main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Return of the snippet thread: post bits of your stories here!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jemmiah, Aug 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snow-Ghost-of-Hoth

Snow-Ghost-of-Hoth Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2002
    ... Luke ... help me ...

2. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    From Crushed. Coming soon!

As they sat down to their simple meal of soup and bread, Obi-Wan caught Qui-Gon looking at him with an odd expression on his face, one that he couldn?t classify immediately. Remembering their earlier conversation and the unusual sternness in his master?s voice, Obi-Wan asked, ?Master, are you angry with me because I have a crush on Phar??

"No, Obi-Wan. A crush is perfectly natural thing and I expected it to happen to you sooner or later.? Qui-Gon stopped and regarded him with a small smile. ?Actually, I was surprised when you didn?t develop feelings for Princess Fabafabia.?

Obi-Wan tried to remember Princess Fabafabia, but saw only Phar?s face. After a moment, he quickly changed the subject. ?Did you ever have a crush on someone??

"Oh, yes,? Qui-Gon admitted, to Obi-Wan?s utter and total surprise. ?Twice.?

"Twice?? Obi-Wan echoed. ?What did you do? What happened??

"Nothing.? Qui-Gon looked amused for a moment at Obi-Wan?s obvious disappointment, then added more sternly, ?We Jedi are allowed to have feelings. But we cannot allow them to rule us, and in many cases, we cannot act upon them at all. You must overcome this crush and not let it interfere with your training. I know it?s difficult, but I also know that you are capable of learning to control your thoughts and your emotions and not wallow in them.?

Obi-Wan nodded to acknowledge this wisdom, then paused, and finally got up the courage to ask, ?Master, do you like Phar??

"Whether I like her or not is immaterial, Obi-Wan. I am concerned for you, that?s all. I am unhappy when you let yourself get distracted during meditation, for instance. A Jedi cannot afford to voluntarily interrupt his connection to the Force like that.?

"Yes, master,? Obi-Wan replied, feeling grateful that Qui-Gon had not been there to see how he?d let himself get distracted during the match with Dyarbin. His master would be radiating disapproval if he?d seen even that tiny lapse in concentration, even though it was mostly Dyarbin?s fault for being so boring and not being able to challenge Obi-Wan enough.

3. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    This is a bit from my story 'Death is just the Beginning' (link in my sig)
    its about Anakin's after-death experiences.
    This is just a random snippet.
    ~@~@~@~
    Anakin opened his eyes slowly. The first thing he saw was light. Pure, white light, shining brightly at him in the form of a young woman. The light extended a hand to him.
    ?Up,? she said softly.
    Anakin waved her hand away and got himself up, never moving his eyes away her.
    The shining figure?s lips curved slightly into a slow smile.
    ?There is no need to fear me,? she said quietly.
    ?Who are you?? Anakin demanded.
    ?I am Daeya.?
    ?Daeya??
    ?Daeya.?
    Anakin?s lips thinned. ?That doesn?t explain one bit about why I am here. Or how I know you are not a threat. So explain why I can trust you not to kill me when I let my guard down??
    Daeya threw her head back and laughed. ?Oh, Anakin.? Her huge blue eyes glowed with merriment. Merriment, and her peculiar incandescence.
    ?I cannot kill you in a million years, Anakin. Because you are already dead.?

~@~@~@~
    'nuther bit
    ~@~@~@~

Daeya sighed and gestured vaguely to one side. ?If it has settled down as I predicted, then we can go to a more comfortable place to discuss this??
    Anakin could not see what she saw, but it was enough to make her lose her composure and stiffen slightly. If it were not for his Force training he doubted he would have noticed the slight tightening of her jaw, the paling of her face.
    He sat there silently while Daeya?s eyes flickered over the darkness, looking through it at what he presumed was the battle in which he had died.
    That was the thing, Anakin decided. When Daeya had told him he hadn?t given it any thought, but now? what could he do when he was dead? He presumed that there was another world beyond this shadow they were sitting in, but what was there? What could he do?
    And what of the people he had left behind? His parents? His siblings? Tahiri?
    What of Tahiri?
    What did she mean to him?

~@~@~

4. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Just giving this an upward booting! :)

5. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    I doubt anyone will read this, but here is the first post of my story Tainted Child sorry it's long.

Obi-Wan crept down the long, wide hallway. The darkened palace was large, and had few servants; he would not be seen. The darkness of night surrounded the palace, making any sound echo, and the silence seem smothering. The meeting of his brown leather boots with the black marble made no sound. Obi-Wan found himself drawn to the dark beauty of the palace, the way the darkness seemed to be almost hidden in majestic, beautiful lines.

Fitting for a Sith.

But Ana ? no, I must not think of him as that, it has been years ? Vader, he is not here, Obi-Wan thought. Had he been, Obi-Wan knew, he would, at this very moment, be facing the dark, armored monstrosity. Though perhaps Obi-Wan would have been able to disguise his presence, the ripples his being here created in the Force. But it was better that there was no risk. Obi-Wan was not here for Vader.

He was here for information. Deep within the residence of Darth Vader was a computer system that had much of the information the Rebellion against Palpatine needed ? locations of weapons, ships, food ? and prisoners. Not that there would be that many of those. And, the thought just a hope in the back of Obi-Wan?s mind, perhaps some of the plans the Sith have for the future.

Obi-Wan had agreed to go on the mission for a simple reason ? he was closest. By the time another Jedi could arrive, Vader could be back. And only a Jedi could get through Vader?s defenses, even designed as they were for such an eventuality. It was no wonder that Vader?s security would be so good, so carefully constructed to catch a Jedi Knight. He had killed many Jedi; they were his enemy, though of course the Jedi were in hiding, now. Doing hit and run attacks with the rest of the Rebellion.

Sighing, Obi-Wan pulled his black ? to fit in the background, he reminded himself ? cloak around himself even tighter. His normal Jedi clothing remained unchanged underneath it. Did Vader have to keep it so cold? Probably didn?t notice, in that armor, Obi-Wan decided.

