main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Reunion L/M AU

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by newdawn12, Jun 27, 2013.

1. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    Ch 1 This srory comes out of Ch 22 of "Alter of Waru" by Jedi_Lover"
    It is also based on Ch 1, of my Fanfic "A New Start"
    This time following the older Luke Skywalker
    Please leave reviews, and suggestions
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...sion-of-1st-alternate-ending-posted.50003217/

46 ABY

Luke climbed out of the dark side cave, and he had no idea what had happened.

The mossy swamp smelled the same, he could hear, and see the life that thrives on the

marshy, dank swamp of Dagobah. He'd been looking for a new path after his retirement as

head of the Jedi Order, seeing worlds that he had never had the chance to see during the wars

he had fought, and after the losses,

he'd experienced, his mother Padme who he only knew from Artoo, and his family on Naboo,

his Aunt, and Uncle who had raised him with love, His masters Obi Wan, and Yoda, friends, his

nephews, and his beloved wife Mara.

Something in the force called for attention, a familiar presence, that was slowly emerging as if

from a slumber, he followed it, and went deeper into the swamp, where he saw a blue light slowly

coalesce into a being of color, as if a body was fading out of the Force,but then as he moved

closer to the body laying on the marshy ground, he saw

his wife Mara Jade Skywalker and he could sense confusion, and worry, so he reached out with

the Force, and he sent her his love.

Her mouth opened, with confusion "Luke, where am I? How did I get here?" She looked

puzzled,

"the last thing I remember was Jacen damaging my Stealthx, and I set course for kavan, I felt

dizzy, and the next thing I know, I'm here, Luke where am I?"

Luke scanned her mind, she had no memory of dying, or of her time in the Netherworld, of the

Force. He knew she was not a clone, or a biot, this was his wife, as she was before her death.

He knew this would take time, and patience, he felt a joy, that he hadn't felt in two years, when

he had courted another Mara Jade, during an experience he still didn't understand. "Mara, take

my hand, and let's go to the shuttle." "alright, but I want to know exactly what happened."

Luke knew just where to take her.

After sixteen years, Chandrilla had been recovering well, after accepting thousands of

refugees from the Vong war, The Squilla still roamed the cities, the Crystal Canyons

were again receiving visitors, Luke had made arrangements to stay at the Dacha of Mon

Mothma, the honored former leader of the New Republic, who had passed many years before.

It was on the shore of Lake Sah'ot. the people of Hanna were more than happy to open their

world to the former head pf the Jedi Order. He heard Mara looking around the shuttle,

her curiosity finally getting the better of her. "where's the Shadow, Artoo, and my Lightsaber?,

and why aren't we going to Coruscant?" "I'll tell you, when we get to the Dacha" Mara,

could feel him shielding his thoughts from her, and she had many questions for him, her

memories stopped when her Stealhx had been shot, and then nothing. She looked out of the

shuttle's viewport and saw the shining world of Chandrilla looking

beautiful against the darkness of space. "Why are we coming here, you've never been here

before?"

"Since I'm retired, I've been exploring, but Chandrilla, has a special charm for me." He retired,

Mara couldn't help wondering why, he looked older, with more scars then the last time she'd

seen him, which for her, it was yesterday. He'd been sleeping, and she'd written him her note.

2. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Oh very interesting to see it from this side, too! Mara's going to have slightly more than a million questions, I think!

3. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    Ch 2.

It was a beautiful morning at the Dacha, on Chandrilla, and you could hear the waves crashing, on the beach, as the sea birds, looked for prey in the waters,

of the lake, the green protocol droid was cooking a morning meal, of local breads, and native fruits of various textures, and colors, for the Skywalkers.

Mara woke up disheveled, disoriented, and feeling a little scared, how had she ended up on Dagobah, after her Stealthx, had been shot, Dagobah was many Lightyears from Kavan, and

what was Luke doing there?

what in the Force had happened to her, and why was Luke treating her so protectively?. She went to the fresher, to find it stocked with her favorite

toiletries, soaps, and bath oils, She knew Luke had arranged for some deliveries, the night before from Hanna, she also found some beautiful outfits, and she

knew it must have taken him all night to arrange all this. Luke Skywalker was sitting on the beach, contemplating fate, and the Force, and his wife's return,

when he noticed an Aing Tii monk approaching him. "greetings Master

Skywalker, I hope you appreciate our gift." "How did you bring her back?" "What you, and Jacen learned from us, is equal to one of your Padawans lifting a

pebble, we simply took a second of her life, and placed it in a Temporal force cocoon, till the time came, and time, and the force were at a special point."

