main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Return to Bolis Island (post-LOTF, J/J wedding!!: Solos, Fels, and more) updated November 10

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TKeira_Lex, Dec 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TKeira_Lex

TKeira_Lex Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2004
    Title: Return to Bolis Island
    Author: T?Keira Lea & Darth Lex
    Timeframe: post-LOTF
    Characters: Jagged Fel, Jaina Solo, Han & Leia Solo, Soontir & Syal Fel, Luke Skywalker
    Genre: Romance, Action, Mayhem
    Keywords: J/J
    Notes: sequel to TKL?s Wingman
    Summary: Shortly after Invincible, Jaina and Jag finally get their Union.

Disclaimer: Lucasfilm owns all the rights to Star Wars. We don?t. No infringement is intended or profit to be made by us.

This is a story of the wedding of Jaina Solo and Jagged Fel, set shortly after Legacy of the Force: Invincible. [face_love]

We decided to write Return to Bolis Island as a sequel to TKL?s recently finished story Wingman, so occasionally there will be references to developments in that story in the backstory for this one. Nevertheless, RBI should stand on its own. (But of course we think you should read Wingman if you haven?t already! :p )

Yes, there will be plenty of romance ? but expect the usual Star Wars mayhem, as well. The original plot bunny for this story came from the notion of giving Jaina and Jag (finally!) their version of the wonderful Luke-Mara wedding story in the comic Union. [face_love] With a twist of The Incredibles thrown in there, too. [face_mischief] And how could two pilots get married without a dose of shenanigans worthy of Wes Janson? [face_laugh] (Or even Janson himself! :eek: )

We update RBI once a week, on Thursdays.

Enjoy! :D

RETURN TO BOLIS ISLAND

Teaser Trailer

The Fox Logo appears and fades. The Lucasfilm Logo appears and fades. The haunting theme ?Across the Stars? begins as a series of images appears simultaneously with spoken words.

Anakin Skywalker (voiceover): From the moment I met you, all those years ago?

In The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide: Ruin, Jagged Fel, dressed in a crisp black Imperial uniform with red piping, steps off the dais of the Tafanda Bay?s reception hall. The crowd parts before him, and he bows respectfully to the young Jedi Knight Jaina Solo. He offers a greeting. She blinks, then smiles.

Anakin Skywalker (voiceover): ? not a day has gone by when I haven?t thought of you.

In The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force, Jaina waits on a frozen plain as a clawcraft spirals down for a textbook-perfect landing. As Jag climbs from the cockpit, she fidgets impatiently. Once his feet hit the ground, the young couple hold each other?s gazes. She grins before sprinting into his waiting arms.

Padmé Amidala (voiceover): I can?t. We can?t. It?s just not possible.

In Dark Nest: The Swarm War, a pair of Stealth-X starfighters pursue a clawcraft through the upper atmosphere above the clouds of the planet Tenupe. When the Jedi craft open fire, the Chiss fighter plummets into the Clawcraft Spin, a deadly whirling torrent of cannonfire.

Anakin Skywalker (voiceover): And now that I?m with you again, I?m in agony.

In Legacy of the Force: Exile, Jaina enters the main corridor of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. A taller figure shrouded in a dark cloak approaches from the opposite direction. They pass, then stop. Jaina turns, but the cloaked man does not. A moment later, he vanishes outside into the night.

Anakin Skywalker (voiceover): The thought of not being with you ? I can?t breathe.

In Legacy of the Force: Invincible, bloodied and battered, Jaina cradles the corpse of Darth Caedus in her lap in the disposal pit of the Anakin Solo. Jag rushes over to her and drops to kneeling, hurriedly injecting her with a stimshot. He takes her hand, and after a moment she looks up at him.

The music transitions into the love ballad ?Han Solo and the Princess.?

Announcer (voiceover): This winter, join the co-authors of The Courtship of Jagged Fel[/color

2. TKeira_Lex

Jun 27, 2004
    STAR WARS:
    Return to Bolis Island

Getting married.
    Meet me at Bolis Island.

~ Jaina Solo

Prologue

Outside the Millennium Falcon?s viewport the lines of hyperspace swirled in their timeless pattern. Feet kicked up on the control board, Han Solo stared ahead, trying to find mindless comfort in the lights? familiar dance. Try as he might, the aging star pilot couldn?t shake the uncomfortable tingling deep in his gut. Years of trusting that strange feeling made him edgy, sure chaos and life-or-death struggle awaited him at any moment. Han straightened in his chair and began checking the ship?s systems in a ritual that was usually rote.