The layout of the palace was simple enough. It was a circle, with layers going from the perimeter to the very core, the core being the most protected, and the most secure. The core was where Obi-Wan wanted to go, and it was also the place he knew the least information about. He knew it existed, and he knew how to get past the defense around it, nothing more. It was dangerous, that lack of knowledge, but the core held the information he needed.

Obi-Wan moved quickly. Vader wasn?t here, but that didn?t mean Obi-Wan was in no danger of being caught. He slipped past locks with ease, finding it ironic that a Jedi would be so proficient in picking locks. He made it past laser walls ? reminiscent of Naboo, and Obi-Wan had to wonder if that was on purpose ? and devious traps. All expected, all planned for.

But when he broached the final layer of defense, that was when he found something he had never expected to find.

Rooms. Not just any rooms, but nicely decorated rooms. He could have sworn the place he was in was a living room. Comfortable couches, nice carpeting, wooden walls, children?s toys ?

Children?s toys?

Truly astonished now, knowing his time was running out but his curiosity getting the better of him, he went exploring. It was a comfortable looking home, complete with a dining room, and what appeared to be a kitchen, the pleasant ordinariness of it all marred only by the fact that there were no windows. There wouldn?t be, not in the middle of the palace. But there were large viewscreens on the walls ? perhaps they served the same purpose?

Moving beyond the living room, he found himself in a hallway. There were three rooms branching off from it, all the doors closed. Slowly, unable to help himself, Obi-Wan approached the first one. He stared at the oak wood for a long second. Then he slowly opened the door.

Immediately

6. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    This is from the Power of the Darkside. Its post AOTC AU. The link is in my sig.

2 Hours Post Arena Battle?.

Anakin Skywalker sat in the middle of the battle arena on the rimworld Geonosis. Though droid parts surrounded him he paid them no mind, which was very out of character for him. Days earlier his master Obi-Wan Kenobi had disappeared while on a mission for the Jedi Council. Anakin sat among the droid parts in deep concentration. He and Senator Padme Amidala had risked their lives to try and save Kenobi, but once they found Geonosis, there was no sign of Kenobi. Count Dooku had claimed not to have seen the Jedi Master. Anakin paused as the thought of Dooku put a scowl on his face. Using the Force he calmed himself as he continued to try to find his Master. Dooku had caused many problems for the young padawan. First he sentenced Anakin and Padme to their deaths in the arena. Luckily, the Jedi had intervened and saved the lives of the two. As he thought, Anakin realized he never feared for his own life, only that of Padme. He shrugged his shoulders, that was something to worry about at a later time. Right now Anakin?s first priority was finding Obi-Wan, he knew Padme would always be there for him. He calmed himself much like Obi-Wan had taught him and fell into the Force.

Standing across the courtyard Jedi Master Mace Windu watched the young padawan concentrate. No Mace corrected himself, the young Jedi Knight. Mace had come to believe the boy had done more than the trials would have required of him. The boy had held his own against Count Dooku. Mace looked out at Anakin again, watching as the sun beat down on him and smiled. Perhaps something good had happened during the boy?s time on Tatooine. As Mace continued watching, he saw the boy?s face contort into an expression of anger followed by a whispered curse, no doubt learned while pod racing. Mace stepped forward intending to remind the boy to remain calm and not succumb to anger, but he stopped himself. In face Mace felt nearly as helpless as young Anakin Skywalker did. A wry grin appeared on his face, the great Jedi Master Mace Windu was powerless to find his friend Obi-Wan Kenobi. And as time progressed it seemed less and less likely that Kenobi still lived. Glancing over his shoulder, he saw Senator Amidala approaching. He bowed slightly, ?Senator.?

The young senator smiled slightly, ?Master Windu, has there been any news??

The Jedi Master frowned again, ?No. No new news.?

Padme frowned and glanced at Anakin. ?Ani thinks Obi-Wan is still alive. But the rest of you seem to think he is already dead.?

Mace frowned at the use of Anakin?s childhood name. Anakin and the Senator were too close, but right now it wouldn?t be fair to separate them. The young man had just lost his Master, so he shouldn?t have to lose his friend. ?I hope he isn?t Senator Amidala. But even if Obi-Wan has died, Anakin would be the last person to admit it. Masters and padawans bond in very unique ways. It would be unusual for one not to feel the passing of the other.?

The senator nodded and looked directly into Windu?s eyes. ?Don?t let Anakin give up searching. If he believes Obi-Wan is still alive that?s good enough for me.? Senator Amidala sighed softly and turned to look at Anakin. ?I don?t know how he deals with losing all the people around him.? She paused before continuing, ?Master Windu do you realize that Anakin has lost both his mother and the closest thing he has to a father in less than a two day span??

Mace paused, as the reasons behind Anakin?s mood became clearer. ?No I didn?t realize his mother had died.?

She nodded. ?He?s trying to hide it, but you can tell how much he hurts.? Padme glanced over at Anakin and her mood seemed to change. ?If you?ll excuse me Master Jedi.?

Mace nodded, ?Of course Senator.? Windu watched as she walked up to Anakin. The young man awoke from his meditations, and upon seeing the Senator broke into a smile. Mace looked between the

7. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Oh, what the heck. I'll keep this short. :)

From chapter 3 of "Spirit Warriors of Angharad," to be posted shortly (the link is in my sig):

"Ani," Obi-Wan said, his tone a gentle reminder of a Padawan's duty to answer his Master. Although Anakin remained silent, the Master Jedi thought he sensed some wavering in his resolve. "Look at me, please," Obi-Wan said. After a moment, the boy obeyed. "I'm trying to help you. In order to do that I need to know what's happened," Obi-Wan said.

Anakin seemed to think about that, and then Obi-Wan sensed the barrier around the boy's spirit slowly beginning to drop. There was dread behind that wall, and a profound feeling of shame. "I saw the chains again, Master," Anakin said.