"A special point?" "the dark side cave where you finally split with your counterpart from the alternate universe, you experienced, when he returned, we used

the hole to return Mara to this timeline, and since her body was living, and her Midi Chlorians functioned, her Force presence reintegrated itself with her

body.." "Luke found this incredible, the Aing ti had hidden this kind of power from the galaxy, and he felt like a he was back in Obi Wan's Hut hearing about the

Force for the first time" "Why?" "because Jacen requested it." "Jacen?, how" "A Jacen, not your Jacen, and we made a promise to him, before he left this

universe, that we would fix a mistake that his counterpart had made. we chose to fix a mistake,

and a loss that would not damage the timeline, she was needed on the other side to aid you in

your battle with Abeloth." with that, the monk vanished, as if he'd never been there.

The Aing Tii had left another gift, his scars, and aging from the past six years had vanished,

better than any Bacta treatment, or healing trance. He knew he'd have to tell her everything, it

would be like she had been in a coma, or as if she'd been frozen in Carbonaite. The Force still

had much to teach him, he'd learned much since his experience with the monolith, the year

before.

4. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    Ch 3

Mara Jade walked through the Dacha with her head held high, her back straight, and a look of determination on her face.

she wanted answers from her husband, she had questions, and she felt that he knew the answers in a tone she hadn't used in years, she yelled out.

"SKYWALKER!!!", what the kriff is going on?, and Luke rushed inside from the beach, looking at her with concern, and understanding, and he motioned to her

to sit down on the couch in the lounge. he looked solemn, and he explained to her, that to the galaxy she had been dead for six years. "I died?" "On Kavan, Love."

he explained to her, how Ben had found her body in the caverns, and how the rest of the family, and the Jedi, had felt her death. She looked down at her hands,

her eyes closed in thought, he then told her how Ben, Jaina, and Jag, had found the evidence pointing to Jacen. She felt pride in her son, and her apprentice for

what they had done, and she wondered where they were, and what they were doing. He told her about Jacen becoming "Darth Caedus". and the atrocities he had

committed, and he told her about how he had beheaded Lumiya, in revenge for her death, Mara felt deep concern for her husband

"oh Farmboy" she whispered, he told her about the defeat of Caedus, and Alema, the election of Daala, and he broke down his shields, and reopened

the Force bond", and then she slugged him "You kissed Callista, in front of our son!!!" I deserved that Love, I think I was under Abeloth's influence,

so I released her into the force." :I know that Luke, I was in your head, and so the Aing Tii brought me back?" "Yes"

"You courted me in another timeline?" "yep" "Husband mine, at least you did it right that time."

"The Jedi, don't need us anymore, Ben's an adult, i'm sure every Force sensitive in the galaxy will know I'm back."

"so" "let's go to the bedroom before the Sith decide to interrupt our retirement."

5. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    Ch 4.

Mara turned to her husband "what do we tell people, when they ask us how I'm here?" Luke pondered, no one except the Jedi

would believe, she had come back through an Aing Tii technique. "We could tell them you were cloned by the Hapans and given as a

retirement gift." Mara flung a pillow in his face, with the Force "then people will ask" "why didn't you get the younger model?". "I have a thing for the

older model" Luke smirked, and gave her a kiss "Farmboy, this is serious!!". Just then, a delivery droid, came in with a package, and Luke gave it to Mara tenderly, and she

slowly took it from his hands, and gently unwrapped it with her fingers, and as she opened it up slowly, inside was a Dai Bendu pendant, she hadn't seen in over

thirty six years. She bit her lip, and gently closed her eyes. "how?" "why?" "you know the answers to both, my love."

