main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Revelation(Sequel to Serenity and Devotion); Jaina/Jag; Completed 8/3

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi-Princess-Solo, Jun 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Handmaiden_Rabe

Handmaiden_Rabe Jedi Master star 5

Nov 2, 2003
    (urgently) UP!

Cattie

2. Handmaiden_Rabe

Nov 2, 2003
    (walks into thread singing) Up, up, up, higher, higher.

Cattie

3. Handmaiden_Rabe

Nov 2, 2003
    UUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPP!!!

Cattie

4. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    I am so sorry about the long hiatus, guys! I've had a crazy few months... my computer crashed, my best friend is getting married (they decided to only have a 5 month engagement, so as maid-of-honor I have been at wit's end helping her plan this thing), and I am finally about to start law school now (and so I am thrust right back into the endless cycle of education :p), so it's been very hectic. On the bright side, I have several weeks of downtime before my classes start, and my schedule this fall will be much lighter, so I will be back to regular posts again starting this week :) Expect the final post here sometime in the next few days, definitely by Sunday. I have a sequel focusing on the kids in the works (won't be nearly as long, lol), so I will get that first post up soon and put a link to it here. Thank you all so much for your patience!

~JPS~

5. Handmaiden_Rabe

Nov 2, 2003
    YEAH! You're back. Sorry if I got a little mad, but I really like this story. And, what is the name of the sequel, 'cause since you said this was a trilogy, I didn't expect anything afterwards. Glad you're back JPS, and gladly waiting for the next post.

Cattie

6. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    Yaaay, post soon! I understand completely where you're coming from - Darth Life catches up to me too!I can't wait for that post, JPS! But.... I still can't believe it's almost over.... :_|

A sequel to the sequel of the sequel? Sounds mahhhvelous! 8-}

7. Handmaiden_Rabe

Nov 2, 2003
    PEOPLE, SHE'S BACK! Don't you realize that? That means a post, real soon. JPS, I think you should change the title, or whatever that thing's called, to let them know you're back, and draw more attention to the story. Waiting for a post with more hope than I've had in the last few months. :D

Cattie

8. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Can't wait for the post. :)

A sequel, you say? Yay! :D

9. Handmaiden_Rabe

Nov 2, 2003
    UP! Happy 130 to me! :p

Cattie

10. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    Hey guys! Thanks for being so patient for this final post. I'll give you a link to the short story to come after Revelations once I get the first post done- it will probably be a week or so with all of the chaos of starting law school this month. Hope you enjoy! ;)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A gentle breeze wafted through the meadow, ruffling the willow grass and carrying winged akiras across the clear afternoon sky, their melodious chirping drifting over the sounds of the distant waterfalls that adorned the landscape.

There was something about Naboo, Jaina decided, that just couldn't be matched anywhere in the galaxy.

Sitting cross-legged in the grass, hovering just off the ground with the Force, her eyes closed in meditation, she felt more at peace than she had in ages. Meditation had never really been her strong point, in her youth she'd been more than a little impatient with it at times, but once she became a mother, she'd found the benefits of it unquestionable.

Now, though, after everything she'd been through at Coruscant and after, it was her favorite way to spend her free time. There was so much she hadn't understood until now, so much about the Force that she had taken for granted, that discovering the truth behind it all had given her a sense of completion the likes of which she doubted any living being could ever know.

Which, of course, was only logical, considering that she'd only gained that coveted knowledge by dying.

Back from the dead, she mused with a mirthless chuckle. Weren't those Jacen's words, all those years ago after he'd escaped Yuuzhan Vong captivity?

Only that had been a figure of speech for him, and it was nothing short of clinical fact for her.

She had made her final stand on Coruscant, facing down the towering Yuuzhan Vong warmaster Krillit Lah, and she had come out the victor, in a matter of speaking. Krillit Lah had been killed, but not before he gave her a mortal wound that would kill her, too, a last gift of irony from the Yuuzhan Vong to the Jeedai who mocked their gods by taking the mantle of Trickster goddess for her own.