"Ah," Obi-Wan said. This was unwelcome news. Intrusive images in meditation could be a sign of serious spiritual illness--something Obi-Wan had attempted to have Anakin treated for, but with little success.

The boy averted his gaze at his Master's dismayed response, then apparently remembered he'd been asked not to. "I saw them when I was asking the Force for healing and peace," he said. "The Light was all around me, but I couldn't touch it . . . it seemed like the chains were crawling inside me, and I heard them say 'slave.'"

Anakin's fear was palpable. "You understand those images aren't real," Obi-Wan said.

"They feel real," Anakin replied.

8. Baron_Fel

Baron_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    Here's a snippet of my Imperial AU FF:

Yes, sir I am,? Brakiel in his mind shook his head at his sudden stupidity. He marched right to the stage where the Supreme Commander was. Once he got up the steps, he saluted the Admiral, ?Lt. Commander Brakiel Keyes reporting sir.?

The Admiral returned the gesture with a brisk salute, ?Keyes, good to meet you,? he said offering his hand. Brakiel shook it. Once he released his hand, the Grand Admiral addressed the audience; ?Lt. Commander Keyes here is responsible for the survival of a convoy and the crew of his Star Destroyer. Unfortunately, many people died. But because of Keyes many people did survive.? The crowd gave a short burst of approval. ?I now thank you for your company, but class is over. Your instructors will take you to the training grounds on Yaga Minor. That is all, you are dismissed.?

Once the all cadets had left, the Admiral asked Brakiel to follow him. He led Brakiel to the officers? mess near the bridge. Along the way, officers, technicians, pilots and troopers saluted the Admiral then Brakiel. This caused the probably short trip to last almost an hour.

When they reached the mess hall, Brakiel noticed this mess hall only served the highest-ranking officers. The food smelled so good that Brakiel wondered whether the captains of the other ships in the fleet traveled here regularly. A droid waiter came over and gave us both a covered plate and a bottle of Corellian liquor with two glasses. ?Enjoy,? it said.

The Admiral took the cover off his plate to reveal a steaming bantha steak. Brakiel did the same and saw his steak. ?One of my favorites,? the Admiral said. He cut a piece off the steak, forked it, and chewed on it like it was the best food in the whole galaxy. By the looks of it, it probably was.

The head of the Imperial armed forces looked up at Brakiel, ?Not used to such food Commander?? he asked casually.

?Um, well I am actually,? Brakiel, said nervously.

?Nervous then,? the old Admiral asked, sipping his liquor.

?Well, yes sir.?

?Then let me get down to business,? his casual demeanor disappeared and was replaced by a serious one. ?You did one fine hell of a job Commander. Although the public does not know much about the lost convoy, the rest of High Command does. And personally, I like your quick thinking and am willing to promote you here and now. Of course, since I am the head of military High Command nothing can stop me. So do you accept??

?Huh,? Brakiel was dumbfounded, the Supreme Commander wanted to promote him. ?I mean, yes I accept.?

?Good,? looking at Brakiels? steak he asked, ?Are you going to eat that??

?Um, no. Not really hungry.?

The Admiral flashed him a short grin. ?Of course. Oh, and before I forget take these.? He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small case. Brakiel wearily opened it and felt like the wind had been knocked out of him. Inside were rank bars; he was to be promoted to the rank of full Captain. ?The paperwork will catch up to us, but for now you will be given command of a ship in my fleet that I have selected just for you,? the Admiral said. ?In fact you may leave as soon as you wish. Here is a datacard detailing your new positions? responsibilities as well as the capabilities of your ship and it?s crew.?

Brakiel took the bottle of liquor and poured some of the liquor into his glass. Taking a gulp, he pulled out his datacpad and slipped the card into it.

He was to command the new Dagger-class Star Destroyer, the Pillar of Fire. Saying it was a good ship, was an understatement. Dagger-class vessels were workhorses capable of doing a number of things. They could be troop transports, fighter carriers, and assault cruisers, missile ships, even cargo carriers. In this case, it was a jack-of-all-trades type. The crew was also one of the best in the fleet having served in a number of high-level operations admirably before being transferred to the Pillar of Fire.

?May I leave now sir?? Brakiel asked the Admiral.

?Of course. Captain Keyes, you are dis

9. RogueLead11

RogueLead11 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 19, 1999
    Normally I don't publicize my stories much, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to make an exception this once. :) This is an excerpt from A Pilot's Story - The Adventures of Wedge Antilles.

As Emalia had said, the members of Red Squadron did indeed have a skirmish in the simulators that evening, and true to their word, Piggy and Baby did show up.

So did I.

The sim was like any other, nothing out of the ordinary. A rebel and an Imperial cruiser pounded away at each other in the foreground, but the combat that interested me most was concentrated in a dense, boiling ball between the two capital ships. X-wings bobbed and weaved in and out of the fray amid green turbolasers, descending upon their targets and disposing of them with admirable efficiency.

The dogfight was well underway by the time I entered, wrapped in the guise of a computer-controlled X-wing under Alliance colors. Several minutes later, with only half of Red Squadron dealing with the remaining Imperials, I?d thrown off my disguise in favor of providing the rest of the unoccupied rebels with a challenge. I was going about earning my first kill when the Force decided to throw a hydrospanner into the works.

?Come on, come on,? I muttered under my breath as my target once again slipped from my targeting reticule. Red Six, one Jek Porkins, wasn?t about to go out easily.

I had to admit, Piggy was pretty good. He was at Baby?s level, maybe even higher. Still, his shields were failing as I slowly but methodically plugged away at him. He seemed to be accustomed to flying a Y-wing; he wasn?t utilizing the X-wing?s speed and maneuverability to their full capacity, which was costing him in the long run.

Riding nearly in the backwash of his engines, I boxed Piggy in and just sat there, pumping shot after shot into his deflectors. My lasers played across Red Six?s port flank, burning away the shields on that side. His belated return fire flickered harmlessly beneath my bottom S-foils and he began an awkward, labored roll to the side. I didn?t have trouble keeping with him throughout the clumsy evasion tactic. Switching weapons over the quads, I saw my brackets go green?