"We'll be going to the Jedi temple, on Coruscant tomorrow., he may be a twenty year old Jedi Knight, but I think Ben will

want to see his mother again." "For me, he was just a kid, my kid, when I went off to confront Lumiya, and Jacen by myself, Luke

I was an idiot for running after them, especially after lecturing you about facing Palpatine by yourself." "You already apologized to me, and Ben."

"I don't remember that." "You're probably not supposed to have any memories from the netherworld, we should concentrate, on making new ones."

With that they went to sit, on one of the lounges overlooking the lake, and wondering, what the days ahead would bring.

[

6. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    Ch 5

The shuttle ride to the Jedi Temple, took them a week, a week in which Mara Jade was becoming familiar with a changed galaxy, her kid was now a man,

and a Jedi Knight. Jaina had married Jag, and she had a great niece Allana Solo, she wondered how Han, and Leia would feel, since they probably knew she

had died hunting their son. She knew she had made the wrong decision, and she had underestimated him. She was grateful to the other Jacen,

for allowing her to return to her family, but she wondered why the Aing Tii had agreed, she knew she might never know the answer, and she was nervous

about seeing Ben again, he had lived six years without her, how would he feel about having his mother back in his life?.

Ben Skywalker was more nervous then he ever imagined, he would be, the last time, he had seen his mother was in the Lake of Apparitions,

when him, and his dad had gone beyond shadows, during the trouble with Abeloth, Kesh, and Krayt. He's felt his mothers return while working on the

Shadow's engines, but he'd shrugged it off, thinking he was wrong. He'd been fourteen when she died, and he had spent the night with her body, he'd forgiven

Jacen but even though he joked, and kept a good sense of humor, he still missed her, and according to his father, she had no memory

of the Netherworld of the Force, for her, it was a six year gap of memory. He wondered if she would want her Lightsaber, and the Shadow back?

what would she think of him, when she saw him. As the shuttle pulled into the hanger, Ben could feel the love, and worry, coming from his parents.

he knew he would never forget this day.

7. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    Okay, apparently I was having a blonde moment. (Which is okay since I am blonde. And I'd rather not call it a senior moment, not quite yet. LOL) I'm glad that Ben will see his Momma again!!! [face_love]

8. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    This just had me chuckling. I bet if I died and then came back from the dead my son's first question would probably be..."Does this mean you want your car back?" [face_laugh] And I am not joking.

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Delightful =D= A second chance :)

10. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    Ch 6.

Luke watched, as Mara rushed down the ramp to Ben, he was taller then her now, but

he could feel Ben's love, and excitement, as a big smile came on his face, and tears streamed down his face,

Mara said "My kid, My Ben", as she wrapped her arms around him, "now I have to look up to see you." Ben handed her, her old

lightsaber, but she gave it back. "I remember when your father gave this to me, after Wayland, I was planning on giving it to you,

when you became a Jedi Knight, consider it a gift from me, for all the Lifedays I missed, and I'm proud of you for taking care of the Shadow,

it's yours, I'm joining your father in retirement.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful =D= Glad Mara and Luke will be retiring. They've earned it :)

12. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    CH 7.

Mara Jade Skywalker settled into their apartment in the Jedi Temple, she had been surprised to find that

Luke, and Ben had kept all her clothes, and belongings in storage, from her flight suits, to her old holdout blaster.s

her husband, had even kept her jewelry, even a pair she had lost on the Shadow. the view from the apartment was incredible

Coruscant was as busy, as it ever was, and it was good to be home. She heard the door chime, and went to open it, on the other side was

her sister in law, Leia Organa Solo, "Hello Mara, is it really you?" "Leia> I need to apologize" "for what? going after Jacen?, when he killed you, a member

of his own family, when he chose the dark side, and fulfilled my greatest fear, when I was reluctant to have children. He was my son, and you were the one

who tried to stop him, I also know he would have killed any one of us, after he chose Lumiya over us." Mara knew that the family had been through pain while

she had been gone, exile, Abeloth, the lost tribe, and Krayt, Lando's mining troubles, the year before. She also felt Leia's grief over the loss of her sons, she had gone through all this to protect Ben,

after all. Mara couldn't help but feel a little survivor's guilt, why had she been brought back, and no one else, but the monk had told Luke that it was a one

time thing. So she took Leia in her arms, and they held each other, sharing their comfort, and grief. "So I hear you're a grandmother now?" "Yes, Allana. and

she's the best thing to come out of this mess, that, and Jaina's wedding" "I wish I could have been there." "Jaina thought you were with her in spirit."

