main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Revelation(Sequel to Serenity and Devotion); Jaina/Jag; Completed 8/3

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi-Princess-Solo, Jun 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    He he! It's raining here too! :D I got out of practice, and if it rains hard enough, we won't have our run tommorrow morning! :D How unfair is this? We have 2 a day practices mon-fri and a run sat. mornings at 10? All summer!!! Ugh!

2. Kathryn

Kathryn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2002
    That's a lot of soccer. I know people who play rep, and even then they don't practice as much as that.

3. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    I know how that goes.. Last year, my roommate was a tennis player.. She woke me up every morning at like 6:30.. (she was from Morocco(sp?) too)

4. Jade_Fel_Horn

Jade_Fel_Horn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    Dag, that sucks! There weren't even that bad for the sports at my school. I would have died if they were, playing 3 sports a year, geez!

5. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Yeah. It's rough. But we're A-List Classic and our coach says we should be honored to be accepted blah blah blah! It's horrid! The only good thing is we can miss 15 days of practice(out of the entire summer), so I plan to use mine and go to the beach ;)

6. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    My roommate had practice like 2-3 hours per practice, twice a day..

7. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Yeah, that's how it is for us. And it's not like I can complain, I have a fuill four year soccer scholarship, so practice is probably a good thing ;)

8. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    What other schools do you play? Any from Missouri?

9. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    e he. Nope, we play all east coast schools :)

10. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    Ah.. Just curious.. 8-}

11. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    I don't think we want to drive that far ;) but, ooooh, the possibilities if they let us take a road trip to the game! [face_devil] He he. We played a game in Georgia and did that, we took like 6 cars and we have these team walkie talkies w/ the 10 mile radius- we stuck one in every car so we could all communicate- and have kareoke going across the comms ;)

12. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    hehe.. I just wondered, because my school is supposed to be good at soccer - I think.. I know they're supposed to be good in swimming and diving, tennis, and maybe golf..

13. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Yeah. My school's good at basketball- the guys basketball team gets way too much attention ;)

14. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    Apparently, we had sent 2 swimmers for the '96 Olymic tryouts or whatever..

15. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Really? Wow. I made the junior olympics qualifiers in my freshmen year of high school, but I'm a better soccer player than swimmer ;)

16. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    I'm not completely sure though.. I don't pay much attention.. 8-}
    My roommate was ranked #1 in the nation for women's tennis in our division though..

17. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    I posted again JPS!! :D Can't wait to read the next post in here! :)

Jae Angel

18. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    [face_laugh] I think ff.net is down again.. It wouldn't come up.. [face_laugh]

19. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Read it, NJ ;)

LOL. FF.Net is just evil [face_laugh]

20. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    From the top of the Great Massai temple, the sunrise spilled across the jungle, showering the lush foliage with rays of golden light.

Anakin Fel liked to sit up there and watch the sun come up on the horizon.

It was peaceful up there, and it gave him time to think.

Today he was thinking about his mother. Whether his parents, or even Master Durron, knew it, he understood exactly what was at stake with the Yuuzhan Vong priest Harrar. Before Anakin had even been born, his mother had taken on the faux pas role of the Vong Trickster goddess Yun-Harla, as a means to battle the Vong with psychological warfare.

It had worked. Jaina Solo had pulled off feat after feat that left the Vong amazed and fearful, going to such lengths as to paint the symbol of Yun-Harla on her forehead during battle, and later on her X-wing. Whenever Anakin heard stories about the kind of tricks his mother had pulled, it left him amazed.

It also left him a little fearful.

If the Yuuzhan Vong in Domain Lah could prove that she wasn't Yun-Harla, the Vong would attack again, and this time with greater numbers and strength. The Alliance had been given access to study most of the Yuuzhan Vong technology, but how many new developments could they have invented in fifteen years?

Anakin was too young to remember the war, to remember how many worlds and how many people had been destroyed and sacrificed to the Vong's imaginary gods, but he had been taught about the war in his lessons at the Academy. He had learned about the voxyn and the Jedi sacrifices and the torture the Vong had put Jedi through.

And Anakin was afraid.

Not for himself, he was never afraid for himself, but for his mother. If war broke out again, surely she would be the first target. The Yuuzhan Vong would persecute her for blasphemy, and he didn't even want to begin to imagine the kinds of torture they would have in store for her.

For Anakin, it was easy to understand why the Vong hated his mother. She had mocked their religion, she had killed their warmaster, she had even had a hand in killing their Supreme Overlord. And as if that wasn't enough reason for them to hate her, she had killed Lord Shimmra with the blade of Yun-Harla, the sacred blade that would burn the flesh of any who touched it, save the goddess herself.

Anakin wasn't stupid, he knew how his mother had done that. The Force. Just because the Force didn't work on Vong technology, didn't mean it didn't work on a Jedi's hands.

Anakin knew that his father was worried. He knew that Kyp was worried. He even knew that his Uncle Luke was worried. The only person who didn't seem at all concerned was his mother.

She said that whatever happened, she would handle it, and that was the scary part.

Anakin had never been ignorant of the dark side. His mother had made sure that he understood that while it was a source of great power, it did not come without a price. The price was that it would destroy everyone and everything you ever knew, and then it would destroy you. Anakin knew that there was nothing worth using the dark side, not even beating the Yuuzhan Vong, but he wondered if his opinion would change if he ever had to experience war against the scarred monsters.

He had been only a year and a half old when the war ended. Padme had been only six months. She had absolutely no memories of the war. Anakin had only one or two, fleeting images that he had never been positive were real. Images of tattooed, scarred creatures with armor. Images of his father running towards his clawcraft. Images of a violet lightsaber burning in the night.

Those images stayed with Anakin, but the one that he never forgot was the silence. The cold, empty silence that replaced so many Jedi in the Force. Many had died in that last year of war, and even though his mother and his grandmother had shielded him from their deaths, they could not shield him from that emptiness that was left in their place. That emptiness filled Anakin with a cold anger that he knew he wasn't supposed to feel.

The Force was strong in his f

21. Jade_Fel_Horn

Jade_Fel_Horn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    Can't wait for more!

22. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Look above you, JFH ;)

23. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    excellent postie! :D

24. Kathryn

Kathryn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2002
    Aww. That was sweet. Now all we need is a Jaina and Padmé scene. Excellent post, JPS, as always.

25. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Thanks you JG :D

Thanks Kathryn :D And don't worry, there will be one eventually ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.