Amazingly, every system ? weapons, engines, shielding, hyperdrive ? scored solidly within optimal operational parameters. Glancing at the navcomputer, he verified the countdown timer: just under ten minutes to reversion. With nothing in need of a quick tweak, Han found he couldn?t resist the urge to fish out a worn flimsy that hadn?t left his possession since Leia had passed it to him just the day before.

Peeling it open, he stared at the words. The same degree of shock still registered upon reading them again.

?The words aren?t going to magically change if you stare at them long enough.? Leia placed a comforting hand on Han?s shoulder before lowering gracefully into the co-pilot?s chair.

?You?re sure this isn?t a forgery?? Han tapped the flimsy on the palm of his hand.

?Perhaps it?s an Imperial trap.?

His wife?s words were wrapped in sincerity, yet Han still felt compelled to look for that same sentiment in her expression. The lines around the corners of her eyes were crisper than normal, and there was that twinkle?

?You?re mocking me.?

?I?d never presume to mock a galactic war hero.?

?Since when??

Leia fiddled with a few buttons at her station. ?Come now. Do you really think the new Grand Moff would sanction a plot to entrap the parents of his son?s future wife ??

?That?s just it, though. Don?t you think it?s odd, this sudden change of leadership? Jag?s out; his father?s in. Not just in, but declares himself Grand Moff. And no sign of Jaina publicly amid all that political upheaval on Bastion.?

?From what I can glean from the intelligence reports, the transition of power happened with little or no uproar. It appears Jag?s assignment all along was to gain influence in the Remnant in order to facilitate an eventual coup by the Empire of the Hand.?

Han threw up his hands. ?So you?re saying we?ve been played by our daughter?s future husband for the better part of a decade. And this doesn?t trouble you in the slightest??

?I?m saying that?s what?s in the reports.? Leia leaned back nonchalantly in her seat.

?You?re not buying it.?

?I?d never admit as much, of course. Except in the presence of exceedingly handsome Corellian galactic heroes.? Shifting forward, she closed the distance between them. ?But yes, I think there is more to the story.?

?Well, I have a bad feeling about this.?

?The only bad feeling you have, Han, is letting go of your little girl.?

He opened his mouth to protest, and hesitated. Leia, the woman who could read between the lines with cunning accuracy, showed no outward concern about a preposterous turn of events over the past few days. In fact, she appeared more content than he recalled her being in? well, a long time. And the only duplicity she suspected seemed to be in motives of her husband.

No, he was right about this. Too many things didn?t add up. It was just two short months since Jaina had fought Caedus. Even in happier times, she had resisted commitment to a marriage. After this, she would want time to recover emotionally and physically. And Jag, he hadn?t pressed Jaina for a relationship over the past years. In fact, the couple had barely renewed their love affair before Jaina had run off to train with Boba Fett. They both needed time. Unless?

?Fel?s forcing this upon them. That ha

3. lurker2209

lurker2209 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2005
    This looks fun. I didn't realize it would be a sequel to Wingman when I saw the trailer, but I like this, since I wanted to know what happened after Wingman anyways. It's interesting that you're bringing us into the story from Han's perspective. Can't wait to see what insanity ensues. And angsty flashbacks, right? I love angsty flashbacks, especially when I know everyone is much happier in the present.

As for that last exchange between Han and Leia, O my! (Since Threepio doesn't seem to be there to say it.)

ETA: wow, how did I end up being first?

4. NightSword

NightSword Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 25, 2008
    Second!!!

Yay! :) I saw the trailer for this a while ago at the Cantina, and I'm glad to see that it's started.

I love it! Can't wait for more.

5. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    Good to see this finally arrive!
    I like the perspective from Han that something's up with this. It gives the story a different flavour.

6. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    My favorite part!

=D= This looks like it'll be great fun!!=D= Can't wait for the hijinks to ensue!

7. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Han the protective father [face_laugh]

Csn't wait for more :D

8. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    And it's only just begun!

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

I'm sure this will be a fun ride! :cool:

9. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Nice start.

The banter as usual was spot on.....

10. carr3107

carr3107 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2008
    I loved the influence of the escape from the Death Star in the opening sequence. The start of many good things?

Leia is not fooled, even if Jaina is doing things at hyperspeed. Han must really be distracted. He's seen enough Antilles plans in action that he should see this one.

I like that Jaina just seems so happy and whole here.

Also, whose uniform is Jag wearing? I like the visual by the way.

11. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Awww, this is lovely so far. Can't wait for more!

12. jaina-Fett

jaina-Fett Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 11, 2008
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! A sequel. I can't wait for more updates. Can you add me to the pm list if you have one? :D

13. TKeira_Lex

Jun 27, 2004
    Good afternoon!