"then maybe I was there, after all, but Jaina was the only one to know, this is going to be confusing." "Han felt the same way, after spending six months in

Carbonite."

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Lots of "catching up" to do; I can imagine it would be confusing.

14. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    It's got to be hard to pick up life after death. And a mother's love never dies. [face_love]

15. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    Ch 8.

Luke Skywalker, rushed up to his apartment, after catching up with Han, "Luke, I'm happy for you, and Ben, for having Mara

back, what the other Jacen did, was what I would have wanted our Jacen to do, but he wasn't seduced by the dark side, like your father,

he jumped right in, head first, and he tried to kill Leia, Me, and the Falcon, and what he did to kashyyyk, that was my home, when I was a boy, Chewie's family

was there." "Han, i don't blame you for what happened, but you and Leia, lost so much, Chewie, Anakin, Jacen, Jaina had to kill him, and now you have a

granddaughter, something I hope we have some day.I know Ben's still young, there was Vestara, and I know there's an attraction, between hum, and Seha.,

give it a few years, and Mara will want to spoil any grandchildren, we may have." "Luke, I can help her adjust to the time that she lost, I remember trying to

catch up, after hanging on Jabba's wall."

Luke walked into his apartment, and he saw Mara sitting, on an orange couch admiring the

view, he walked over, and gave her a long, passionate kiss he said wordlessly through their

bond. "I Love You", she stood up, and held him in a tight embrace, her head nuzzling into his

neck. "I found the note I wrote you, you preserved it?" "yes" "Why?" "It was the last message,

you gave me." "You're so sentimental, Farmboy" They sat down together leting their Force

presences mingle, sharing a bond that had been split six years earlier.

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Enjoyed the conversation between Han and Luke, they're true friends :) The L/M part squee! over mingling Force senses.

17. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    Ch 9

Luke, and Mara had broken in the new bed, the night before, Luke had had to request a larger bed, because after

she had died, he'd either used cots, or beds, only good for one person. He was relaxing, as he heard her in the fresher taking a long hot shower, part

of him wanted to join her, but the last time he'd had an experience like this with her had been when he'd traded places with his younger version, he wished he could

thank him for giving the other Jacen, the knowledge, to give him his Mara back. Mara Jade was exhausted, her husband, had never been so

insatiable before, but then, she realized, that she had been gone for six years, once again, she

wished, she hadn't gone chasing after two Sith Lords,

but she was back now, through a gift of the Force, and she would make the most of it, they did

have a lot of catching up to do, and many nights to make up for.

Gemma and Nyota's Heart like this.
  18. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    Ch 10

Jaden Korr walked up to the Skywalker apartment with a little surprise for the Skywalkers, a five year old girl with red hair was walking behind him.

He wondered how her mother would feel about this. Mara jade opened the door to her apartment, and let Jaden, and the little girl in, she was surprised when

the little girl ran into the room, and called her "Mommy!!", Knight Kprr?" "Master Skywalker about four years ago, I ran into a group of Force sensitive clones,

among them was a clone of you, and she had a daughter, I don't know who her father is, but since her mother died I have been taking care of her, when you

arrived, she felt your Force signature, and wanted to see you." Mara looked at the girl, and felt a connection, her father was not Luke, but who her clone had

been with, was not her concern, this was her daughter, and Ben's half - sister, she would take care of her, and love her, and she knew that Luke would too.

"I will call you Grace Skywalker. "yes mom", and she ran, and gave her mother a hug.

When Luke entered the apartment, he found that the spare room now had supplies for a young girl, "So I see you met Grace?"

"Why didn't you tell me about her?" "That was Jaden's responsibility since he had custody, and I didn't know how you'd feel about her."

