main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Return of the Sith Book

Discussion in 'Archive: Killeen, TX' started by Calest_DaSule, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calest_DaSule

Calest_DaSule Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2003
    Just finished reading the EPIII book and it was pretty good. If you can get past the first six or seven chapters of character description distractions (ie. This is Anakin Skywalker the most powerful Jedi of his time. This is Obi-Wan Kenobi) then it is a good read. It took me four days just to get passed that part of the book. About two days for the rest of the three hundred pages. Does anybody else feel the same way?

Paul

2. Darth_Fairacon

Darth_Fairacon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2004
    Are you talking about the Novel of the film or the film guide from Del-Rey?

The film guide on how the film was mad eis a good read as well...

It has some great scenes of Anakin in the burn suit after he falls into the lava.

:)
    Todd
    DF

3. Calest_DaSule

Calest_DaSule Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2003
    I was talking about the novelization of the movie by Matthew Stover.

4. Darth_Fairacon

Aug 24, 2004
    Ahhhhh

Nope, haven't read that one...

:)
    Todd
    DF

5. kfel33

kfel33 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Slow going, but yes I really enjoyed reading Return of the Sith and I have my ticket ready for the movie. completely interested to see if the book and movie resemable in any way? If it does I will need to bring a lot of tissues.

When I saw that Matthew Stover was the author, you knew it was bound to be good just the same as in the NJO series.

6. Tandeer

Tandeer Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2001
    Stover did an awesome job with the NJO! I can't wait to get the book and start reading it. Perhaps while I'm in line for the movie? *L*

Is there anyone else in here that has read all the books, besides me?

7. Darth_Fairacon

Aug 24, 2004
    I have the comic book for the movie!

Does that count!! <grin>

Todd
    DF

8. kfel33

May 5, 2005
    Tandeer
    I'm a late bloomer, but I started with Republic Commando Hard Contact. Great book could not put ot down. I've finished all of the NJO series now waiting for Dark Nest Trilogy. Loved Jaina's character. Was hoping for a courtship book like that of Liea. But from everything I 've read no such luck so far.

While I'm waiting for the movie I am working my way back in the Clone War series with The Cestus Deception and Shatterpoint. From the literature forum those two seem to be a good read. So far I agree.

9. Tandeer

Tandeer Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2001
    If you really like Jania's character, then you should read the Young Jedi Knight series by K.J. Anderson and his wife Rebbecca Moeseta.

I would also suggest that you go to the Del Rey site and get a list of the books in their chronological order of events. That way the stores flow one into the other.

Another good series to read is the X-Wings. There are either 8 or 9, I've lost count now. Half written by Michael Stackpole, a very nice man, and the others written by a Texas local, Aaron Alston, a real nut and friend of mine. *S*

Gee... who would guess that I work in a library?! *L*

10. kfel33

May 5, 2005
    Finally saw the movie. It was good but there were dialogues missing from the book. I'm really glad I read the book ROTS, but now it makes me wonder about the other books for the rest of the Episodes? Are there dialogues I mite have missed, more infor?

Does anyone else feel the same, a little dissappointed?
    Off to the book store:)

P.S. I saw the 9:15 show Firday, my friends in line saw stromtroopers (2), sorry I missed that. Was hoping to see you guys dressed up:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.