main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Revan and Bane deleted scene

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Jan 23, 2017.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I have literally no idea as to whether this is realistic, true, a lie, fake, or not.

It appears in the style of unfinished scenes and it sounds like Witwer, but I've not the brains to track down its authenticity.

I'm purely linking this out of surprise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Weird that this emerges now.

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I absolutely love the implications that the Sith further corrupted the Son.

And to those who would lament Revan's legacy being his Sith identity?

Darth Bane's essence was destroyed. Darth Revan's inclinations were reunified. Qui-Gon never learned how to manifest his identity, just his voice.

Mortis would have only shown the impressions they left behind, made manifest, in my mind.

4. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    In the Mortis arc Qui Gon appeared to Anakin as a Force Ghost no?

Iron_lord likes this.
  5. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    I've no idea if the video is legit or not. But, under the assumption that it's legit, it reminds me a lot of Darth Krayt talking to the holocrons of Bane, Nihilus and Andeddu.
    [​IMG]

6. Darth_SHOT

Darth_SHOT Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 11, 2004
    this has been out since 2013... it was an extra deleted scene on The Clone Wars Season Three Bluray.

7. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011
    Surprising...The Old Republic soundtrack.

I don't know if anybody posted it anywhere before.

8. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    I believe that's supposed to be a temporary score since the scene wasn't finished. If it were complete we would've gotten original music by Kevin Kinner.

Daneira and Sinrebirth like this.
  9. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Would have loved seeing Revan in TCW, but not a fan of this particular scene. So for that reason I'm glad it was cut.

10. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Yeah I'm not sure it makes much sense to me for Revan to appear as a Sith, since he was redeemed. Unless it's his holocron.

Sent from my Alcatel_4060O using Tapatalk

Darkslayer and spicer like this.
  11. spicer

Nov 14, 2012
    I see two options here:

1) What you said, this is DARTH Revan's holocron, so even after Revan got redeemed, whoever used his holocron would commune with his Sith persona only.

2) There's no telling at this point whether in the canon continuity (where this scene would be placed if it were completed) Revan got redeemed, or for that matter if he was a Jedi in the first place...

12. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I remember when the episodes came out, hearing that they created models for Revan and Bane for a scene that was ultimately cut. Hadn't seen it before though.

But again, this further underlines they never intended the Son to be the dark side... but rather as episodes 2/3 state, he's falling to the dark side.

CaptainPeabody and MercenaryAce like this.
  13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    The Son can be a darksider before he is completely lost. I imagine Revan and Bane pushed him over that edge.

14. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    But episodes 2/3 of Mortis specifically have the Father warning the Son about falling to the dark side. He represented darkness on Mortis before, in the yin-yang sense... not the dark side of the Force. Either way, it's clear he's not the embodiment of the dark side.

CaptainPeabody and MercenaryAce like this.
  15. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I think Darth Ruin would have worked better in that scene than Revan. I like the idea of the founder of the Sith and the one who made the Sith what they are today together embodying the dark side, especially when you consider that Darth Bane was likely intended by Lucas to be one of the Jedi who followed Ruin to the dark side and likely wasn't involved in Ruin's death, unlike the other Sith, so Ruin and Bane might continue to respect each other. Ruin would see Bane as someone who was loyal and saved his movement and Bane would see Ruin as inspiration.

16. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I think they were, back-then, intended to just be Easter Eggs. Maybe Lucas wanted generic nameless darksiders, and Filoni had the idea of using EU-established Sith with a recognizable visual appearance.

(Though they did end up redefining Bane's look when they did finally use him)

Revanfan1 and Daneira like this.
  17. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I just remembered how uninterested I was in this whole arc. Easily my least favorite episodes of the whole series.

18. Cheerios4u98

Cheerios4u98 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 4, 2015
    I had never seen this until yesterday. Very cool stuff. Would have loved for some version of this to make it into the final cut, but oh well. It doesn't necessarily serve the story that much, in my opinion, but I'm a massive sucker for EU nods, especially now that a definitive split has been made from canon and EU. Seeing Revan (we did eventually get some version of Bane) and seeing the Yuuzhan Vong would have made me happy.

Revanfan1 and Master_Rebado like this.
  19. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    "It has been foreseen that one lives who will control the universe."

