Return of the (Question Time) Jedi....Should I go in full robes or not?

Discussion in 'North' started by edgejedi88, Nov 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well - we Jedi must be popular...they have invited me to their Hartlepool Question Time event tomorrow night.....should be a blast....this was the last time that Spike and Dave went (previous thread)

Now the question is -

1. Should I go in robes and represent the Jedi community (risking being thrown out for breaching their smart casual dress code!)

or

2. Go casual and ultra subversive and just stand up in the middle of it shouting 'No to Order 66 you Tory scum!'?

Look out for me on TV!
  2. Whim_of_the_Whills Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hmm, if you go as 1, they might confuse you for one of those Jedi religion people. That would be a shame :(

However, 2 would certainly get you better TV coverage, especially if you sneak in some purple dyed tea bags :p Might even give you a few days in the news with one day as being the headline ahead of Iraq and Heather Mills.
  3. darth_frared Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    wish my tv would work:_|

else i don't have a suggestion. [aragorn] all my choices seem to go amiss today. [/aragorn]
  4. Grand_General_Heath Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey Well Done Jase [face_dancing]
    Go Casual M8 A little Tip Dont carry too much rubbish in your pockets As You WILL be searched before you Entre the Studio
    Feel free to Eat The Cream cakes and drink the free drinks (water or Tea Or Coffee)

Try and think of a Normal question ! Ither something from the news or something local IE The Middlesbrough develpoment ?
    it helps with them finding Good Questions to ask !

And Finaly SIT on the front row or In the middle so we can SEE YOU [face_peace]
  5. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    I think you should go in robes mate. Just for the craic.
  6. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    Spike Thmid called me a hippy for the question I asked - but least I got my mug on TV and I also wore a Jedi shirt which was shown quite frequently! Yeeahhhhaaaaaaa! [face_dancing]
    My Jedi shirt
    [image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/edgejedi88/PDVD_002.jpg]
    Me in the crowd
    [image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/edgejedi88/PDVD_001.jpg]
    ....and me giving the polititicans hell!!! (please excuse the guy behind me who had no dress sense and an awful tie!)
    [image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/edgejedi88/PDVD_000.jpg]
  7. darth_frared Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  8. Whim_of_the_Whills Jedi Knight

star 3
    =D=

Alas, I missed it :(

What was the question?

Blimey, that tie makes me feel sick [face_sick]
  9. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    I made commentary about the 'new' idea of providing 'supernannies' to families to help support them and teach them how to be parents - I told em we dont need supernannies to fill in for parents from a nanny state - we need parents to work less hours and have a decent work/life balance so they can be with their children and do what parents should be doing (ie. not out there working from dusk till dawn for minimal wages).

So much for technology making our lives easier - give us a laptop and we just cant resist checking work emails....I know I used to....then they have you working beyond the office too....o :-(

Watch the show here
  10. Whim_of_the_Whills Jedi Knight

star 3
    lol When I finally finish working (i.e. when they hammer the last nail in my coffin), I will get round to watching it :p Seriously, I shall take a look tomorrow.

Your question was a bloody good one. Too many kids roaming the streets cos mummy and daddy can't pick them up from school. It is not a good start in life.
  11. Grand_General_Heath Jedi Knight

star 1
    I whatched it too ( Saw You look at the camra a few times )
    when the debate started about Iraq and what we should Do I turned to my chris and said Im waiting for Jase to say send the jedi In !

Also Was waiting for you to hint at different faiths (I didnt hear Jedi being said )

Mind you I counted 16 times the Camra saw you ! Lucky Sod !!!

you get any cream cakes afterwards ??

My Chris took some pics too Ill post them later on
  12. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    I had my hand up to speak in the Iraq bit and the Rupert Murdoch bits too - I had lots to say - but didnt get picked....

I took my pics from the DVD I recorded....a handy little tool eh....

I knew I should have worn my robes :mad:

Yes - just call me the Jedi Camera Pimp....but theres no way I will ever touch SpikeThmid in those stakes....I guess I am just a Padawan Pimp?
  13. spike_thmid Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, you have a long way to go to beat me & my Jedi sense for the camera my young Padawan :D

seriously, well done for doing what I couldn't - and getting to ask a question on national tele =D=

hope you had a great night !!
  14. Kiz-Joa_Janall Jedi Knight

star 2
    You didn't wear any robes! Were you nekid? Ooo-la la.
    How was Hartlepuddle? If you saw an old woman pushing around an old buggy looking for sick and injured animals then that's my granny. You could have said miaow to her and she would have let you stay round hers and eat her out of house and home, lol.
  15. Grand_General_Heath Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well Jase your Catching up to me and Master jedi Thmid all you need now is a Major part in a local Film [face_peace]
    I was waiting for David Dimbley to say Oh No NOT another one THE JEDI ARE TAKING OVER [face_dancing]
  16. Disciple-of-Tython Force Ghost

star 4
  17. VenHalcyon Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sweet man...how do you get invited to be on Question Time?

Wish i'd seen the show!
  18. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    I just registered on the Question Time website....funnily enough I registered ages ago when they showed in Stockton...but didnt get picked (but Dave and Chris did). They kept me on file and when another local one turned up they called me and asked me to go. Simple as that.

Was a blast really.

Kiz - the woman with the furry animals was sat on the panel, right? I thought she looked a bit familiar....very Imperial like....

Ah - that was Esther Rants-on!
  19. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Boy, is that the angriest bunch of men I have seen in a while. They stick the grumpies together for a reason? :p

Well done bud =D=
    Should have asked em why Jedi aren't recognised fully ;)
  20. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    My Jedi shirt was in full view on more than one occasion on the telly - a few people spotted the shirt first then figured it must be me....do I have such a reputation?

As for 'grumpy looking men' - well - us Northerners are well known for not keeping quiet and when you put a politician in front of us...well, you know....!
  21. Grand_General_Heath Jedi Knight

star 1
    Kind of makes me happy I got out of local politics when I did
    I would have hated to be on the pannel with jase asking me Questions and waving his Finger at me Off Camera :eek: [face_shame_on_you]

I know what I would be left doing and its :_| Make him stop

(why dont we do a Fun night ie Grabb a Councillor or MP and ask them Questions on stuff ! see if we can all visit
    the Houses of parliament in London )
  22. To_Mega_Therion Jedi Knight

star 3
    I find it quite cool that you were on TV.
  23. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks dude - I would recommend the whole experience. It was actually good fun, interesting, met and chatted with a lot of people off screen and one of those things that you remember for a long time.

In life I always say seize the day....
  24. Grand_General_Heath Jedi Knight

star 1
    So how about it jase you want to follow spikey and me into the film Buisness ??

I can send you a link TV and Film work always on offer !
  25. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    No thanks Dave....I'll stick to being ordinary Joe Public...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.