"In every way, she's my daughter, and we will keep her safe Farmboy." "of course, Love"

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Splentab, and a lovely name: Grace. :) Now Daddy!Luke can spoil her ;) ... Mara really is having a running over basket of blessings. [face_love]

20. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    Ch 11 part 1

Mara Jade, and Luke had forgotten what having a five year old child was like, curious, and open to everything, Grace had shown a strong Midi Chlorian count

when Cilghal had examined her, and she was healthy, since the child of two clones was not a clone, they had none of the health risks that clones, or

biots had. Ben watched in amusement as his mother tried to pick out clothes for her daughter. "boys are much easier, mom"

"Don't hold your breath Benny boy, I remember you getting into plenty of trouble as a kid." "I wasn't that bad."Grace, i have some stories to tell you about

your big brother, like the time he broke the jar of sweets, because he insisted on climbing on the counter." "You, and dad wanted me to use the Force to bring it

down, and I just found another way to bring it down." "Artoo was complaining about cleaning after your mess."

Luke could hear his wife, and son teasing each other in the other room, and it filled him with happiness, the addition of Grace had been a surprise,

but a welcome one, Saba and Corran were constant visitors, Mara had thanked Saba, for her eulogy, after Leia couldn't make it. Saba had gripped Mara

tightly, and wouldn't let go for several minutes. Talon Karrde, and Mirax were working on a cover story to explain Maras return.

It would be Talons last act before his retirement. The cover story was that a Force sensitive Biot of Mara was sent to confirm her suspicions, and that Mara

had had to go into hiding from the sith, because she would be a target. Luke had conjured a Force illusion of the biot fading away to fool Jacen, into

suspecting that no one knew about his role.

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great teasing and cover story =D=

22. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    Ch 11 part 2

Beyond shadows, Darht Krayt was Mind Walking, to see if Mara Jade had ever been there at all, she had pushed Luke to return to the living world, after

the battle with Abeloth, and Krayt had truly hoped Skywalker would have died to join her. he did not believe the holos that had covered her return,

once again the skywalkers had the attention from the galaxy, and it had been a year since the GA Senate had declared themselves neutral between the Jedi,

and the Sith, how foolish, it would make his plans for the one Sith even easier. He traveled through the Mists to the Lake of Apparitions where he

encounteredJacen Solo, the former Darth Caedus, the lake was just an illusion, a way for Mind walker to communicate with those who had passed.

"Caedus" "Krayt" their was a palpable feel of disdain between the two of them, neither considered the other to be a true Sith. "Where is she?" "Where is

who?" "your sacrifice, your aunt, Mara Jade Skywalker!!!" Jacen looked amused, "You should find her here somewhere." "I won't, somehow, she has

returned to the living world, and I want to know how." Jacen looked confused "Then why did you ask me, if I knew where she was?" "for your reaction, you

failed Sith" "Taking her life was the one action I have come to regret, and my uncle has never forgiven me, why he didn't kill me, instead of Jaina, is a puzzle."

"He feared becoming sith, i want that power, imagine the great Sith Lords ruling the galaxy. "Over time, it may take centuries but the Sith will destroy each

other, and the rule of two will be restored. "Solo, Bane was a fool, Palpatine was a fool, you were a fool."

The ethereal forms of Obi Wan Kenobi, and Yoda looked with amusement at the exchange, they had flow walked to the future, and they had seen Darth

Krayt meet his end at the hands of Cade Skywalker. They had observed, but had failed to interfere in Jacen's fall, despite Anakin Solo's attempts to tuen his

brother from the wrong path, but they had been with her when she had returned to the living world, they had said their fareweels for now, but eventually, she,

and Luke would join them.

The Skywalker's journey wasn't over yet, as they turned to watch what was coming next for

the Skywalkers.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  23. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    So this is the power you were talking about. Very interesting

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

24. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    I see you've heavily integrated Crucible into this fic.

*grins* They certainly have alot to make up for. I'm enjoying Luke and Mara findign each other again, they should have never been split apart (stupid writers).

Grace. Nice name. Was the daugher inspired by Crucible too? I must say that, its a very interesting way to give them the daughter they should have had

Jade_eyes likes this.
  25. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013