? and was forced to break off as someone else?s lasers hammered into me from behind.

Piggy side-slipped in the opposite direction and disappeared from my scopes. I paid no attention to him ? I could always find him later ? and instead focused on the new threat. Another X-wing was rapidly bearing down on me, guns blazing. As I pulled him up on my targeting computer, I whistled. It was Red Leader.

Captain Garven Dreis himself had decided to come out and play.

*Come and get me.* Ignoring the blinking HUD that foretold of a laser-lock, I kicked the X-wing up on its starboard wing to present a smaller target and nudged the stick right. A half-second later I threw the fighter into a cork-screw that took it back over its original flight path, then split-S.

The HUD continued to throb.

I wound down and through the spinning half-loop, leveled out, and climbed again. I bounced the X-wing around, played with the rudder-pedals, jinked and whirled the fighter around until my head began to hurt.

It didn?t matter. Red Leader?s first shot hit my ship hard enough to rattle my teeth.

Rather than break off, as I?d hoped, he?d stayed with me! I racked my brain for how he?d managed to follow me through all my maneuvering, but couldn?t afford the time to think the matter through completely. I cut port as a barrage from Garven Dreis grazed the strike-foils on my right side. I spared a look at my shields. They were in steady decline, mostly in the rear. If I wanted to stay alive, I would have to keep the rebel captain off my back.

*Time to get off the receiving end of this fight.* I nosed the stick down and applied throttle, curling into the teardrop that would bring me onto Dreis? tail: the ideal ?kill? position. Real hotshots spent all their time trying to get into that one spot, to make their

10. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    I wasn't going to do this, but I changed my mind :) Here is a snippet from my current WIP--that is almost done!

Title: Going Home

~No. no. no. Not again. ~ He thought as his eyes squeezed shut and his head thrashed back and forth as if that would dispel that cold presence from once again invading his mind.

He could not stop the small sound of despair that escaped his throat as his very weakened shields finally collapsed. He was exhausted both mentally and physically. And he was not sure how much more of this he could take.

//You always were weak, Obi-Wan//

The taunting voice of his former master was unmistakable in his mind.

//What a pathetic excuse for a knight you turned out to be. Perhaps you should have been a farmer after all//

Oh, that hurt. As he had done the whole night through, he simply accepted the pain these hurtful words inevitably produced. He would not circumvent his pain into anger; that was what the sith wanted.

Instead he tried his best to release that pain. More than a little difficult when one cannot access the force.

//You are not my master// His exhaustion had permeated his mental voice as well. //And you are wasting your time//

For a moment that dark presence in his mind nearly overwhelmed him. His eyes flew open as a cold hand settled around his throat and his head was pushed back against the metal table.

//EMBRACE YOUR ANGER!// It was a command and radiated barely controlled rage. It was the sith who spoke in his mind now. Gone was the voice of his master, much to his relief.

"I cannot embrace that which I do not have." He spoke aloud this time wanting to avoid the intimacy of telepathic communication.

//I can feel the hate within you, hatred for HIM//

"No. I do not hate him. I hate what he did. I could never hate him, and I would never dishonor or hurt him by turning to the darkside."

An unnerving moment of silence passed as the sith regarded him speculatively.

//You are nothing to him. To me, you could be everything// It was spoken with the promise of power and a wistful longing that he surely did not want to analyze.

"HIS feelings for ME are of no consequence. To me....He is everything. The only father I have ever known. I will not betray him."

//So loyal. And so pathetic. Your love is your weakness, young one//

"Perhaps. Or perhaps it is my greatest strength." With that, Obi-Wan closed his eyes on the sith. Calmness had descended upon him. He was at peace with his fate. He would not turn. He would die.

He spared a fleeting thought to wonder if his master would care. It didn't really matter though. His love for Qui-Gon had saved him this night. It did not matter if that love was not returned. His love would carry him into death, and into the force beyond. If not for that love he may have been tempted to embrace the darkness so solicitously offered.

His thoughts turned to Qui-Gon again. What was the sith's plan? Would he go after Qui-Gon? He decided not to center on his anxieties. There was nothing he could do about it. Qui-Gon was a jedi master. He could take care of himself.

It also calmed him greatly to know that should his master not survive, that he would be there to greet his master and welcome him into the force.

Well?? Well?? The link is at the top if you'd like to check it out :D

--Shan

11. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
    This is from the upcoming, but not yet posted, original character story entitled "Destiny. Fate. True Love. All that Trash."

"Oh man," Rachel complained, looking at the sheer impenitrability of the wall, "That's a toughie."

Aidan slammed his fist against the sheer black surface and a metallic bang was all that his efforts produced.

"What the hell are we going to do now?" he moaned, crossing his arms angrily across his chest.

"Um, hello? We're Jedi here!" Rachel reminded him, "And no matter how wussy you think I am, I can still get us through."

Aidan's glanced flicked to Ami, who was beginning to look kind of scared.

"Allow me," Rachel said, unclipping the black cermanic lightsaber at her belt.

Aidan's eyes widened as she ignited it, tried to spin it in a circle, and promptly dropped the deadly weapon.

"Um... do you really know how to use one of those?" he asked suspiciously, his eyes narrowing.

"No," Ami remarked, a resigned expression on her face.

"Of course!" Rachel smiled, bending to pick up her blade, "I'm as good as one week of experience can make a person!"

"I feel so reassured," Aidan grumbled sarcastically.

"Yeah, lucky you."

12. Jedimama

Jedimama Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 1999
    Okay, here is the first chapter of Transcendence. With any luck, this should be archived sometime in September. (Assuming my over-worked Beta's don't decide to quit on me!)
    Be warned - it's a Luke/Anakin story. :)

TRANSCENDENCE

Luke Skywalker closed his eyes and breathed deeply. He had almost forgotten how it felt to be completely alone with the solitude that only deep space could provide. He was sitting in the cockpit of his old X-Wing fighter that had recently been converted into a newer XJ model that was used exclusively by the Jedi Knights.