Krillit Lah had done what he set out to do, kill the Pretender and prove she wasn't a goddess after all, but he hadn't lived to celebrate, and her revival, at the hands of Kyp Durron, had only made his efforts work against him.

Because now the Yuuzhan Vong truly, and completely, believed that she was of divine origin. They had seen her fall, only to rise again, like the ethereal phoenix, which she was now being equated with by some of the more religious castes.

She wasn't just Jaina Solo Fel, she was a Jedi Master, leader of the legendary Twin Suns, seconddaughter of Vader, granddaughter of the Chosen One, the Sword of the Jedi, Yun-Harla the Trickster... and now the Phoenix, as Harrar's latest message had informed her that she was being called.

Life as a deity was certainly never dull.

And yet she couldn't help the wistful longing for the old days, when things had seemed so much simpler and the galaxy had been a much less imposing place. The days before the Yuuzhan Vong, when her biggest worry had been playing the peacemaker between her brothers during one of their unavoidable arguments about the Force and what it meant to be a Jedi.

She'd been a different person then, more innocent and carefree. While she'd faced her share of problems over the years, her life hadn't yet been shattered, her family hadn't been torn asunder, the Jedi hadn't been persecuted and hunted, she hadn't watched helplessly as friends and comrades fell all around her, her spirit hadn't yet been tainted with the shadow of the dark side.

But she hadn't met Jag yet, either, nor had she had the closeness she now shared with Kyp, two men that she knew she could never even dream of living without.

Yes, the years since the Vong first showed their faces at Dubrillion and Sernpidal had been long and hard, and full of suffering, but there had been some good to come of it, hadn't there? Th

11. DarthJaina

DarthJaina Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2002
    Awesome post, JPS! Way to finish off this trilogy, with a nice bang, he he. I nearly choked, I was laughing so hard in a few places (i.e., the Goddess vs. Chosen One debate, lol!), and then in others I felt speechless (Jaina discussing the afterlife w/ her grandpa)... bravissimo, my friend! Excellent work! :D

12. Handmaiden_Rabe

Nov 2, 2003
    NOOOOOOOOOO! IT'S OVER. :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| Wonderful post, JPS, but I still can't believe it's over. And how in the world did you figure out the Chosen One balancing the Force stuff? You must be one smart law student. :D I'm waiting for that link. ;)

Cattie

13. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Aw! :) That was a fantastic ending, JPS! Very nicely written!

~LtJS @};-

14. Kathryn

Kathryn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2002
    Beautiful, JPS! :D An awesome ending to a wonderful story! I look forward to the next chapter. :)

15. Jedi_Jaina_Fel

Jedi_Jaina_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    Great conclusion, JPS! :D

This was a beautiful post, I had been anticipating you doing a scene like this, with Jaina and Ani Skywalker, ever since she came back w/ dead people over her shoulder, lol. Nicely done!

"Yes, but I'm a goddess," Jaina reminded him lightly. "One should be so lucky as to have my divine influence rub off on them."

"And I'm the Chosen One," Skywalker retorted without missing a beat. "I was conceived by the Force itself. I think that trumps a goddess."

"No way," Jaina argued, shaking her head. "Goddess tops Chosen One any day. Besides, I've got the whole Sword of the Jedi thing going on, so you're not the only one with a prophecy."

"The Sword is of the Chosen line, remember?"

"Alright," Jaina conceded that one, a smirk tugging at her lips. "But I'm also the only Jedi to ever die, become one with the Force, and come back to life. Try and beat that."

"You two have gone space-happy."

Startled, Jaina turned to see her little brother had shimmered into being behind them without her noticing, and he wasn't alone.

"I believe young Anakin is correct," Obi-Wan Kenobi said from his shoulder.

"Traitor," Skywalker muttered.

"I can't help it if you're unbalanced, Anakin."

"Yeah, well, you raised me, Obi-Wan, so what does that say about you?"

