main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Revelation(Sequel to Serenity and Devotion); Jaina/Jag; Completed 8/3

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi-Princess-Solo, Jun 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaina-Solo-Fel

Jaina-Solo-Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2002
    Wonderful work JPS! :D I loved seeing the Fel reunion at the top, and J/J mush is always greatly appreciated :D Awesome post!

2. Vaders_Granddaughter

Vaders_Granddaughter Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    Excellent post! Anytime I get some mushiness out of it, I am not going to complain :p I really adore the way you can write those two together- especially when they have their serious moments, and then their teasing is always able to make me laugh :D

3. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    heres another one i havent been able to post in awhile!!!! I missed this story! and i absolutely loved the J/J mush!!!!!!

~MJ

4. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Here's hoping there's another post soon :D [face_mischief]

5. Jedi_Jaina_Fel

Jedi_Jaina_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    Great post! LOL, the ending was great! I choked on my drink :p Encore, encore! :D

6. Sword-of_the-Jedi

Sword-of_the-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    Jaina smirked faintly. "Yeah, they are. Jacen's too uncomfortable doing it, and Kyp's... well, he's too Kyp, if you know what I mean." :eek: One can never be too Kyp :p ;)

Lovely post! Jag is so... [face_love] I want one of him for myself [face_devil]

7. JainaSoloSkywalker

JainaSoloSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2002
    Okay, everybody together... AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! [face_love]

Awesome postie! Loved the mush! :D I can't believe there are only a few posts left in this story! It's been my favorite for ages! ;)

8. AngelofDarkness

AngelofDarkness Jedi Master star 2

Aug 25, 2002
    Awww! Loved the post! More, more, more! :D He he, I am so excited that UF comes out in a few weeks, can you tell? :p ;)

9. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Uppies!!! :)

J&J

10. Trickster_Goddess

Trickster_Goddess Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    Loved the post! This is my favorite story! How many posts do we have left? I am way too hyper now, had a bunch of pixie stix, and then all that mushiness just got to me :D

11. Queen_of_Posts

Queen_of_Posts Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 17, 2003
    /PZ skulks in/ Beware of ticking off RSA's, otherwise they ban you repeatedly ;) [face_mischief]

Just looking for a new post. :D

BTW-this sock will be in use for 2 weeks :p Stupid bets ;) [face_devil]

12. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    Hello, all :) Sorry I've been absent for a while, it's been a crazy few weeks for me ;) I did, however, get a post finished for you guys! It's quite long, lol :p Hope you all enjoy! :D
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Night had settled upon Theed, blanketing the city in a blanket of starlight. The air was cool and clean, with just a hint of a faint breeze, and Mara Jade Skywalker closed her eyes for a moment, letting her coppery hair fall back across her shoulders.

The trip back to Naboo had taken a few days, but it had given them all a chance to really relax for the first time since the Yuuzhan Vong's surrender. After stowing their X-wings in the cargo hold of the Millennium Falcon, she and Luke had spent their time playing sabaac with Han and watching old holovids with Leia, taking comfort in their family.

Of course, it would have been nice to have Ben with them, but it looked like her son wasn't quite ready to face his father just yet. As much as it saddened her to see the rift between them, Mara had to admit that some space, and some time for them both to do some thinking, was probably for the best.

Besides, at least by traveling with the Fels aboard the Sunfire Ben could spend some much needed time with Jaina, whose mere presence seemed to do wonders for healing the boy's broken spirit.

Turning her head, Mara's gaze found the two of them, standing with Jag and the kids, the Jedi in the family dressed in their best dress robes, while Jag was once again decked out in his Republic dress uniform. Ben felt her eyes on him and looked up, offering her a small, tired smile, which Mara returned with a slight nod of her head before letting her gaze drift around the crowd.

The mood hanging in the air was somber and grim. The invasion had touched them all, young and old alike, and Mara couldn't help remembering a similar gathering held there, years ago, for the dedication of the Jedi Memorial after the defeat of the Yuuzhan Vong.

The field surrounding the Jedi Memorial dome had been used for Jedi funerals many times over the past few years, but never had they come to honor so many at the same time. Pyres had been set up in the center of a ring of torches, the flames casting an orange glow over the lifeless faces of those who had fallen against the Yuuzhan Vong.

Some, like Tahiri Veila and Ganner Rhysode, had faded into the Force, so there was no body to burn, and others, like Alema Rar, had been disintegrated by the explosions during battle. But there were still many others whose bodies needed to be given a proper Jedi funeral pyre, and some of them, tragically, were students.

Lifting her head, Mara turned her gaze to Owen Solo, who was standing with his mother and father, holding hands with his friends Piper and Kari. Earlier in the ceremony, Owen had given an emotional eulogy for their friend Trip Vorum, who had lost his life on Yavin Four defending the Academy from the Yuuzhan Vong. There had been many deaths on Yavin Four, but the Force had been with them, and only a handful of students had been killed.

