main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Revan (Drew Karpyshyn?s New Novel Revealed) [SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Loyal Imperial, Apr 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Link.

RF: Redirecting to the official discussion thread.

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004

3. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Well he did write Revan, so I'm not too worried.

I mean, he's establishing continuity here, not wrecking another, superior, work.

4. Krusty_the_Clone

Krusty_the_Clone Jedi Padawan star 3

Jul 4, 2006
    freakin sweet

5. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
  6. Websinger2

Websinger2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2010
    Awesome. Just awesome.

Exile! [face_dancing]

7. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
  8. xoubara

xoubara Jedi Master star 2

Mar 4, 2003
    Hell yeah!

I'll try to erase from my memory rule of two and dynasty of evil.

9. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Corusca_One

Corusca_One Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2005
    *not sure if want*. [face_worried]

...Oh who am I kidding it's impossible not to get excited by this. Sure it has the potential to ruin all the mystery surrounding Revan's quest into the UR, but it could also be exactly what we have been waiting for all these years.

Plus he confirmed the Exile would be playing a major role! And that it will take place over five years, including covering some events from TSL! I really hope he manages to clean up the mess of an ending that game got (in the canon at least, the deleted stuff is awesome for the most part). I do worry that his take on the events of that game and it's key players will differ from what we got from Obsidian but eh, I'm going to hope he does a good job.

As has been said, this is his baby, ultimately his creation. If he is going to knock anything out of the park it'll be this, regardless of what you think of his Bane stories. This could be epic.

Although I just know that if it is an amazing book and story that I'll just miss the fact it'll never be 'KotOR 3' even more.

Lastly: Canderous! Hells yeah.

11. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I believe speak for all the enemies of the God-Emperor of Mankind when I say:

I hope Revan kicks the schutta out of the "immortal" emperor and leaves him breathing out of a tube in a chair underneath the Sith Citadel. [face_not_talking]

12. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    [face_thinking]

Most intriguing....

Seconded!!! :cool:

13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    To expand:

Revan: YES!

Exile: YES!

Canderous: YES!

T3: YES!

HK-47: YES!

Set off-screen during KotoR II with Revan and then continuing on? Mandalorian love? Sith Emperor origins and schemes?

YES!

14. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Most awesome[face_dancing]

15. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    So, say you've got someone who has read TOTJ or the KOTOR comics, perhaps both, but have not played the games, do you reckon this book will be accessible?

16. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Accessible, probably. Couldn't really comment on that until the book is released. But it would probably lack a certain...impact.

17. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    YESSSSSSSSS

18. Karohalva

Karohalva Jedi Knight star 2

May 27, 2008
    Now that we know a Revan book is coming, I can't help but wonder, with a good deal of wryness, how the rest of the EU will work to destroy it. I have a few hypotheses.

(1) TCW will make an episode where Ahsoka meets Revan's ghost and he tells her all about the Old Republic.
    (2) Dave Wolverton writes a sequel where he makes Revan a Nightsister.
    (3) Now we need only await the upcoming Old Republic Holiday Special.
    (4) Waru will cameo in the new book, and we learn Waru is the Sith Emperor!
    (5) Revan's true name will be revealed as....Mount Sorrow! He couldn't beat Waru and Sith magic turned him into a mountain. That's why he's always crying.
    (6) Revan will glimpse the future in a vision, and he'll see Cal Omas. Then there will be a graphic novel adaptation announced, which will be canceled a month later.

Anyone have some more ideas?

19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I suspect that it will be accessible, as Drew/Revan will need to reflect on what happened to create Darth Revan, which inevitably explains what has happened in KotoR and inevitably KotoR II.

I'm quite pleased for you, JB, now I remember that you haven't played the games.

20. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    win

21. LONEWOLF09

LONEWOLF09 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 3, 2009
    This is awesome. I can't believe that there is actually going to be a Revan novel coming out. Thank God the rumors a few weeks ago about a Revan novel by Karphyshyn coming out are true since I had hopes up and expected them to get crushed. It is now the Star Wars book that I am looking forward to most with the Darth Plagueis novel second.

I loved the Darth Bane books and I think that this one will be awesome like those books. At least we basically get KOTOR 3 as a novel since I won't be getting TOR and I don't want to have to wait to find out what happened to Revan by people playing the game. I am somewhat surprised that the Exile is going to be in the book because I thought that she would be ignored basically and I can't believe that we will find out the identity of the Sith Emperor since I thought that would be saved for the game.

I just can't wait for this book. It is going to be awesome.

22. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Dear God!!! :eek:

This might be the best Expanded Universe news I have heard in a LONG time. :D

I love KOTOR. I loved KOTORII. I loved the KOTOR comics. But most of all, I loved the story of Revan and his companions!

--Adm. Nick

23. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    This is pretty awesome.

24. ILNP

ILNP Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 12, 2011
    This book should be awesome. Personally I think that Drew Karpyshyn is one of the better current Star Wars authors. I know a lot of people didn't like Rule of Two or Dynasty of Evil but compared to what we got in LOTF and are currently getting in FOTJ (not saying their all bad but there are some pretty glaring problems) Drew Karpyshyn has given us some pretty great stories. I'd still love to see him continue the stories of the Sith Lords on down the line to Darth Plageus (or maybe right before since we're getting a Darth Plageus novel already). They'd be great sets of trilogies (i.e. one where the Dark Lord finds an apprentice and begins training, next the Dark Lord continues training, lastly the Dark Lord is killed by the apprentice). And throughout you could show different skill areas like they did with Darth Bane (essentially a tank), Darth Zannah (Sith sorcery), and Darth Cognus (ability to affect ones connection to the Force) that way each story isn't an exact repeat of the last. If anyone at Star Wars sees this you can have this idea, I won't sue for royalties I swear.

25. DarthRevan211

DarthRevan211 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 17, 2008
    [face_dancing]

All of the freaking whining going on at the TOR forums over this... I don't understand it! This is the best update we've gotten so far. I can't wait to find out what happened to Revan. With the confirmation of the inclusion of Bastila, no doubt we'll see the start of the Satele Shan line. The Exile being there is also very interesting. I wonder if we'll get a canon name? I imagine Revan won't be calling her "exile" the whole book. Also, we'll finally see the scene play out between Revan and Canderous that was alluded to in KotOR2 through T3-M4. Gah! There's just so much potential that I can't even stand it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.