main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Return of The Topic of the Week.....Feb 24th - March 3rd

Discussion in 'Archive: Jacksonville, NC' started by cinemafreak, Feb 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cinemafreak

cinemafreak Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2002
    EP3: Mayew Also Signed for Sequel Trilogy?
    Wed, Jan 14, 04 05:10:30 PM EST

Rob tells us that the December 2003 issue of the British movie mag HOTDOG has just hit the stands here in the U.S. and found several cool Star Wars related things. In particular, on page 12, here's this possibly amazing passage:
    "No wonder Peter "Chewbacca" Mayhew is smiling. Not only has he been rescued from obscurity and given the chance to reprise his role as our Wookiee comrade for Episode III, but his contract also stipulates that he'd be required to appear in Episodes 7, 8, and 9.
    Yes folks, seems there are actual whispers at Lucasfilm that the 'sequel' trilogy might be in the works..."

This has been debunked, but what if it is true?

What would you like to see covered in a new trilogy?
    Who would be involved?

2. Jainalover

Jainalover Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    I would like to see a new trilogy based on the NJO era. Anna Paquin could play Jaina Solo along with some guy playing Jag. :)

3. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    X-Wing Series.

4. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    What Entropy said.

WEGDE IS KING!!!! Pilots should rule the galaxy.

5. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    The only thing I've ever seen Dennis Lawson in besides SW is a jewel heist movie with Emma Samms. But he was cool

6. JediKnight_Jerri

JediKnight_Jerri Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2002
    NJO of course.............................and................................

Nien Nunb w/a lightsaber ! ! ! :D

7. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    <Insert lurid joke about Nien Nunb's lightsaber here>

8. Jainalover

Jan 17, 2004
    Does anyone think Jedi Quest would make a cool series of TV Movies? :)

9. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    I haven't read the books, so I wouldn't know, but I'd be pretty happy to see any well made star wars show on TV.

Notice I said well made. :D

10. Jainalover

Jan 17, 2004
    True, not all Star Wars books or series are equal. I keep hearing about a live action series that will be more successful than the Clone Wars cartoon. TV films might be more feasible than big budgeted big screen movies as far as the future of Star Wars goes.

11. Jainalover

Jan 17, 2004
    But to get back on track here: The Thrawn trilogy could do well as a sequel trilogy as it comes closer to the original movies than anything else. :cool:

12. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    its seems closer than the prequels

13. Jainalover

Jan 17, 2004
    Agreed. Maybe Lucas should let Zahn write the next series. I heard somewhere that Lucas has said the Thrawn trilogy is canon. What do you know about this Cinemafreak?

14. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    Not a lot. Lucas has put some stuff in as Canon, but has also rejected and flat out contridicted what was once established as Canon. Stormtroopers are clones, plus other things that are yet to be decribed. Nathan Butler has a great explanation of Canon and the levels of Officiality at http://www.starwarsfanworks.com/chronoradio.html. Just look under the Special Edition link and look for the Canon Question.

I think that if Lucas did a sequal Trilogy, it would so violate the very thing that kept SW alive during the "Dark Ages" between Return and Phantom that he is going to stay away. None of the EU is HIS story. So I doubt he'd make it. But that's where the fans come into play. FanFilms and FanAudio are where the story lives on.

15. Jainalover

Jan 17, 2004
    Yes and one could argue that point a bit further by saying the prequels have contradicted quite a few things in the OT. My friends and I debate this all the time. What do you percieve as the main failing of the new films? I will look at the link you gave and get back with you. May the Force be with you, Master Cinemafreak. :cool:

16. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    The Flanneled One must not touch EU. It's needs to stay as is...unles he chooses to convert what is already written, and stay true to the stories (unless KJA wrote it, then he can do what he wants).

17. Jainalover

Jan 17, 2004
    The Thrawn trilogy could be realised rather well on the big screen I believe, but what about a trilogy based loosely on the NJO? Or a movie based on Survivor's Quest? I have been reading this new offering by the great Zahn and it is more like Star Wars than the NJO ever was. I also do not think the Jedi Academy series would do well as a series of movies. Thoughts anyone?

18. NienNunb1

NienNunb1 Jacksonville, NC FanForce VIP VIP

Nov 3, 2003
    Well of course there will be a trilogy eventually. The official word right now is that there will not. But remember.... they are allowed to change their minds... and probably will. Here's how I see it going down. George will have retired by then or doing his own projects. He will cast an eye over it all though and maybe exec. produce. Ron Howard will be chosen to direct being a trusted, experienced director, comfortable with effects, a good track record and familiar with all the Lucas legacy stuff (unless he turns it down and I get to direct instead).

Commander Nunb will be featured of course. We get to see him fly his own ship, the Sublight Queen, learn more about the spice mines and the Kessel run etc. Lando and Nien spend an awful lot of time together at the local rum bar and dining at fine restaurants. Oh and I cannot wait to hear about Yoda's secret love child! YEAHHHH!!!!!!...... No alimony on Degobah...... What else?.... luggage that floats of course so you don't have to carry the stupid stuff....
    .... okay, I'd pay ten bucks to see that!

19. Jainalover

Jan 17, 2004
    I would love-and pay- to see further adventures of the cool characters we met in Return of the Jedi. :D

20. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Who wouldnt want to see a drunk sullustan? :D Thats worth admission, right there!

Seriously, though, you think he would hand it over to Ron, before he would Spielberg?

21. NienNunb1

NienNunb1 Jacksonville, NC FanForce VIP VIP

Nov 3, 2003
    Spielberg wouldn't touch that stuff. He has too much ego for his own babies. Also he'll want to do generally more "serious" work or at least something he feels is more personal to him or pioneering. That's at least five plus years of someone's life to make 3 movies. I think another director would be more suited anyway. ;)

.....we shall see......

22. Jainalover

Jan 17, 2004
    I think Keira Knightley could do the role of Jaina Solo and have an adventure that brings in Luke, Lando and Commander Nunb. That could be a great movie idea right there. Especially as I have heard Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher do not want to be a part of Star Wars anymore.

23. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    well now JL. What contradictions have you found. I believe many things now in the dark will have light shed on them during the 2 hours of Ep 3.

Actually Nien, supposedly Spielburg (in all his Animaniac goodness) begged to direct ep 3. But then again, what do you know about Star Wars.

**thud** as the gauntlet falls to the floor.

I think Connery should be in it as a Master Luke (he'd finally not be whiney). Al Pacino as a Sith. And Johnny Depp as Yoda (he seems to have a lot of depth lately)

24. Jainalover

Jan 17, 2004
    True, Lord Cinemafreak, Episode 3 will likely provide many long sought answers to the percieved flaws in the two prequels already released. A lot of folks are hung up on a young Anakin who has not yet proven himself worthy of the praise Old Ben gives him in the original Star Wars.

25. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    I think they should sign Keira Knightley, Johnny Depp, and Orlando Bloom and make "Pirates of the Hapian Cluster".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.