main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Mara Jade Skywalker Fan club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Jedi_Liz, Dec 27, 2002.

1. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Hello everyone, I have a question. Since it's been so long since I read NJO I don't remember what I am about to ask you. How did Mara handle her pregnancy throughout the NJO series? Was she a typical pregnant female with mood changes or did being a Jedi allow her to be able to control such things? Also was she in the thick of fighting or did she stay away and just take care of herself for the baby's sake? Was her birth painful or was she able to call on the force to aid her?

Sorry for all the questions but I will be RPing a Jedi who is pregnant and I wanted to know how to do it in a more realistic way for a Jedi. That being said Mara is the only Jedi I know who was pregnant and was chronicled on how she handled it.

Kato Sai likes this.
  2. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Mara Jade is a great example of pregnant Jedi. Another is Bastila Shan, you might look her up too to cross reference information about Jedi pregnancies.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  3. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Yeah i read the Wookie on both Mara and Bastila but it doesn't give enough insight on their pregnancies. Which is why only people who have read the books on Mara would be able to tell me what the Wookie can not. So any help would be great. :)

4. CarpeDiemRedhead

CarpeDiemRedhead Jedi Padawan

Jul 17, 2014
    I did a pregnant Mara cosplay once and must have skimmed through Edge of Victory: Rebirth a dozen times while doing so. I can't say much for her early pregnancy, but her circumstances were unique in her last month because she relapsed due to the synthetic coomb spore antidote reacting badly with the fetus . So in addition to usual pregnancy symptoms (hunger and fatigue are mentioned) she also lost weight, skin and eyes yellowed, etc.

So if you're doing a pregnant Jedi, I really don't know that there would be much a difference. Maybe frequent meditation to bond with the fetus/reduce pain? Mara relied on that quite a bit during labor....

5. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    [​IMG]

I know we a talking about Mara's Pregnancy, but I found this while looking through images. I remember when I first saw it. I was elated that Mara and Luke were getting married. :)

6. SithLordDahlia

SithLordDahlia Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2014
    Greetings, Comrades!

I would like some help with figuring out the Force Abilities and Skills of Mara Jade as the Emperor's Hands. The reason why I'd like this information is so that I can use it to create a very close replica in games like Kotor and TOR.

To my knowledge: She's mainly a Sith Assassin/Operative

Throw Saber
    Force Speed
    Force Push
    Stealth (Force Camouflage)
    Computer Use
    Repair?
    Persuade (maybe by Force at times)
    Fear?
    Blaster Pistol and Lightsaber Specialization
    Medium/Light Armor
    Force Jump?
    Jedi Defence
    Awareness
    Sniper

Hardly heard of her using Force powers that weren't self-cleansing. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Bardan Edit: This discussion would best be held in the Mara Jade Fanclub. Threads merged.

7. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    CFrom the children of the force aec in TCW to Vader's speech in Rebels., and the rest of the season, it looks like they will be putting Mara jade and the hands into the new Canon.

Abadacus likes this.
  8. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The hands, maybe. Mara - we'll have to wait and see.

9. Abadacus

Abadacus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2014
    God, I hope so. A character like her would give the current archetypes a much-needed shakeup. Kanan and Hera have their banter, but there are no real foils among the cast. The characters seem very non-dynamic and staged.
    Mara filling the narrative role of Sabine's "dark twin" so to speak could open up some really compelling arcs.

Iron_lord likes this.
  10. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    FCiloni seems to have been teasing it since season two od TCW, and we're bound to see the force sensitive
    children/teens, who accep the inquisitor's offer of traing, and that's a perfect way to bring in Mara.

Iron_lord likes this.
  11. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012

Even if the story diverges radically after ROTJ - the idea of some of the character's story pre-ROTJ remaining intact, appeals.

12. Darth Butkus

Darth Butkus Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2015
    If Mara is introduced in Rebels I think it strongly hints that Luke was married to her in the new canon as well, and then she died somehow. Even if she doesn't show in any films, just give me the story that she existed and was married to Luke at some point and I'm good with this ST.

13. Huttslime

Huttslime Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 1, 2015
    She's a reasonably skilled duelist inbetween holding her own against Corran Horn in a duel (Dark tide), beating high tier Vong (Yomin Carr, Nom Anor), and even holding her own against Darth Caedus (with circumstances involved mainly laying traps on Kavan). I'd put her on par with guys like Darth Malgus in terms of skill, as a character her willingness to focus on rationality and doing what needs to be done puts her as being more pragmatic than most other NJO Jedi.

Iron_lord likes this.
  14. Abadacus

May 4, 2014
    wsk, madman007 and Iron_lord like this.
  15. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    They could end up remaking/reimaging the character. Thrawn(or a generic Chiss that is really Thrawn like in but name lol) came close to being used as Agent Kallus, and that Sana Solo could be a remake of Salla Zend then it could lend some credence to the Zahn/Jade inspired character rumored to debut on Rebels in season 2. Just saying. Personally I'd prefer Jade and Thrawn than a remake of either. Mysteries of the Sith game I always enjoyed.

16. NorseSith

NorseSith Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2015
    I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but in the second part of the Thrawn-trilogy (Dark Force Rising) there's a small moment where she uses the Force choke.

17. Abadacus

May 4, 2014
    I can't say I would want to see Abrams or Filoni get anywhere near Zahn's characters normally, but it seems like pretty much that or nothing, now. Sigh.

wsk likes this.
  18. deneuves

deneuves Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    I think they either use Mara Jade as everyone knows her (redhead, green eyes, emperors hand) or they don't use her at all. To make a mish mash character would be confusing and please no one anyways.

Personally I feel Disney would be crazy not to use her in some way, very few characters have a strong built in fan base like hers.

wsk and Abadacus like this.
  19. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I hated the way Nom Anor treated her in NJO. I felt so bad for her, and I told my namesake who was pregnant about how she handled her pregnancy as an inspiration (i.e. to encourage her to be glad she didn't have to put up with this fictional nightmare in real life).

I second what Iron Lord and Lord Butkus were saying. If Disney would allow allusions of Mara and her story up to her wedding with Luke, that would be great. I adore her character. And Abadacus is right. Mara Jade would be great in Rebels.

Abadacus likes this.
  20. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    It is with great sorrow that we shall not see Mara Jade in this new trilogy. I surmise are best chance of Mara being on the big screen is a spin off.

21. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    It's probably been 10 or more years since I've posted in this thread...

It's sad to look back and realize that there was a time when Mara's story was still evolving, for better or for worse. I stopped reading after the NJO (blech) but it was still fun to follow how Mara was being treated (or mostly mistreated). :_|

22. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

I love their relationship.

23. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    [​IMG]

I have this issue of issue 4 of Union with what I was told either a rare or just an alternate cover. Much better than the rendering of the group cover. Mara looked a bit creepy in that one.

24. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    The alternate is definitely an improvement! Thanks for sharing madman007 !

25. Annia Piet

Annia Piet Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    I've never seen tat version before either, really nice image of them! Thanks for sharing :)