main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Returning to Star Wars CCG

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Jirin_Raman, May 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    I used to play the SW CCG quite often, then quit a few years back when my friends who I played with either moved away, or just quit altogether. While doing some reshuffling/reorganizing a few weeks ago (in preparation for 4/23/02), I came across my CCG stuff. I dusted it off and began going through it once again. I was overcome with a nostalgic feeling. Upon talking to the remaining friend of mine that I used to play with, we decided to begin playing again. I've searched around on Ebay in an effort to bolster my collection with the later expansions (when we played, we only had Premiere, ANH, Dagobah, Cloud City, and Hoth)I've noticed that the prices have dropped quite a bit since I last played. I am sure it is due to the expiration of the Decipher licenese. I ask of you CCG vets:

Can anyone recommend some online sites to get CCG product?? (Other than Ebay, of course)

I thank you in advance for helping me out.

2. pinbstr300

pinbstr300 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    if you need stuff to bolster your collection I can definately help you out. cheap rares can be found at http://www.addictive-behaviors.com/

send me a PM if you want to work something out...I have a couple thousand unsorted commons/uncommons from reflections boxes I can get to you...and I have tons of rare stuff too...just let me know what you would like...

if you need to find a particular I have found this site helpful
    http://www.jandatonline.com/work/swccg/swccg_search.html

just PM or email me and we can work something out

--C
    pinbstr9@optonline.net

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Dealer booths at Celebration 2 had some great deals going (black border Dagobah, Hoth and ANH boxes for $30, various Reflection boxes for $40, EPP packs for $2) but I don't think any of those i saw have online sites.

4. Young_Ben

Young_Ben Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2001
    Gee, pinbstr300, I been lookin' for cheap SWCCG cards, so I looked at this site you mentioned, and said that it has cheap rares...you weren't jokin' when you say cheap.

5. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    (I didn't want to start a new thread that could possibly be redundant, so I dug up this old thread to post this in)

It has been a little over a month now since I returned to the SW CCG with DarksiderGeorge. Since returning, besides the card boxes we had stashed in the closets, we picked up a bundle of Premiere mains from his brother for a fair price, and, in the past week, a box of Death Star II. I wanted to comment about the distribution of the DS II cards. We had expected to come away with hardly anything, seeing how in the past it was hard to get some of the mains in the boosters. Well, here's just a sampling of what we came away with in our 36 boosters:

Emperor Palpatine
    Lord Vader
    Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight
    Flagship Executor
    Home One
    General Calrissian
    Flagship Operations
    Accuser
    Ten Numb
    Home One: War Room (x2)
    Defiance

The thing that stood out most for us was getting both 'UR' cards in the same box. The Luke came out in the 3rd pack we opened, while Palpy reared his head in the 2nd to last pack that we ripped open. It brought quite the smile to our faces, seeing how I've heard so much about these 2 being so hard to find.

If you bought a box of boosters from DS II, what was your experience??

6. FlamingSword

FlamingSword Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    I think you got quite a good catch out of that DSII box :) Better than anything I got out of it.

If you're still looking for cards here are some places you could go

STARS Alliance - A good trading organization

Grand Slam Sports Cards - The place I used to order cards from all the time. One of the cheapest around.

Potomac Distribution - Pretty good prices for cards, but I've only ordered once from here

I have more links, but those are the best I know of. Also, I haven't bought any cards since last fall since most of my money gets sucked into my tuition right now. I still trade to get the cards I want though :)

7. DarthJago

DarthJago Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2000
    I've got tons of cards I need to sell. Commons, Uncommons, or Rares. If you are interested, talk to me.

8. Master-Chip

Master-Chip Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2002
    First of all, that Addictive Behaviors place is cheap for singles.

As for packs and boxes try these:

http://www.potomacdist.com
    (some normal prices, some low, free shipping $100 minimum order)

http://www.wholesalegaming.com/#
    (some great deals, some decent, you pay shipping, no minimum)

ebay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.