main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Return of the Revenge (Possible DN Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Quinnocent-Till-Sith, Oct 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quinnocent-Till-Sith

Quinnocent-Till-Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2004
    This isn't a question of whether the Sith are returning but do people think they should return in the EU post-Return of the Jedi? I of course mean a new Sith and not clones - Daarth Sidious - or rather persistant Sith stains like Exar Kun.

Considering people seem quite happy to call Jacen Solo's actions in the Dark Nest trilogy Sith-like or indeed dubbing Jacen a Sith infact, does that mean they want the Sith to return?

Should the Sith return the EU? Is it a good thing if they/one did? If they did, wouldn't that make the movies pointless?

2. Rohniss

Rohniss Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2005
    Yes, for the love of god bring back some good villans not some cheap wannabies that have populated the EU..

3. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    More Sith are Good Sith. :)

4. JediTristan

JediTristan Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Yes indeedy, I do. Why?

Because the Jedi are wasting away in atrophy post-Vong. Even during the Vong war, they suffered from a lack of moral purpose. Beings with that much power need a clearly defined purpose. Having Jedi leave and become Sith, seeing everything in black and white, would give them a purpose and also finally breach the 'council' in a way that would give it structure and instant hierarchy.

As Kreia said, Jedi are defined by conflict, however much they seek peace and knowledge.

It's a shame that jacen did not discover that and moves only for himself, though.

Man, I do sound like a kreite, don't i?

But I do think that Kreia would be welcome as an addendum to Vergere. Though Kreia was just as crazy. Maybe Kavar or Jolee Bindo would be better instead.

5. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Yeah they should bring some Good, True Sith bavk - that would teach Jacin and Ben the techniques of the Sith

6. ClonedEmperor

ClonedEmperor Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    They are... or havent you heard? The main villian in the Legacy series is Darth Lumiya, a dark lady of the sith?

7. Tramp

Tramp Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Well, her name isn't "Darth" Lumyia, it is just Lumyia Dark Lady of the Sith. She does not carry the "Darth" moniker.

8. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Dear Force Yes, oh Yes.

Yes, and as said about Lumiya we may be getting our wish.

And did i mention Yes?

To be quite honest i enjoy the troubled Good-Person-turned-Sith better than any of the current Jedi exept Luke, Kyle and Kyp, that includes Leia, Mara and Corran Horn.

Am i the only one annoyed at the way the EU tries to be 'cool' by not giving a lot of its Sith the 'Darth' title, every one of Lucas Sith is a Darth.
    Yet again the EU messess with success, though idmittedly they would have trouble with names with the pure amount of Sith we have had.
    I could be wrong though, and the EU not doing this to be 'diffrent', and if there is a solid reason for this that i agree wioth fee free to slap my wrists.

Oh, and Yes.

9. SlackJawedJedi

SlackJawedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2004
    Main reason for the lack of 'Darth' Sith names in the EU is that before 1999 it wasn't even known as a Sith name... Darth Vader was the only one named Darth. Hence we get our Exar Kun's, Lumiya's, Naga Sadow's etc. Of course, once TPM comes out, and it seems apparent that the 'Darth' moniker is in fact a running theme with Sithy types (thanks to Darth Sidious and Darth Bane), there's a bit of a scramble to get to attached to a few past lords, just so that the lineage can be established (main cases being the KOTOR Sith Lords, with a few others scattered about).

It wasn't an attempt by the EU to deviate from the films, it had just never been stated before Menace that Darth was a name given to all (or most) Sith, hence EU writers felt no need to give every single Sith Lord the title.

EDIT: Oh, right. There's a topic.

Well, I rather likes me over-powered Sith types, crushing whole worlds with their general mightyness, so sure, rock on. As the general over arching villians of the saga, it makes some sense to bring them back in some form or another... though, I'd also like some new spin put on them. Don't ask me what, I'm not that creative. It's just that Luke and co have already conquered the nastiest Sith of all time, and without some clever plot wackiness, I fear that they'll just be retreading old ground. But we'll see.

10. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    Well... there's always the worry that the reintroduction of Sith will destroy Anakins sacrifice. But then there's the fact that these could "neutered" Sith that aren't nearly as threatening thanks to the balance in the force... which would make new Sith rather boring.

I'm torn, I know that if the Sith came back at full strength it would be awesome. It just would be, but it still irkes me that it just nullifies everything the movies were about...

And I REALLY like the Sith... argh... the pain.

11. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Okay, consider my wrists slapped ;)

True, thats my only pain aswell, Anakin's sacrifice will mean even less than it did after Dark Empire, at least there i can use the excuse a insane Palpatine Clone 'thought' it was the real Palpatine...

But while i LOVE the Sith that just keeps cropping up in my mind =/

But i think i'm willing to overlook it and just enjoy more Sith for the simple fact that the EU is getting Dull without Sith.

12. Sn4tcH

Oct 22, 2004
    There was a fan theory that I really liked running around here that Palpy had denounced the Sith, and I just kind of like that idea to justify it... :)

13. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

ILLUMINATUS_JEDI Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    As long as there are Jedi, there will always be Sith.

14. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    having the sith come back could be very cool.

15. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Yeah i like good ol fashion evil I say bring on the Sith[face_devil]

16. Vong_Killer

Vong_Killer Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2001
    The Sith? mmm... maybe, but I'ld like to see something a little more original.

I myself have high hopes for Jacen's potential. He's got an evil breweing inside him that will hopefully unleash a whole new spectrum of terror. Seeing as how "Sith" is an ideal, a cult following based on a particular view of the Force, it'ld be neat to see what kind of twisted logic Jacen could apply in an attempt to start his own following of non-Jedi Force users.

17. Rohniss

Rohniss Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2005
    I dont think the Sith returning cheapens RoTJ at all.. Anakin did return balance to the force at THAT TIME.. who said Balance has to last forever.. Ive never heard GL say it.

18. Palp_Faction

Palp_Faction Force Ghost star 4

Feb 3, 2002
    NO! The Sith were destroyed. Sure, have dark-side users, but the Sith cult is extinct.

19. Kish

Kish Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2004
    Why does it have to be the Sith?

Why can't the Sith just be destroyed. Wannabe-Sith. Sure. Lumiya, is a Wannabe sith. She recieved limited teachings sure. But she is no Darth Sidious.

Persumably Palpatine gathered up most Sith Artifacts in centralized locations. Making it easier for the New Jedi Order to find and destroy them, or place them away for further study. Many Sith teachings have probably been lost.

That's not going to stop someone from finding little pieces of sith teachings and trying to emulate them though.

Maybey that will make them more dangerous. Having learned only bits and pieces of the Sith may give them incredible power, but leaving out the method of controlling it.

The Sith are dead. That's the point of the movies. Return of the Jedi is the climax of over thousands years of past history, all coming to a close once and for all.

20. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    They should come back in moose form.

They'd be mutated dark side moose, of course.

With lightsaber tusks.

That's right; I said tusks.

21. Sn4tcH

Oct 22, 2004
    Because honestly... Just saying that cheapens the whole prophecy idea. No GL never said Sith can't come back, but it just seems wrong to bring them back. Personally, Sith are what keep me in to Star Wars. I love all the prequel stuff and before that, because of my interest in the Sith. But if it means cheapening the sacrifice in ROTJ, then I can live with Dark Jedi and Wannabe-Sith.

Why does the balance have to last forever, because it makes the sacrifice important. If Sith showed back up every couple milleniums that's one thing, but 50 years after they finally destroyed them after THOUSANDS of years of existence... that's stupid and just plain wrong.

Also, I think most of people in LFL realize that, and that's why their coming out with all this KOTOR and TOTJ era type stuff. Because Sith rock, we want Sith, but for the love of the force, don't destroy Anakins death.

22. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    Yeah after thinking about it, i'm not sure how i feel about this. My knee jerk reactions is cool, more sith, but to me, gl's intent was to have the sith be vanquished by anakin. We know lumiya is out there, but just how sithly she is presently unknown.

23. Queengodess

Queengodess Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    My opinion on this completely lacks logic...but here we go.

While I HATED DE, and Palpy's return in that one, I would still love for him to come back. Partly because, well, Sith are fun. And the villains of post-ROTJ EU have been incredibly lame in general. And if Palpy comes back, what's to stop the dear Chosen One from showing up, too? *getting excited* Oh, and Dooku and Maul can come too, if they like. But that'd be weird...probably Sidious is the only Sith strong enough to actually achieve that. Pity.

Besides, I think Palpatine's been very badly treated by the EU. Reading the novels - particularly those by Zahn - Palpy was nothing but a power-hungry fool who owed his success to others and was universally hated. What happend to the genius from the prequels? *sighs* Okay, so there were no prequels when those books were written, but still, it's annoying.

24. Sn4tcH

Oct 22, 2004
    I don't mind Wannabe-Sith like Ventress and Lumiya. Just... they're not what people want either. People want full blown evil Sith crazy powerful people...

I get a "what's the point?" Kind of feeling when I hear rumors of Ventress and Lumiya. I mean, in the end, they might be a challenge, but probably not much. The Sith are dead, they died with Vader. There can be posers, but there will never another Sith.

Like I said, I can live with my KOTOR and TOTJ era Sith.

25. The2ndRest-in-Peace

The2ndRest-in-Peace Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 27, 2002
    From what I gather, Lumiya would be more of a Sith than Ventress- Asajj was just a Dark Jedi who wanted to be a Sith but she had no actual Sith knowledge, whereas Lumiya has Sith knowledge and training (not to mention having a Sith-related title bestowed upon her by an actual Sith).

As for the Sith as a whole- the Sith always return. The Sith have been destroyed 6 or 7 times over the course of SW history- usually thousands of years pass between their resurrection but sometimes it's only a few years or decades (ala TOTJ and KOTOR).

Death is but a door, time is but a window, they'll be back ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.