main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC [Reunions] Led Zeppelin next?

Discussion in 'Community' started by jp-30, Sep 7, 2007.

1. darthtenbiscuits

darthtenbiscuits Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 7, 2001
    But whatever happened to Derek?

2. Horny_Facehugger

Horny_Facehugger Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2008
    See, that's exactly why my scenario just would not work!

:p

3. DubyaT421

DubyaT421 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2005
    The Domino left standing. Yeah, I said it. I went there, or whatever the kids say these days.

And Zep without Plant... yeah, no.

If they do so without Plant, call it something other than Zep... like the New Yardbirds, or something. Oh wait...

4. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    25 cents says that this actually a ploy to get Plant to agree to come on tour with them.

5. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I dunno, but this guy was named after him:

[image=http://z.about.com/d/classicrock/1/0/j/M/derektrucks.jpg]

6. darthtenbiscuits

darthtenbiscuits Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 7, 2001
    Just think, he could've been named Cream Trucks.

7. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    So a few reports are saying the new singer will be the guy that replaced Scott Stapp in Creed to form Alter Bridge.

[face_plain]

8. slaythee-30

slaythee-30 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2002
    He won't, though.

All I want is that damn O2 Arena gig on DVD. That would keep me happy.

9. somethingfamiliar

somethingfamiliar Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2003
    [face_laugh]

I did watch a bit of an Alter Bridge video to see what that was, though, and it sounded pretty much like something from Zep III, so yeah.

10. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Dear Mr. Plant,

Stop being a jerk and go tour with the band.

11. slaythee-30

Oct 2, 2002
    I dunno, I actually respect him for not wanting to do it. He has good solo career. Certainly better than Page. His album with Alison Krauss was amazing. He did the one-off Led Zep show, did 2 Page & Plant albums and toured him in the 90s. And has ALWAYS said he didn't want to go back on tour with the band.

Of course I'd love to see the band reform with Plant, but what would the point be if Plant's heart wasn't in it?

12. DarthCemeroX

DarthCemeroX Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2007
    Plant's got too big of an ego now. He doesn't resent the other members he just doesn't want to be around them.

It's sad, a reunion tour would be amazing

13. slaythee-30

Oct 2, 2002
    I dunno, if he wanted his ego stroked, a Led Zep tour would do the job.

14. Sanctimoniously

Sanctimoniously Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2005
    I agree.

15. Jack1138

Jack1138 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2005
    If I were Plant, I could look at it as this;

Sure a tour would pull some bank and it would be great fun to get out there and do that again with the brothers.

Trouble I think is Page and the boys wanting to record a new album as Led Zeppelin again....

That is a tall order. Sure it could be done, but ..would it measure up? Those classic Zeppelin albums are timeless!

THAT in itself is what I think is holding Plant back.

I would love to see it happen, but any kind of Led Zeppelin with a different singer is a slap in the face and a doomed failure. ;)

16. FamousAmos

FamousAmos VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 9, 2003
    Zeppelin is my favorite band, and if they happened to go on tour and came to Houston I'd see them no matter what the lineup was(although it's not Zeppelin without Plant and John Bonham). Still, I don't know why they want to do this. Is Jimmy Page really this desperate for money?

17. slaythee-30

Oct 2, 2002
    I think it's a similar thing to Brian May & Roger Taylor. Same with Daltrey and Townshend. They love playing live, making music, connecting with an audience. And they have a gigantic legacy in popular music that is adored by millions.

People want to hear those songs that they grew up with. So, it's not about the money, it's about breathing life back into those songs, hanging out with your mates, traveling the world, having fun, recapturing some past glories.

But Plant would, I guess, rather not just be peddling 30 year old songs. And as was said above, probably has no interest in recording new tracks with Page, Jones & Bonham jr. In fact, according to a bunch of those articles that have popped up in the last day or two, those 3 have already recorded a bunch of tracks, and now are recruiting a vocalist to sing on them. I can see why Plant wouldn't want to add vocals to a bunch of sings he didn't help write, arrange or record.

18. Jack1138

Jack1138 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2005
    At least they have Jason Bonham (son of John) so it is a 'sort-of' Zeppelin.

A Zeppelin without Robert Plant is no Zeppelin at all. [face_plain]

Just a big balloon that crashed in flames in New Jersey in the late 1930's.

My advice to Page, Jones, and Bonham would be to write some tunes to at least try to get Plant involved and interested. If he is not, get a new singer and DO NOT call the band Led Zeppelin!

19. SueAsideRide

SueAsideRide Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 5, 2000
    Plant really needs to get over himself and realize that no matter what he does, hardly anyone is going to care about it nearly as much as his work with Led Zeppelin. Once he does that, he can get on the road and give the fans what they've been craving for decades. Frankly, they should have toured during the 90s when rock was in one of its lamest phases and given every other band out there a hard kick in the ass.

20. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Kind of ironic that a few years ago Page and Plant went on tour and didn't invite Jones, which seemed to piss him off some.

21. slaythee-30

Oct 2, 2002
    Loved the embarrassed looks on Plant & Page's face during Jones' quip about that at the Led Zep Rock N Roll Hall of fame induction;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuPfgo4-hu8

22. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    You beat me to it. I was literally looking for that, because I remember it like it was yesterday. Hilarious! [face_laugh]

23. slaythee-30

Oct 2, 2002
    Even though his Raising Sand album with Alison Krauss was near universally praised by the critics, of course he'll never live up to the legend of Zep in most fan's eyes. But that's not a valid reason to 'get the band back together' for a world tour.

McCartney will never top The Beatles, but nobody wants him to reform The Beatles with Ringo and Dhani Harrison and/or one of the Lennon kids, do they?

24. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    So, looks like the O2 DVD is going to finally be released.

Expect announcement in this many days.

[​IMG]
    https://www.facebook.com/ledzeppelin

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/led-zeppelin-reunion-concert-dvd/

25. FamousAmos

FamousAmos VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 9, 2003
    Nice! I would like to see this.