Thanks for all the great replies. Glad to see everyone enjoying the sequel to Wingman.

lurker2209: This looks fun. I didn't realize it would be a sequel to Wingman when I saw the trailer, but I like this, since I wanted to know what happened after Wingman anyways.
    Ah yes one of the reasons I didn?t feel compelled to give Jaina?s answer at the end of Wingman.

It's interesting that you're bringing us into the story from Han's perspective.
    For some reason Han?s POV was a no-brainer. Jaina?s his daughter so he would be affected the most by this momentous occasion. We already know Jaina and Jag?s thoughts on the matter so this outside perspective just worked.

Can't wait to see what insanity ensues.
    What insanity :p [face_batting]

And angsty flashbacks, right? I love angsty flashbacks, especially when I know everyone is much happier in the present.
    No Splinters type flashbacks in this. In fact, surprising little angst.

NightSword: Yay! I saw the trailer for this a while ago at the Cantina, and I'm glad to see that it's started.
    So are we :D A little something special for the holiday season.

I love it! Can't wait for more.
    Thanks! More on Thursday.

Solo_and_Fel: Good to see this finally arrive!
    Better late than never! We had the best of intentions to get this out in September but then I was like ?stay and write fanfic or go to the Med?? I went to the Med :p

I like the perspective from Han that something's up with this. It gives the story a different flavour.
    Well someone?s got to keep the cynicism in the game ;)

Jag4Me: My favorite part!
    I just had to keep Troy?s playful H/L escapades in the mix. [face_devil]

This looks like it'll be great fun!! Can't wait for the hijinks to ensue!
    You think hijinks are fun! [face_laugh] So do we!

Chimpo: Han the protective father
    Always, even when his little girl can take out Sithlords.

oldjedinurse: I'm sure this will be a fun ride!
    We aim to please :D

jade51999: The banter as usual was spot on.....
    Oh glad you liked the banter. We both really enjoy writing that :)

carr3107: I loved the influence of the escape from the Death Star in the opening sequence. The start of many good things?
    Of course ;)

I like that Jaina just seems so happy and whole here.
    Probably not whole, but definitely happy. Then again from where she was close to whole is a fabulous state to be in.

Also, whose uniform is Jag wearing? I like the visual by the way.
    Glad you noticed. It?s not Imperial, with all the other gray around. My intention was to show there was still some division between the Hand and the Remnant and/or Chiss. Namely Jag?s not taking the Remnant uniform. But whose exactly does he have on?

Sticks: Awww, this is lovely so far. Can't wait for more!
    Thanks so much :D

jaina-Fett: YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! A sequel.
    Wow! The enthusiasm makes me grin :D

Again thanks for all the replies. We?ll be updating on Thursdays regularly. If you'd like to see a teaser, venture on over to the Cantina.

~T'Keira@};-

14. angry_bendu1

angry_bendu1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2007
    For once in our lives, we deserve too easy.

Amen to that, sister.[face_plain]

And that's what's gonna happen, right? No bad stuff?

Right?[face_worried]

RIGHT?!:mad:

Uh, ahem. Sorry.[face_blush] I'm having Wingman flashbacks to my almost-heart attack there at the end...[face_laugh]:p

Looks absolutely fabulous, though! I'll be eagerly awaiting the next post![face_peace]

15. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    This looks to be lots of fun! :D Looking forward to more!

16. TKeira_Lex

Jun 27, 2004
    Good evening!

Catching up on replies before tomorrow morning's post...

angry_bendu1: Amen to that, sister.
    And that's what's gonna happen, right? No bad stuff?
    Right?
    RIGHT?!

Oh come on. It's us, right? [face_devil]

Uh, ahem. Sorry. I'm having Wingman flashbacks to my almost-heart attack there at the end...
    [face_laugh] It wasn't that bad, was it?

Looks absolutely fabulous, though!

Auntie: This looks to be lots of fun! Looking forward to more!
    We aim to please with what's to come. I'm pretty sure it will be lots more fun :D

See y'all back here tomorrow [:D]

~T'Keira

17. Solo_and_Fel

Apr 19, 2004
    TKL, I cannot blame you for making that choice. :)

18. TKeira_Lex

Jun 27, 2004
    Chapter One

The hovercraft?s open deck offered a panoramic vista of their destination. Seven kilometers of pristine white beaches rose up from the brilliant aquamarine water of Maramere?s ocean. Long a prosperous resort world, it wasn?t until after Palpatine?s death that an enterprising firm had found the most profitable niche of all. And so Bolis Island was created, an artificial island built within the Konstructor Reef. Its crowning jewel, the Grand Hotel, a spectacular tower jutting from the island?s center, reached into the clouds.

Access to the island was restricted, making the resort an ideal setting for celebrities, tycoons, and assorted VIPs to relax far from public scrutiny. Arrivals occurred exclusively at a single berthing terminal ten kilometers from the island. After the Falcon had been safely docked and their luggage gathered, Leia and her family, accompanied by an oversized complement of Imperial security agents, had boarded the hovercraft and begun their ride to Bolis Island.