The Jedi Master smiled as he recalled how Leia and several of his fellow Jedi had argued vehemently against his upgrading the almost-antique X-Wing, instead of allowing himself to be issued a factory-new model. But Luke had a history with this particular X-Wing, he was comfortable behind the controls and he had steadfastly insisted that the old fighter be kept and restored to modern standards.

Luke to admit he was pleased with the results - the ship handled slightly better and was definitely faster and more maneuverable. When Luke had gotten wind of the fact the New Republic government was hoping to enlist the aid of a Jedi to escort a high ranking political delegation to a peace settlement on the fringe of New Republic territory, Luke had decided to volunteer his services. His family and closest friends had been wearing him down with not-so-subtle comments about his needing a vacation from the Praxeum, so they were quite happy when Luke took the 'baby-sitting' job, as Han called it. Luke had just smiled, knowing in his heart the reason he had volunteered had more to do with testing out his newly remodeled ship than with taking some time off. Of course, Luke thought to himself, as much as he sometimes missed his flying days in the 20 years since he had given up the life as a pilot for the duties of a Jedi Knight, several days travel in a one-man fighter was enough to leave him anxious to be back on solid ground.

A faint beep interrupted the silence, and Luke made a few adjustments to the controls in preparation for the transition from hyperspace. He shifted his position slightly and casually grasped the control to ease the ship back to normal space. Just as the blur of stars outside began to slow, Luke felt a powerful force take hold of his mind and body. He felt a tremendous pressure that seemed to emanate from the core of his being and he instinctively gasped for a breath that would not come. His body felt as though part of it was being torn away but, oddly, he felt no pain. His arms and legs began to tremble, then became immobilized and ineffective. He used every Force skill he could think of - and made up a few new tricks on the spot - to try and stop the barrage of power that had gripped him. Right before unconsciousness, Luke saw an incredible flash of pure light, more intense than anything he had ever witnessed, but he did not look away. Words without a voice seemed to whisper to his mind that everything was all right, and then the darkness claimed him??

Another place, another level in the ethereal oneness of The Force.......

Anakin Skywalker sat in the soft grass atop a small rise in the flawless landscape. He closed his eyes and breathed deeply, inhaling the scent of blossoming flowers and luxuriating in the comfortable warmth that was always present. He had been having an unusually trying day and he felt tremendously grateful to have found some time to meditate and clear his mind.

Since the time of his Redemption and acceptance back Home he had immersed himself in his duties. Anakin had tried his hand at many different skills here, excelled in most, but had eventually proved to be quite a skillful and natural Warder- not surprising considering the remarkable nature of his creation.

Child of the Force, Chosen One, Vergeance??he had been called all these things - all these things and more, he thought ruefully -during the time of his existence. He had alw

13. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    Here's a lil bit of my story, The Battle at Hand and it's a Jaina/Jag fic after Rebel Stand...enjoy....

?99 bottles of lomin ale on the wall! 99 bottles of ale! Take one down, pass it around, 98 bottles of lomin ale on the wall! 98 bottles of lomin ale on the wall! 98 bottle of ale! Take one down, pass it around, 97 bottles of ale on the wall! 97 bottles of lomin ale on the wall! 97 bottles of ale! Take one down, pass it around, 96-?

?Will you please just shut up?!? demanded Evil Beady Eyes, his voice echoing around them.

Janson glared at him. ?You interrupted me! I forgot where I was!? he accused.? Let?s see, where was I , where was I?oh, yes, 96 bottles of lomin ale on the wall! 96 bottleS of ale! Take one down pass it around, 95 bottles of ale!? he continued singing.

Jaina stepped up closer to him to whisper, ?I?m not sure ticking off Evil Beady Eyes here is a good idea, Ewok Man.?

Janson shot her a hurt look. ?Well, they haven?t fed me breakfast, it?s the least they can do; I want my caf and some pan crepes would be nice, and some nice fruit and I?m tired and I just wanna-?

?Ewok Man, you?re doing it again!? she hissed. ?You can sing, but please, please, don?t sound like a whiny 2 year old!?

Janson grinned. ?95 bottles of lomin ale on the wall! 95 bottles of ale!?

He kept singing, but Jaina drowned him out, trying to figure out how to get out of this mess. She shuffled on, stumbling almost into a thorny bush, but Jag caught her in time. ?Thanks.? She blushed. She noticed the group had stopped, and the Peace Brigaders were taking a break under some shade. She trudged over to lean against a rock, away from the rest of the group. They stood so they were hidden from their captors? view. Jaina doubted the Peace Brigaders would care much. Already half the group had been sent back; due to the ?good behavior? on Jaina?s team?s part. So, only 12 to go?if Face comes, we just might have a chance to get out of this mess, save Shawnkyr and get back home in one piece. Jag followed her, and stood there looking at the cut on her cheek with concern on his face. He reached up with a hand, even though they were in stun cuffs, and stroked her cheek lightly. ?You ok? I wanted to pound that guy into the ground??

She smiled. ?I?m fine, Jag, it?s just a cut.?

He narrowed his pale green eyes. ?If you say so. I wish I had my medpac, but those blasted Brigaders have it. I?d put a bacta bandage on it if I could, but for now, this will have to do.? He leaned down and gently placed soft kisses on either side of the gash, just above it or just below it. She turned her head to smile into his green eyes.

?All better?? he whispered, eyes sparkling. His face was inches from hers, and his breath was warm on her cheek.

?All better.? She repeated, capturing his lips in a kiss. She closed her eyes, savoring the kiss. It ended all too soon, too short for her tastes. She opened her brandy brown eyes, lips curving into a smile. She slid down the rock, tilting her head back to rest against the rock. Jag stood there, observing her.