[face_laugh] So true! [face_laugh]

16. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Great ending, JPS! :D It's amazing that I was reading this two years ago and it's finally come to an end! Awesome awesome story. :)

Jae O:)

17. jedi-solo-fel

jedi-solo-fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 27, 2002
    Beautiful post, JPS! I think my favorite part was Jaina and Anakin discussing what it's like to become one with the Force... reading it left me with this sense of wonder, I could almost imagine what that sensation must have been like :D

18. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Wonderful story!! I will be looking forward to anything else you write!

19. Goddess-of-Trickery

Goddess-of-Trickery Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2002
    What a way to end this trilogy! Humor, philosophy, and a touch of 'awww' with Jaina and her grandfather :D Way to go, JPS!

20. Handmaiden_Rabe

Nov 2, 2003
  21. jedi-solo-fel

jedi-solo-fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 27, 2002
    As always, a job well done, JPS! :D *whistles and applause* I loved it, as I knew I would!

22. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    the Phoenix I looooovvvee that nickname! Oh man, too cool....

The days before the Yuuzhan Vong, when her biggest worry had been playing the peacemaker between her brothers during one of their unavoidable arguments about the Force and what it meant to be a Jedi. :_| those were the days, huh?

"I'm your only granddaughter," Jaina pointed out wryly, looking up at the smiling face of Anakin Skywalker. "And no, not when said grandfather is a Jedi spirit who's been dead for almost forty years. What brings you down to my plane of existence, oh great Chosen One?" [face_laugh] @ 'my plane of existence'!

"Sure, blame it on the former Sith Lord," LOL we crack jokes like that at work all the time, just not quite the 'former Sith Lord' part! Haha good stuff... these ghosts are really too funny!

"You two have gone space-happy." Anakin is too funny! I wish he wasn't dead!

"Maybe not Old Order Jedi," Anakin retorted dismissively. "But this is a New Order, and if Jaina wants to take a vacation, then she'll take a vacation. Force knows she's earned it." LOL you tell them, Anakin! And yeah, she has!

"He loves you," Anakin said with a shrug. "Some of us happen to think that you're worth risking everything for." :_| [face_love] :( [face_love] Oh, that was such a great line! Oh man!

"Like you always said," Anakin quipped with a lopsided grin. "I am the genius in the family." Awww.... too true! He really is brilliant! ;)

:_| :_| I can't believe it's over. JPS, this has been such a marvelous story! Thank you for such a wonderful journey through Jaina and Jag's life! You are such a fantastic writer, and this trilogy has been nothing short of amazing! Hats off to you... :_| that it's over! Excellent way to close, although I wouldn't have minded a bit of J/J mush to end with, since that's how this all started, isn't it? ;)

Such a fantastic story! :D I [face_loved] Revelation especially, and you certainly went out with a bang! Looking forward to this upcoming work of yours! :D

23. Jedi-Jaina-Solo-Fel

Jedi-Jaina-Solo-Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2002
    What a way to end this phenomenal trilogy! These three stories have been my favorites for so long... I can't believe it is finally over, wow :eek: What will I read now, hmmm? *hint hint* :p ;)

24. trick-of-the-light

trick-of-the-light Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 2003
    *sob* It's over?! What a wonderful ending JPS! Throughly enjoyed it. It was an amazing blend of philosophy and humor. "Revelation" was an amazing ride written by an equally amazing author. Good luck with everything, especially law school :D

Btw, I'm waiting impatiently for the sequel to the sequel to the sequel of Devotion. (Did I get that right? :))

25. Vaders_Granddaughter

Vaders_Granddaughter Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    "I believe young Anakin is correct," Obi-Wan Kenobi said from his shoulder.

"Traitor," Skywalker muttered.

"I can't help it if you're unbalanced, Anakin."

"Yeah, well, you raised me, Obi-Wan, so what does that say about you?"
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Great post! Can't believe this is over already, but if there is more on the way I can deal, lol ;) keep the stories coming, you know we're all addicted!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.