do in Episode III... Perhaps Padmé returns home after Anakin's "death", maybe they play some part in hiding the children. It would also makes since, logically, that if she was afraid for her life and her children that she would also fear for the rest of her family, and might send them into hiding as well. Although, since the characters are not in any of the previous films, that would not make much since from a storytelling perspective. Or maybe their scenes will be cut again and only be seen on the DVD.

6. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    I don't think their scenes on the DVD were great but they were okay. However I do think they ended up on the cutting room floor for a reason. For that very reason I don't think they will end up in the theatrical version of Ep. III either.

7. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess and Champion star 4 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    Maybe they'll die. *shudders* You've got to wonder what happened to Naboo after all.

8. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Naboo probably goes on existing like every other planet in the Republic.

9. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess and Champion star 4 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    Perhaps.

But then again, perhaps not. [face_devil]

Lol!

10. MyEternalRest

MyEternalRest Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 24, 2002
    I like the idea of the family scene and the bedroom scene being put back in to AOTC maybe in the AE. It is so signifigant to me, it shows how contrasting Padme's life is with Anakin's. I mean we see Ani's home, why not Padme's?

And the bedroom scene introduces the very very vital ideal that those who cannot adapt die. That is what Anakin's problem was and I feel would give alot to both characters as well as the story.

11. Forja-Bingbey

Forja-Bingbey Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2002
    I like the idea. It sounds like an idea that I would like. Sid Hoffman or, Sid Frenchman?

12. lightsaber_wielder

lightsaber_wielder Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2002
    I was very interested when I saw that the Naberries would be making an appearance in Episode III. I'm sure that there's a reason for it this time, but it still doesn't seem logical to have them in the final cut of the film, unless Padmé is introducing her family to somebody who hasn't met them yet (possibly Obi-Wan?). It wouldn't make sense for her to be with Anakin when she sees them, as the viewers who haven't seen the AOTC DVD will be wondering who the Naberries are, and it would be stupid to have Padmé introduce Anakin to them again (unless of course George Lucas doesn't recognise deleted scenes as canon - don't discuss this here, I'm not trying to start a debate). Anyway, they're just my thoughts. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.