?Hey, you two! Get back over here!? called Evil Beady Eyes, gesturing with a blaster. Jag extended a hand, actually both since they were restricted in the cuffs, and took both of Jaina?s small hands in his, tugging Jaina to her feet. She wondered if he realized his reluctance to let go of her hands.

Wes had started singing again once they started moving, and Jaina groaned. ?56 bottles of lomin ale on the wall! 56 bottles of ale! Take one down, pass it around, 55 bottles of ale on the wall! 55 bottles of-?

Jaina shut him out again, ignoring him. Jag was following close behind her, Kell and Corran on either side of him. ?Has he always been this bad?? she whispered.

?No,? Kell said, ?Usually he sings in a more on-key tenor voice. He must not have had enough caf, that would be why he?s flat.?

Jaina glared back at him. ?Not quite the answer I was looking for.?

?Let me try. No, Goddess,?

14. Darth_Drewkachu

Darth_Drewkachu Jedi Youngling

Aug 7, 2002
    Here's a brief sampling of an OC story called, REBEL GAUNTLET

Kerin knew her next shot may not be so lucky. She scuttled backwards, putting her back against another door. One hand went to the door controls, flipping the appropriate switch frantically, the other sending a few bolts through the still smoking doorway. Three more white-clad troops came through the door. Kerin watched several bolts drive into the console where the Commander had been laying, even as her own shot sent another stormtrooper to the ground. Two more rushed in to take his place.

The door behind her slid open with a hiss. Kerin thanked the skies and hopped backwards. Bolts of angry red flared past her as she backpedaled frantically, hitting the switch on the other side. Two stormtroopers starting walking towards her, and another shot forced her almost all the way to the ground. The two persuers had crossed more than half the room, and the switch still wouldn't give. Kerin cursed her luck and took aim with her blaster.

Sparks flew as the door panel lit up in a multitude of colors. Instead of jamming shut as she hoped, the door merely slid about a fourth of the way shut. She felt the heat of a blaster bolt that surely would have hit her square in the face had the impromptu barrier not been in place. Kerin chanced a look below the door. The two mobile stormtroopers were closing fast.

There's more there, and more to come.
    REBEL GAUNTLET so give it chance. please?

15. sabrelight

sabrelight Jedi Master star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    I beleive I had started a similiar thread (In the year 3000 BC, I think) Your right to start a new one Jemmiah cuz we're constantly getting new readers. Also it'll help dig my couple of fics from the depths of the boards after my year long leave.
    This is a snippet from "What if Anakin met Natalie Portman" (Link is in my sig)

Anakin was bent over the console of the ship making minor adjustments here and there. He checked the various meters and gauges on the control panel. Questioning Alisa, the on board computer about the ships internal health. He was pleased that every thing was going fine. He sat back in the pilot's seat with a satisfied sigh of relief, when suddenly a sharp scream tore through his bliss. He jumped right through the hatch; lightsaber activated expecting to see the Great Black Sith himself, but what he saw stopped him in his track.

U4C had the girl pinned to the bed with his clawed arm pressing her head on the pillow. With his other two arms he was trying to unfasten her pant belt. But was not making much headway as she clutched at it with both her hands, kicking and screaming at the same time.

"U4!" Anakin yelled, "Let her be! Before I slice that arm of yours," U4C looked up in robotic surprise, his mouth dropping open at the sight of the menacing weapon.

"Sir! She won't let me examine her,"

"Back off! You metal zomb!" Anakin screamed.

U4C backed off to the far wall rather dejected, that was the worse thing his master had ever called him.

Before Anakin had a chance to turn to the damsel in distress something bumped hard into him knocking his breath and making him reel off balance. At the same time he felt an iron noose tighten around his neck and ear a splitting
    "ANAKIN HEEEELP!" Right in his ears.

"Gongs!" he thought "I've been sabered- through the ears." He was still reeling, before he caught himself against the wall, Natalie still clinging to him.

He realized what had hit as soon as he came out of his initial shock

The queen had lunged right off the bed as soon as the droid had loosened his grip, and into his unexpecting arms.

"Wow!" was all he could say as he stood there trying to shake his petrified brain back to life.

"She's pretty strong for a person so small," he thought to himself. Natalie was sobbing and shaking violently and tightening the grip round his neck.

By now Anakin was practically gagging. Ghug! Ghug! He managed to say as he tried to set her down but it was impossible to unfasten those arms and legs clamped around him like a Sith's claw.

To make matters worse, one of his arms was caught inside this human vice. This is too embarrassing he thought as he used his free arm to tear her off him, taking in huge gulps of air as he did so.

It needed all his strength to peel the persistent arms and legs off him one by one, and he was too proud to give in and use the force. In all his (proud) ten years as padawan he hadn't been so humiliated. That too by a girl small enough to fit in to his hand bag. Thank the force Obi-wan is not here. The whole temple would be laughing for months

He had managed to unfasten the reluctant girl from him but now, she had latched her self round his waist.

"Now WHAT is the problem with you, your highness?" He said through clenched teeth, trying to control his rising anger. Natalie clung harder, her face hidden in his robes. Anakin thought her grip would break something inside if not split him in two. She looked at the robot, eyes wide with terror.

"That thing," she said, pointing to U4C, " it's evil."

"What!" Anakin exclaimed. "That thing tried to rape me." She said breathlessly.

"That's preposterous," Anakin exclaimed quite red in the face, "he's just a machine."

"He's possessed," She said with conviction. "Possessed," Anakin repeated quite baffled.

"What's that,"

"Evil spirits have possessed him," She said.

"You believe that - spirits possessing droids," He said almost yelling at

16. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    A few Snippets of Endgames.. an e-3 era fic..

?You will NOT take my child from me!? Padme? cried remembering how the Jedi usually took in their neophytes, her voice full of fierce, sudden anger. ?Not as long as I draw breath!? She turned and stalked out of the room as quickly as she could, trying not to let Yoda see the tears in her eyes. If he said anything more to her, she did not hear it. Seven days, she had to contact Anakin immediately.
    Her first priority was to get away from the Senate, away from this place and back to her apartment. There she would send a message to him directly; it didn?t matter who over heard her calling him now. A simple message that would convey everything and bring him to her quickly. A simple message, only three words but that would be enough. Three words.
    ?They know everything.?