Despite the beauty of the view, Leia?s eyes kept roaming back to steal occasional glances at the young woman seated to her left.

In her heart, Leia felt Jaina?s happiness, but that had been a steadily growing truth over the course of the past couple of weeks. Each passing day had revealed more layers of bliss, like the awakening of a spring day, within the special bond Leia shared with her daughter. But catching a glimpse of Jaina?s joy, that was a priceless treasure Leia could tuck away in her chest of memories. Right now, she wanted to be sure she had the image locked up exactly right.

Jaina glanced over, one hand brushing aside the short brown curls blown over her eyes. ?Mom, everything okay??

Leia opened her mouth to say any number of things, but the roar of the engines coupled with the howl of the wind made it impossible to offer more than a simple, ?Yes.?

Soon enough they arrived at the dock. Hotel attendants gathered the luggage and hostesses greeted the new guests. After a brief registration process, Han and Leia stood with keycards in hand. Leia faced the lobby expecting to wade back into the swarm of Imperials, but aside from a handful of hotel staff, only Jaina and Jag remained, sitting quietly on a loveseat in a secluded corner. Jaina fingered a button on Jag?s jacket, while he bent close to whisper something in her ear. She blushed, then stole a quick kiss.

Rocking impatiently on the balls of his feet, Han cleared his throat. ?She?s wearing a dress.?

For the first time, Leia noted the incongruity with Jaina?s usual attire, but that was probably because their daughter actually appeared comfortable in her clothes. ?Yes, she is. I think she looks quite lovely. Don?t you??

?I think she looks like something the Empire molded,? her husband huffed.

Leia was about to insist she sensed no duress from Jaina when the young lovers noted the registration process was completed. In a flash they were heading across the lobby.

?All set?? Jaina asked with a smile. Han held up the pair of keycards in response. ?Perfect. You?re in the Alderaan Suite, one floor below ours. I figured Dad would prefer less Imperial interference for his comings and goings. I hope that?s okay with you??

?What? They got you two locked up tight in between appearances?? Han tried to keep the cynicism from his voice, and failed miserably.

?All precautionary, sir.? To his credit, Jag answered respectfully. ?I think you?d agree that it?s critical we maintain a smooth transition - for the good of the Empire and the good of the galaxy.?

?Of course,? Leia said as her elbow bumped sharply into Han?s ribs. ?We all want that.?

?So,? Jaina said, ?we were planning a light lunch for your arrival. But if you would prefer to take some time to settle in we can push lunch back.?

Leia glanced over at Han and they nodded in unison. ?Let?s eat.?

Jag stepped back and swept his arm toward a pair of towering doors at the lobby?s west end. ?This way, then.?

Past the doors they entered an

19. TelannaTani

TelannaTani Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2005
    Ooh - am I really first?

Fantastic! :D

Well, I did a quick re-read of Wingman yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to find the sequel! This certainly looks like it's going to be a blast (of course, the Solos and Fels together always is!)!

I love seeing Jaina so happy - and the Solo family together and laughing. They certainly do deserve their happiness. I love the way you describe the easy relationship that Jag & Jaina have fallen into. So welcome after such a long journey!

Why do I get the feeling it won't last for long in this story?? [face_worried]

Oh, that's right - your trailer. :p

Great to see the beginnings of the Imperial Mission forming, but that made me think - where is Allana at this point? I suppose we didn't see much of her in Wingman, so is she staying somewhere or will we see her soon?

So glad to see more collaboration from you two. It warms the heart on a snowy day!:D

Voz

edits: Forgot my own comments and had to add on...

20. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    It's a good thing Syal & Leia are there, or Han & Soontir would really get in to trouble! :p

21. Solo_and_Fel

Apr 19, 2004
    I like the symbiosis of Jag and Jaina's relationship here. Plus, I heart Fels. :)

22. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    That is quite a guest list.
    Excellent!

23. carr3107

carr3107 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2008
    Two Thousand People? Three days?

No problem for Jaina and the Super!Moms.

Jaina's not wasting any time is she?

Loved the update.

24. angry_bendu1

angry_bendu1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2007
    ?I guess I made the consequences for breaking the promise too tempting.?

[face_laugh] Yep. When you say "punishment", men always think... uh, punishment.:rolleyes::p

Great job!=D= And I agree... three days?! A whirlwind wedding, we'll have to see what hilarity ensues.:p

25. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    Oh, this is going to be a lot of fun. Three days to plan a wedding with over two thousand guests?

This is going to get very interesting...

Can't wait for more!

Draco.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.