main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Mara Jade Skywalker Fan club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi_Liz, Dec 27, 2002.

1. Ewok_Slayer

Ewok_Slayer Jedi Master star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    Ignoring the EU could simply mean the movies take place after 50 ABY and make no mention to things occurring in the EU. It is so easy to write a screenplay that can do this and not mess up canon that I would be VERY surprised if that isn't what they do. This is especially easy to do if the big three are not in EP7 as rumored. You would then not need to mention Skywalker or Solo or anything that happened in the EU.

2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Speculation on Rebelscum.com is, they meant the Vintage Collection Mara Jade was cancelled, since she's now being released in the Black Series, and there was a foul-up in communications. It's possible she really is cancelled, but it's possible the employee you spoke to was misinformed.

3. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Double post.

Uh...I love Mara Jade. :p

Team Padme likes this.
  4. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    How would you react, if you saw mara Jade on screen, even if was only for a scene?

Team Padme likes this.
  5. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007

[​IMG]

Tarsier likes this.
  6. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Honestly, I'm all but certain my reaction would be that's not Mara Jade! I don't really have a clear picture of what she looks like in my head, but I just don't think there's an actress out there that could effectively capture her. I'd love to be proven wrong on that point, but I just don't see it happening. There's only a handful of still images of her I like (official or fanart), so I doubt I would find her convincing even if you're talking about animation. I won't be too disappointed if she never appears on screen because to me that's just another opportunity for TPTB to screw her up.

7. JFuchs77

JFuchs77 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    I hope Mara Jade Skywalker just gets revived at some point so she and Luke can be together again.

8. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Thought you guys might be interested in this article I wrote. Basically we were asked to pick one thing we'd like to see saved from the EU and make it into the Sequel Trilogy. I picked Mara. Let me know what you think!

Abadacus and Iron_lord like this.
  9. CrazyOldHermit

CrazyOldHermit Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    That was very good Sey. I agree on your views of Mara and how she has been portrayed in the EU. Who knows, maybe we'll get to see Mara yet on the big screen.

s65horsey likes this.
  10. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    An assassin for Emperor Palpatine, Mara’s life changes when she meets – and eventually marries – Luke Skywalker. Re-create the biggest battles and missions in the Star Wars epic with figures from The Black Series! This figure is carefully detailed to look like the Jedi knight Mara Jade, and she's ready to fight for the rebel cause in your Star Wars battles. Your collection – and your adventures – won't be complete without her! Star Wars products are produced by Hasbro under license from Lucasfilm Ltd. Hasbro and all related terms are trademarks of Hasbro.

The blurb for her Black series figure, plus from the casting rumors, they;re calling for a Skywalker son, and a Solo Son, and daughter.
    My Avatar is from the marvrl Infinity series, and it looks like both Luke, and Mara are in the mini series.

Lucasfilm, I've heard is taking the TCW route, and putting the best characters from the post ROTJ EU, into a new continuity.
    I'm not the only one who thinks this, I have freiends in the entertainment trades, and that seems to be the consensus from what they've heard out of Disney/LFL. My mistake earlier with the Mara jade skywalker figure, was that they thought I was talking about vintage.

Abadacus likes this.
  11. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Is that actually on the package, or something else? I ask because the figure is carefully detailed to look like the Jade that worked for Karrde in TTT.

12. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    the blurb is from the Black Series package.

13. Tarsier

Jul 31, 2005
    Good article! Am I correct in my understanding that the "Zahn's Jade" section refers only to Allegiance and Choices, and TTT and HoT were lumped in with "Bantam's Mara Jade"? Either way, I agree with you wholeheartedly that smuggler Mara is the best! I also agree that Mara was never a true bad guy, even though it seems like some of the Del Rey authors wanted to say she was.

Are you talking about this figure?
    [​IMG]

Because it looks to me like Emperor's Hand Mara, though what was quoted says Jedi Knight Mara. At any rate, I'll be interested if they come up with a representation of Mara that doesn't involve a catsuit.....

14. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
  15. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    It does look like Luke and Mara. But 'Luke' has yellow eyes, and 'Mara' has blue ones. Either the artist messed up, or it's just a coincidence that they look like Luke/Mara.

16. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    it's probably an artists mistake.

17. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Yes.

Minus the darker color and hood accessory(as well as the new sculpt) it is essentially the same figure that has already been produced twice. Both of which used the Thrawn Trilogy Comics Mara for the inspiration. I'd like to think that Mara Jade as a Jedi Knight wouldn't have that same look.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Tarsier

Jul 31, 2005
    Okay, thanks. Good to see they are really pushing the creative boundaries with her outfits. :p Seriously though, I like to think Mara had more than skin-tight black leather in her wardrobe throughout her life.... Are the Thrawn trilogy comics where all this began? I sure don't remember the books mentioning a lot of leather. Certainly not enough for it to become her defining feature (after red hair, of course).

Robimus likes this.
  19. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    Why do you think we're getting so much Mara Jade product lately?

We have the Black Series figure
    The ArtFx statue
    The Limited edition HerUnivese shirt
    The shout out from the Marvel Infinity mini series
    She's in the Edge of the Empire RPG game

Why all this product for Mara Jade, when she is dead in the current EU?
    Why would Disney/LFL Licensing approve all this when they are focusing on Rebels, Episode seven, and the rest of TCW merchandise.
    No other EU character is getting all this, and why the younger Mara Jade, and not the older Mara Jade Skywalker

could she be returning to the EU, as we move closer to the ST, and Rebels.
    We are seeing an Inquisitor in Rebels, could Mara Jade, as an Emperor's Hand appear as well?

20. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    hmmm....maybe they will override her death and have her in Episode 7

madman007 likes this.
  21. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007

[​IMG]

Abadacus likes this.
  22. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Everything we are seeing now was likely approved prior to Disney's buying the ranch. For instance the Mara 'Black' figure was a holdover from the Vintage line that never found it way onto store shelves last year.

23. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    they could have easily cancelled the figures, they've done so before, and Kathleen Kennedy, and Pablo Hidalgo were working on the films, and the story group long before the sale to Disney, and the announcement of the sale, and new movies. also they're not bound to follow EU storylines.

'Depending on if they want a girlfriend, or wife for Luke Skywalker, all the writers have to do is go to the Holocron, and their she is..

also the figure you're thinking of is the NJO Mara Jade Skywalker

Disney/LFL could have easily said no to all that merchandise, and waited for a hypothetical, replacement character, and not lost a dime.

24. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    The figure is one in the same.

They simply never developed the fan choice NJO Mara to be any different from her previous figures.

I'm also not sure how they wouldn't have lost a dime not using a mold that the paid to have produced. If they have less toys to put out then they have less toys to sell, so on. Yes, the could have chosen to not use the figure at all, sure, but I doubt it has any real bearing on the Sequel Trilogy coming out. Disney bought LFL - LFL had a lot of ongoing projects that just kept going, alongside the few that got dropped..

There is no real reason to think the recent Mara merch has anything to do with her being in the ST. If it does that's great, I will be happy. But I don't think we should read too much into it.

25. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    Rob, I respect your opinion, I'm going to open a conversation with you

Robimus likes this.