Anakin tried to gather his thoughts. If the Chancellor could actually find the time to meet with him he could wear the Naboo commoner clothing that Padme' had stashed away for the occasional planet leave when they could arrange to be there together. To meet with the Chancellor in the cloths he was wearing, granted they hadn?t actually been SLEPT in per say was unthinkable... His train of thought was suddenly interrupted when Palpatine himself appeared in holo form before him.
    "Master... I mean, Chancellor," stammered Anakin, and he admonished himself angrily. Too much time arguing with Obi-wan who never seemed to let him forget his place had made such an unforgivable slip inevitable.
    Palpatine sat easily in his chair, seeming to ignore the misstep for which Anakin was exceedingly grateful. "What can I do for you this evening?"
    Anakin hesitated, he didn't know where to begin and started to feel foolish.

And lastly:

This time it was Obi-wan who was rendered speechless. He could almost hear Master Yoda?s voice in his head. "Now, things are worse."

"Force Padme'!" he spat finally. "Does he know?"

Padme' managed a little more composure.

"If you are referring to my 'husband', no, Anakin doesn't know .............

17. IamZam

IamZam Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 19, 2002
    Prologue:In the burnt out ruins of what had once been a quaint little family home, a strange necklace was discovered. It looked like it had been carved out of Japor. On the back there was what appeared to be a disk of some kind, it looked like someone had made a recording and then decided to hide it. There was no way to identify who it belonged to, but then the old woman looked closely at it and saw the names. The names that brought back memories of another time, a name that told her exactly what she needed to do.

Leia saw the strange looking object on her desk, the woman who had delivered it to her had insisted on giving it to her in person. This woman was someone she had never met, and yet some how she felt like she should know this person. There was a connection there, but for the life of her she couldn?t but her hands on it. She put the disk in to R2, not sure what to expect. What she saw was the last thing she had ever expected in a million years. There had been so many people who had claimed to know who their mother had been, so many false leads. But one look at the sad woman sitting cross legged and cradling a baby triggered a memory in her. This was real. She knew the woman before her was her real mother, and the baby in her lap was her. She couldn?t believe her eyes. She knew she should share this with Luke, but she couldn't move. All she could do was watch, and cry.

Legacy

Now on LegacyII: The Beginning continued on the same thread.

18. Crazy_Vasey

Crazy_Vasey Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2001
    The Return of The Chosen One (NJO AU)

=========================================

The Sith backed away onto the walkway and Anakin stalked after her lightsabre ready in the traditional high position he had used for so many years. The air was thick with the anticipation of the violence to come when she spoke in the grating mechanical tone of one who has damaged vocal cords replaced with machinery that is not particularly well maintained, ?you have grown weak master,? she said with heavy emphasis on the master as if mocking Anakin.

?If I am so weak Lumiya then why have you taken to wearing a copy of my armour??

?It enhances my authority and draws fear, believe me it is not because of some misguided hero worship.?

Lumiya then struck out with her lightsabre at Anakin with a swing aimed at his midsection, which he blocked one handed before bringing his lightsabre up and slamming it down in a vicious blow which Lumiya blocked but forced her down onto one knee such was its power. Lumiya rolled away and came back at Anakin with a high slash, which he again blocked one handed before using the momentum to throw her to the ground.

?If you give me the child back now I may let you survive to see another day,? he roared in a commanding tone.

Lumiya replied, ?I think not.?

Anakin replied with a brutal one handed slash that would have beheaded Lumiya if she had not ducked underneath it and rolled away. Lumiya barely got back onto her feet before Anakin came at her with a series of overhand blows that forced her further and further back, his brute strength threatened to overwhelm her as she back-pedalled away trying to avoid being bisected.

Lumiya seemed to be on the run barely avoiding many of Anakin?s powerful attacks but in the blink of an eye she rolled underneath one swing and went on the offensive with numerous quick strikes, which Anakin struggled, to block.

?Your powers are weak,? taunted Lumiya as their sabres locked sending a shower of red sparks across the walkway.

?We shall see whose powers are weak,? replied Anakin before tossing Lumiya backwards with a force-powered push before slamming her lightsabre out of her hand with a powerful lightsabre slash.

?Unimpressive,? Anakin taunted before slamming his lightsabre down in a blow that would have killed Lumiya if she had not rolled out of the way at the last possible second.

Lumiya darted back up to her feet and after calling her lightsabre to her hand and bringing it up into a defensive position spoke, ?is that the best you can do Lord Vader??

Lumiya came at Anakin in a whirlwind of lightsabre strikes now in a frenzy of motion hammering away at Anakin?s defences. Anakin struggled to defend himself against all these lightning quick attacks his lightsabre moving in a blur but still more often than not being forced to move backwards to avoid being gutted. After numerous blows Lumiya launched a whirling high slash, which Anakin parried, their bladed locked once again sending sparks across the platform.

?As one Vader falls another one rises. How fitting it will be when the son of Skywalker helps me win the galaxy,? taunted Lumiya.

For several moments Anakin just stared at her through his masks computer enhanced vision trying to control himself. He failed. With sheer strength he threw her away, Lumiya caught her balance and looked at him confused before Vader let loose a volley of force lightning that hit her with such force it physically threw her off the platform onto another below, she hit with an almighty thud knocking all the air out of her. By the time Lumiya began to get to her feet Vader followed her down cape billowing around him like a vision out of a nightmare.

Immediately he went on the offensive slamming blow after blow against her blade, each one forcing her to step backwards or be knocked over as the sheer brute strength of the attacks threatened to overwhelm her. She tried to go on the offensive and retaliate but that was like a red flag

19. Leah-Beth

Leah-Beth Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    This is the first post of my completed fic Falling and Fallen, which takes place a few weeks after Rebel Dream.

