main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Return of the Sith (NJO speculation)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Nav Usa, Sep 26, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nav Usa

Nav Usa Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 1999
    It is implied in Ruin, and hinted in with Balance Point speculation that the Sith will return.

Will it be a hidden Sith or a Jedi gone bad?

Who will it be?

2. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    I think this speculation has been around as long as knowledge of the NJO has. I know for certian it was running when I first joined the forum way back in February. I for one have stated several times in the past that the Sith will be Jedi from the current order. In fact I'm expecting Kyp and his followers to be the new Sith order. A hidden Sith order would actually be surprising, but right now, I doubt it will appear. And yes, with mention of the Sith in Hero's Trial, not Ruin, we are likely to see them again before the NJO is over.

3. Ganner

Ganner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2000
    I believe the name 'Knightfall' alludes to this by it's very title.

4. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Yeah, I guess. But somehow that would just be too predictable. But I guess no series is complete without at least one evil force user.

5. Nav Usa

Nov 14, 1999
    I don't think a Sith will come from Kyp or any of his followers.

6. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    That would be far too predictable. I agree with Nav USA.

7. HellSpit

HellSpit Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2000
    I am 100% for the return of the sith. The galaxy has been "dull" without them so bring them back(maybe a little Corran since he touched the darkside and the fact he is cool and myabe being a sith will give him TK skillz)

8. Dev Sibwarra

Dev Sibwarra Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 1999
    Kyp's followers are smarter than that. Their problem isn't that they're bad, just that they automatically think they're always the good guys.

More than a year ago, there were theories that NJO would be about an army of Sith jumping out of the Unknown Regions. An ancient threat like the Sith could help pull the Jedi together.

I think if there is a Sith, it will be Jacen. He's confused, and he's covered in darkness on the BP cover.

Where would a Jedi learn of the Sith methods?

9. Nav Usa

Nov 14, 1999
    I hope authors will try not to be so predictable. Another Jedi going dark... I like the idea of Sith coming from the unknown Regions.

10. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Because it is predictable is exactly why it would happen. So many are saying it's too predictable so it is not gonna happen. Which can actually open up the doors. We don't expect the predictable and it slips right past our blinders. In that since, the predictable has become unpredictable.

11. Dev Sibwarra

Jun 4, 1999
    JC.N is sort of a core sample of Star Wars fans, those who devote the most time to thinking about the GFFA. Others who are just casual readers may not see the same things we do as predictable.

12. Quiwan

Quiwan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    Kyp going bad is predictable which is probably why it will happen. In life when someone starts going bad, they usualy end up going all the way. Why should it be any different in books?

Someone mentioned maybe Corran going bad. I doubt this. I think that very little-very short brush with the dark side that he had after defeating Shai wasn't enough to put him over. I think him leaving was a huge over reaction.

13. Nav Usa

Nov 14, 1999
    Semper Fi, Quiwan havn't seen you posting in awhile

Is Kyp gonna be the deciding factor?

14. Colt 45

Colt 45 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2000
    Corran is one of my favorite EU characters, and I hate to say it, but I think he is going to fall completely to the dark side, at least for a time. Anger is a strong force in him, and he can't control it. He is good, but angry. It's going to catch up with him.
    I hate Kyp and I think he is going to be one of the good guys.
    Oh, well.

15. Dev Sibwarra

Jun 4, 1999
    I don't think Corran will turn. He was in DT because Michael A. Stackpole is good at writing about him, but he's probably not a major character in the overall NJO story.

16. Nav Usa

Nov 14, 1999
    I agree, doesn't seem to me that Corran would be a very good Sith. Stackpole is just a very talented writer.

17. Quiwan

Quiwan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    I think Kyp will be the deciding factor. He'll probably turn to the dark side taking several with him to defeat the Vong. Then one of two things will happen:
    1. He'll defeat them setting up a new sith order that will have to fight the Jedi
    2. He'll start defeating them, but the Jedi will see they (the new sith order) is more dangerous than the vong and go after them and the sith will join the Vong to keep from being wiped out by Luke, Anakin and Ganner (maybe Corran.)

18. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    Somehow, my gut feeling tells me that the Sith will not be featured in the NJO.

19. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    Objectively, the Sith would not be a greater threat than the Vong. Do the Sith want to kill everyone in the galaxy over religious beliefs? No. Do the Sith want to rule the galaxy? Yes, but that's only because they can definitely do a better job than these stupid Skywalkers because they understand the importance of power and how to wield it. The dark side is a massive help in this regard. The dark side stresses logic and I believe something that Qwi-Gon had to say to Anakin hits this point home: "Don't think; feel!"

Under Luke, the Jedi will be hopelessly ineffective because he's just become too much of a pacifist, but I know something that would ignite a fire under him: let the Vong capture Mara, Leia, Han or their brats and Luke will spring into action without a second thought. Then he will do what needs to be done because he has turned into a pacifist who will only use his power for selfish reasons. Does he care about all the people in the clutches of the Vong? Not very much. Does he care about curing his dying wife? You bet he does.

Luke's sense of proportinality has gone bonkers.

Someone needs to do what must be done and if Luke doesn't . . . it'll be up to Lord Durron and his adherents.

20. Maul Brady

Maul Brady Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 1999
    "Leia, Han or their brats "
    heheh BRATS...hehehh

Well... I hope the Sith return. I mean, all the NJO can't be about the Vong. They'll get tiring and boring, unless some major people start dying.

Anyone else agrees that Corran should go a la Han in Hero's Trial and start getting mad at the Rebellion? I don't mean Dark Side, but he should help the Jedi cause incognito...but ina Corellian way ;)

I love Corran. He's a hottie. Heal Mara already darn it! :)

21. Colt 45

Colt 45 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2000
    I don't think the Sith will return, but dark Jedi? Count on it. And while I don't think it will be Kyp (too easy), if he did we may have a resurgance of the Sith.

22. Nav Usa

Nov 14, 1999
    Could NJO be setting up another story arc....A new Sith War.

23. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    Its either that or we're going to see Pellaeon make a final throw of the dice for the Empire and do the best he can to swallow-up a beat-up NR.

Or even better . . . see both of these happen, since Pellaeon is going to need qualified people to deal with the Jedi who survive in the battle against the Vong.

But I definitely wouldn't want to still see the Vong being a considerable threat in the GFFA.

24. DarkJediMe

DarkJediMe Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2000
    If the Sith return, I doubt it will be in NJO. But we may see Dark Jedi, no we BETTER see Dark Jedi, they will add more flavor to the story and trap the Jedi by fighting the Vong and themselves, but they probably wouldn't last all that long. The Sith would probably return after the war with the Vong. It would be cool to see Kyp (whom I don't think will turn to the Dark Side), do something with his followers that causes them to turn and start their own Sith or Dark Jedi order. Then he would feel responsible and be the one to have to attempt to destroy the Sith. I hope that even if the Sith are in a long arc like NJO, that they survive at the end, nearly destroyed, but just strong enough to be able to rebuild the order over several decades. I am all for the return of the Sith, but if Del Rey can't do it right then they should just start a new Dark Jedi sect. Who do you think would end up leading the new Sith, I doubt Kyp or Corran, so probably Wurth Skidder as the master (though someone would need to instuct him first0 with one of the Skywalkers as the apprentice. I hope that when Skywalkers are numerous that there will be one that turns permanently.

25. Luckster

Luckster Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2000
    Have any of you found Kyp's motivation to be utterly crazy?

After the JA trilogy and him killing a few billion folks with the sun crusher he seemed to be pretty remorseful. jump ahead 10 years or so and all of a sudden he's a cocky, sort of belligerant punk.

Where'd that come from?

Lucky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.