Most had been Jedi Knights there to protect the students, like Ganner Rhysode.

Mara looked towards the circle of torches, where Corran Horn was finishing his eulogy for Ganner. The two men had started out as rivals during the first war, but there experiences fighting together had been beneficial for them both, and over the years they had become quite close. Mirax and the kids considered Ganner family, and Corran had been devastated by the loss of the closest thing he had to a brother.

"In his younger days, when he was reckless and arrogant, Ganner dreamed of being a hero," Corran said softly, his gaze distant and pained, his gruff voice filled with grief. "He grew up, though, and came to understand what it really meant to be a Jedi, to be a servant of the Force. But he's a hero, just the same. He fought for Yavin Four, for the students at the Academy, and he died saving my daughter's life. Ganner Rhysode was everything that a Jedi should be, and then som

13. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    That was so sad in the beginning, with poor Corran! :( I could actually see him and how he looked, you described it so well. :_|

But the ending was sweet. I couldn't remember that so few of the family spoke at Anakin's funeral! :eek: That's pretty amazing, but I like all the reflections eighteen years later. It adds an additional layer to the story if that much time passes, and Anakin affected their lives so much. :)

The talks about the recently dead, though, were very :_|

Jae Angel

14. Obi_Wans_love_child

Obi_Wans_love_child Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2001
    It's amazing, you took something large and enormous like the funeral and broke it down into something so amazingly personal and intimate. Then you took something small and intimate and made as powerful as the large funeral. Amazing my friend, simply amazing.

OWLC

15. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    That was fantastic, JPS! I loved all the personal good-byes that people said to Tahiri, and then to Anakin! You had me tearing up!! :(

I loved the end as well, by the way. Poor Jacen! [face_devil]

16. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Amazing JPS. Simply amazing. *wipes tears from her eyes* Wow. *opens mouth to speak but closes it* I can't think of anything else to say.

17. Jedi_Jaina_Fel

Jedi_Jaina_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    Wow! :eek:

That was an breathtaking post, JPS! The funeral was so somber, so moving... and then the bit at the end, w/ the S/S clan finally saying goodbye to Anakin, and to Tahiri, made me bawl like a baby :p I loved Jaina and Jacen's farewells to their baby brother the most- exactly what I would imagine them saying in the NJO :) I think those 2 need to have a private little memorial for Anakin at the end of UF. Either just them or w/ the family you showed in your post. It just blew me away! :D

18. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    All those beautiful speeches! [face_love] So sad though. :(

19. JainaSoloSkywalker

JainaSoloSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2002
    Oh my... I can't pick a favorite line! They were all so beautiful! :_|

I think my favorite section was the end, though. You are totally right! Only Han spoke at the funeral on Hapes- the NJO needs to let the rest of the family have some closure, too, you know?

20. AngelofDarkness

AngelofDarkness Jedi Master star 2

Aug 25, 2002
    You know, everyone always capatilizes on the twin bond between Jacen and Jaina, but I have always been trying to find words for the way the three Solo kids fit together, sort of like pieces of a puzzle, and you did that for me today :)

Even before he was born, there was this bond, this connection, between the three of us. Jacen and I are twins, but Anakin made us whole, we were a trinity, you know?"

Jacen shifted, his head bobbing a little, and Mara let the words drift through her mind. A trinity... yes, that was the word to describe the Solo kids. Three pieces of a whole, complementing and completing each other perfectly.

Beautiful post! Keep up the great work :D

21. Jaina_Rocks160

Jaina_Rocks160 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2003
    Hey, JPS--

I luv this fic, but I'm so annoyed!
    I can't seem to find the other fics you put up {Serenity and Devotion, weren't they?}

Can you help me find them somehow-- a link, directions through the databank or something?

~

22. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
  23. Jedi_jainafel

Jedi_jainafel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    That was a great post JPS. I thought the funeral speechs, were very touching. And the things that the Solos and others said about Anakin and Tahiri afterwards, when they were all in that circle.

[face_shocked] Who's gotten banned?!

nina

24. Queen_of_Posts

Queen_of_Posts Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 17, 2003
    ME! :D [face_mischief]

It's a long story, but mostly it amounts to it being my last day as a CR and bugging the tar out of my RSA the whole week [face_devil] So, he "banned" me. :D It's okay though, it was on purpose [face_devil] I'll be back to myself in a week & a half (This was part of the prize for guessing when I was going to hit 20K posts).

Now as for that post! :eek: /eyes blink, twice OMG! :eek: That was amazing! :_| I actually had tears in my eyes reading that! [face_blush]

25. jedi-solo-fel

jedi-solo-fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 27, 2002
    Awesome post! Wow, that was just so... beautiful! :_| Oh my, I need a tissue- or a bunch of tissues to be precise ;) Excellent work JPS! Update again soon, Oh Revered Authoress :p :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.