Jaina Solo stared out the window of her quarters at the scorched landscape surrounding the old biotics building. [i]This planet used to be beautiful, once upon a time,[/i] she thought to herself. [i]Now, it's just another casualty of war, like Sernpidal and Ithor.[/i] If she stretched her sight to its limits, she thought that she could see vegetation on the far horizon.

Her comlink began to beep and Jaina dug it out of her pocket. She flicked it on with her thumb and held it up to her mouth. "Solo here."

"It's Dad," Jaina heard through the tiny device. Her father's voice was very tinny. "Wedge wants you down here in the main conference room ASAP. It's about Shelter."

A lump of dread began to form in the pit of Jaina's stomach. The way her father had spoken could only mean that something was wrong. "On my way," she replied, taking care to keep all emotion out of her voice. She thumbed off the comlink and grabbed her jacket as she fairly sprinted out the door.

Jaina arrived at the conference room in record time. She pushed her hair out of her face, which she had left down from its customary braid. The young pilot entered and sat down next to Gavin Darklighter and the other squadron leaders. In a matter of minutes, everyone else arrived and were seated around the large room. Wedge Antilles began the briefing.

"Okay people, we have a situation. Early this morning, sensors picked up another worldship at the edges of the system." As the general spoke, a hologram came online behind him, showing the location of this new Yuuzhan Vong vessel. "We have reason to believe that this is the Warmaster's worldship." Wedge paused, looking around the room. He nodded to Jaina, who had her hand raised.

"Not to be disrespectful, but how do you figure that?" she asked, curiosity evident in her voice.

"First of all, the worldship that we believe houses the Warmaster disappeared from Courscant orbit last night. In the approximate time that it would take a vessel of that size to travel this far, the worldship showed up here. Secondly, ever since the Jedi strike team has gotten back from Myrkr, we've known that the Vong were after you, Lieutenant Solo. We've made it no secret that you're here. It makes sense that the Warmaster would come after you personally.

"And third," Wedge paused, making eye contact with Jaina," you mother sensed your brother on board that ship."

Jaina's eyes widened in shock. [i]How could Mom feel Jacen when I didn't?[/i] she wondered incredulously. [i]He's my twin! That'd be like me being able to sense Uncle Luke, but Mom having no clue. It's impossible![/i] Jaina nodded and Wedge continued.

"I want everyone on standby alert. We know that the Vong will strike at us, but we can't anticipate when. Individual squadron leaders and ship captains will receive their orders within the hour. Dismissed." Jaina rose along with everyone else, but stopped when she heard her name. "Lieutenant Solo, I'd like to speak with you," Wedge said.

She moved against the flow of people to the head of the room. Her parents, Lando and Tendra Calrissian, Tycho Celchu, and Wedge and Iella Antilles were sitting around the huge table there. Jaina seated herself in the only empty seat, directly across from Wedge.

"I was told that that was about Shelter, not my brother," she stated icily, not looking at anyone but Wedge. "Why was I lied to?"

Wedge didn't hesitate. "We didn't lie to you. We just didn't tell you the full truth." He paused to take a deep breath, then continued. "We have reason to believe that the Vong might try to navigate the Maw. If they do, they'll most certainly stumble upon Shelter. Your assignment is to take Twin Suns Squadron and protect Shelter," Wedge stated. "I know that you would rather be here to help your brother--"

"Damn straight."

"--but if you get caught, the Vong have won," he contin

20. Darth_Ofidis

Darth_Ofidis Jedi Master star 3

Aug 13, 2002
    This is from my first fan fic, Call of the Force.

Dareel ushered the padawan children out of the turbolift and into the immense darkness of the cargo holds. Deep cold pervaded the area with crates stacked haphazardly throughout the room. Jarna gathered them together and counted heads as Dareel kept watch once more.

A flash of polished white armor caught his eye.

?Everyone,? he whispered, ?be quiet, there are clone troopers here.?

They all went completely silent, their years of Jedi training bringing discipline far beyond normal children. Dareel considered their next move. He had twelve noncombatant padawan children, who had only held a safety blade before in their lives, and himself. At least it wasn?t a total loss, or at least he liked to think so.

Vard tugged at the hem of his robe. ?Dareel,? he whispered, ?the escape pods are through that door and down some steps, underneath the frigate?s wings.?

Dareel nodded as he looked at the bulkhead over to their left. At least they only had to out run the clone troopers, but how to get the door open first? Then he remembered something.

?Rodie, you can lift small objects with the Force, can?t you??

Rodie, a silent but quite gifted student, merely nodded.

?Right, I need you to open the bulkhead when we get there. Can you flip the switch if we get closer??

?Yes.? Rodie answered simply, Dareel trusted his word.

?Right, then we move quietly over that way. Watch for clone troopers and let me know if you are seen. Try to stay under cover.?

He knew he was being a mother rancor, but the kids took comfort in the orders and just accepted it. One at a time, Dareel again at the lead, they moved from crate to crate. The children kept low to the ground, barely more than crouching as they scuttled across the vast hall. Dareel had pressed himself against one crate, edging slowly towards the corner, when a great crash distracted him. Antar had fallen as he ran, now lying in the middle of an alleyway in plain sight.

?Antar!? Dareel hissed harshly, ?up on your feet!?

?Who goes there!? Dareel turned to see the white armor and T-shaped visor of a clone trooper, a carbine blaster held to his side. After a still moment, reflex took over as the trooper whipped his weapon up, trigger depressed, and Dareel slashed across with his lightsaber, activating it at the same time with one smooth motion. A blaster bolt rammed into the floor next to Dareel?s left foot, another shot past his hip, hammering into a crate behind him. Then the lightsaber shore through the clone?s shoulder, continuing through his torso and out the other arm. Four pieces of the dead man clattered to the floor.

?NOW! RUN!? Dareel shouted as the sound of many heavy, armored, feet stomped towards them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.