Yeah and that guy's on the cover of any local Holonetnewspaper doing exactly that already.

20. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    I think it's a cool scene and an interesting what if. But also if it was done it would need to be clearly explained what this was and the intention so people don't feel confused. From the behind the scenes about this it seemed to indicate they were going to be Force Spirits like Qui-Gon but Lucas felt that contradicted with his views on the Force. Fair enough but I think there were other ways to do it.

Mortis is a planet strong in the Force and is capable of creating visions and illusions of things people want to see and don't want to see and enhance the power of others as it allowed Qui-Gon to appear as a full Ghost despite not being one entirely because his training was incomplete.

Revan and Bane rather then just be ghosts could have been illusions and visions conjured by the nature of the dark side itself in order to influence the Son and drive him forward or they could been images of the Son's own insanity. Revan's words are basically the Son trying to communicate with himself with Revan being the mouth piece. The other thing but I don't know how the Son could have gained access to them would be is if they were Sith Holocron manifestations. I don't know considering we've had visions of the dark side conjured through various means in both Clone Wars later on and Rebels there's no reason to say we couldn't have done this scene in some capacity and make it fit without them being full on Force Ghosts because no other scenes have had to go this way.

As for how and why two former Sith are influencing the Son even though he's the supposed manifestation of the Dark Side and it makes him kind of weak to some? Well that might be the case but the Son isn't fully the embodiment of the Dark Side yet in this story. He's a yin and a yang with his sister with their father in the middle (again considering we now have the Bendu who says he's the one in the middle with mastery over light and dark but doesn't lean towards either but seems to be on the side of good I would like to see various Force beings either communicate with one another or have others be aware of the other. I know there were plans for that in the Yoda arc with the Priestesses mentioning Mortis but it was cut) and he's on his way to becoming the full embodiment and have power over the other. He can't do this alone however and needs guidance so these manifestations tell him that if he kills his family then he would be free and must also embrace his resentment but in order to have true dominance he needs to control Anakin. The Son isn't ready yet he just needs one more push to become what he believes he is destined to be.

If anything his beginning comments and the anguish in Witwers voice almost give off a Kylo Ren vibe. I know this was years before but you know what I mean. Ren is struggling and wants to resist the light and in order to be free needs to embrace his resentment and must kill the thing he feels emotionally attached too because in the eyes of himself and Snoke it was this love that made Vader turn even though they believed he didn't mean to do so. If this could be reworked I would like to see a variation of this scene done with Snoke and Ren in The Last Jedi or Episode IX. It could be interesting.

As for why Darth Revan would appear despite him being in a grey area of being someone who's mastered both light and dark? Well Revan regardless of where he ends up in the end of his story is still someone who embraced the Dark Side. The planet perhaps can draw from that past history and manifest him from an earlier time. This was before the TOR story where he split himself into two beings so that's out of question at the moment in the context of this scene. I wouldn't have minded someone else though if some people thought Revan didn't make much sense in comparison to Bane who does. Revan does most of the talking in this scene which is interesting at least it seems to narrow in on him in particular it's hard to say considering it's an unfinished animatic and there's no mouth movement but Revan appears first and then Bane so maybe Bane should have spoke and Revan should have been mostly silent.

We could spend all day debating the scene one way or another it's cool to see it (and yes it is the scene uploaded from the Blu-Rays. I think I might have seen it once online awhile ago but never again until now. The guy who uploaded it is a guy I've been subscribed to who does fan made videos mostly tribute videos for Star Wars and other fandoms and sometimes will just upload pieces of music or cool scenes like these. He's since said he added the Sidious themes and Revan themes himself. You can find it clear somewhere on YouTube if you look. I like the additions of the music though because I think it enhances the scene but I'm sure we could have gotton some cool music to go along with a final version too if it was possible) and what might have been.

I say I'm trying to keep things short and once again I end up going on for a bit. I expect someone to comment on this big block of text later.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  21. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    ^^

Excellent post.

Iron_lord likes this.
  22. Balaaa

Balaaa Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 15, 2016
    Seeing Revan and Bane in the series would've been great, but I prefer The Son as an independent foe instead of just another one controlled by the Sith.

23. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    That's what mainly bugs me about it. Also that Revan was ultimately a Jedi.