Revelation(Sequel to Serenity and Devotion); Jaina/Jag; Completed 8/3

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi-Princess-Solo, Jun 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks NJ, Lexu, Kathryn :D

Don't cable modems kicck ass, CV? ;)

New post up soon :D
  2. Goddess_Jaya Jedi Master

star 4
    (pants out of breath)

Made it! Great posts so far JPS and it looks like I'm just in time for a new one too! :D

I agree with lexu, it's only a matter of time before Jaina starts getting herself in trouble. Probably dragging Kyp off with her right after she tells him bad news.

Looking anxiously for next post,

*Goddess_Jaya*
  3. Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Master

star 4
  4. Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    awesome post, JPS!!! i loved the end about being eaten by a rancor. :D
  5. Jade_Fel_Horn Jedi Knight

star 3
  6. Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Master

star 4
  7. Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  8. Goddess_Jaya Jedi Master

star 4
    Ooh, yay! We're going to get a new post!

(dances with glee)

*Goddess_Jaya*
  9. Jade_Fel_Horn Jedi Knight

star 3
  10. Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    i'm with you, Jade. i'm still waiting, JPS!!! ;)
  11. Goddess_Jaya Jedi Master

star 4
    Ditto here. But we are all being patient, right?

*Goddess_Jaya*
  12. Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  13. Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm finishing the editing now ;)
  14. Goddess_Jaya Jedi Master

star 4
    :D You know just what makes us happy.

*Goddess_Jaya*
  15. Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  16. Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Master

star 4
    "Tahiri?" Jaina asked quietly.

Tahiri looked up to see Jaina and Kyp standing in the doorway to the meditation room, grim looks on their faces. Instantly Tahiri knew something was wrong. "What is it?" she asked, standing and dusting off her Jedi robes. "What's wrong?"

Jaina smiled weakly. "It seems like there's always something wrong, doesn't there?"

"Jaina has something she needs to tell you," Kyp said, his voice tinged with a worried anxiety. He glanced past Tahiri, at where Tionne was in meditation. "Is there somewhere we can talk privately?"

Tahiri nodded. "The garden. It should be deserted right now. Everyone is either at evening meal or finishing up meditation."

"That works," Kyp said.

Tahiri led them out of the temple and out to the small garden she and Tionne had planted when they rebuilt the Academy. The starkiller roses were in bloom, their vines twisting and crawling around the small stone benches set up there for private meditation. Tionne had wanted it to look like the meditation gardens on Naboo, Tahiri had chosen the starkiller roses because Anakin had always thought they were pretty.

"Just like you", he'd said to her, just before their mission to Myrkyr. She had smacked him playfully and told him to stop sucking up, that she was not going to do his chores for him.

How much she would have given to hear him say those words one more time.

Gently, Tahiri folded away the memories and emotions that fit her like a second skin. She had never completely gotten over Anakin's death, she didn't think it was possible for her to do that, but she had finally gotten to the point where she could think about him and not feel like she was dying. She could remember him, and while it made her sad, she no longer found herself having panic attacks. She supposed she could have dated, maybe gotten married and started a family. Anakin would have wanted her to do that. But she never had.

Not because she thought it was any kind if betrayal to Anakin, it wasn't, she knew that. She would have wanted him to mov eon if she had been the one to die. Tahiri just found that she couldn't love anyone else. Anakin was still alive to her, in her heart. It wasn't possible for her to feel things for someone else when she still loved Anakin with every fiber of her being. And it wouldn't be fair to the man she chose to be with, or to herself, if she could never completely love him, because whatever she might have felt for him was totally eclipsed by what she still felt for Anakin.

Tahiri knew that her family, the Solos, the Skywalkers, Kam and Tionne, worried about her. She knew that they wanted her to find someone she could be happy with. But the funny thing was, Tahiri was happy. She was happy teaching at the Academy with Raynar and Zekk, both of whom had become dear friends. She was happy training Padme, helping to raise the girl into a beautiful young woman. She was happy being surrounded by family and friends, being part of the Jedi Order. She didn't need anything else to be happy.

She wanted Anakin, but she could finally be happy without him.

"What is it?" she asked again, looking to Jaina.

Anakin's sister looked tired suddenly, weary. As if she had been carrying some secret burden and could finally unload it. Tahiri had often noticed the resemblance the Solo siblings shared, but it was never more prominent that Jaina was Anakin's sister than it was right then. Her braid hung over one shoulder, her eyes heavy and exhausted, but there was that grim determination, that thin set of the mouth that had always been so characteristically Anakin. Now Tahiri wondered if maybe he hadn't gotten it from Jaina instead of the other way around.

"I spoke with Harrar a few days ago," Jaina said.

"Through villip?" Tahiri asked. She knew that only four people had unconditional access to the Yuuzhan Vong communication devices. Master Skywalker, Chancellor Elyasian, General Antilles and Jaina. Tahiri had access to the one on Naboo and the one on Coruscant, if only for the reason that no one in the Republic
  17. Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    awesome post as usual, JPS!!!! it was definately worth the wait!!!
  18. Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks LtJS :D

Going to go get beat up at soccer practice (for the second time today) so I will be back in a while w/ a new post ;)
  19. Jade243 Jedi Master

star 4
  20. Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    well, i'm leaving in two hours so i'll probably miss it. i'll be gone for a month, so i'll get to read the rest of your story when i get back!
  21. Goddess_Jaya Jedi Master

star 4
    "Jaina's up to something," she said softly.

"Isn't she always?" Kyp asked, but his tone was grim.

Of course she is! :D Great chapter, although all these foreboding conversations are starting to make me want to look over my shoulder.
    I can just see the clock start to countdown to the next time Jaina gets herself into trouble.

*Goddess_Jaya*

EDIT: LtJS - for a month? Good luck catching up with the way people on these boards update!
  22. Kathryn Jedi Master

star 4
    Great post. Jaina in trouble and up to something - can't get more perfect than that.
  23. Jade243 Jedi Master

star 4
    No offense, JPS, but on that project you asked me to do.. I'm finding I'm happy when I come to a page that doesn't have an update.. (F pg 30/W pg 129 just completed)
  24. Leah-Beth Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, JPS! Great job so far! :D I can't wait for more! :D
  25. Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't blame you at all, Jade! ;) I can't thank you enough for doing that for me. I need to get my computer fixed. But I feel for you since I will probably have to do it for Devotion and then this one later on sometime ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.