main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Revelation(Sequel to Serenity and Devotion); Jaina/Jag; Completed 8/3

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi-Princess-Solo, Jun 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    I'm sorry your computer messed up, JPS! :( I can't wait to read more! :D

I just posted again, but I realized that my boyfriend told me three hours ago that he was going to shop for records and he's still not back yet. I hope, for his sake, that he didn't do anything stupid like crash my car or get killed. :( Oh well, probably overreacting. He's probably just totally engrossed with his records and doesn't realize that he promised me breakfast when he got back! :mad: Men!!

Jae Angel

2. Crazy_Vasey

Crazy_Vasey Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2001
    My Dad set a pan on fire frying bacon once and then asked my mam of it was done heh.

3. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    LOL! My mom once set a kitchen on fire while making popcorn! :D

Jae Angel

4. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    My sister was making macaroni and cheese and threw a towel too close to the stove and the entire counter went up in flames in like 5 seconds. She screamed and I came running back inside w/ my brother and we had to get the fire exstinguisher and put it out :p

5. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Ta dah! At long last, after battling the evil that is Microsoft Windows, I give you...the post! ;)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It's so beautiful out here," Leia Solo said.

Her brother nodded. "Yes, it is, isn't it?"

The Skywalker twins were walking along the stone terrace overlooking the garden, and beyond that, the sparkling lake and the mountains rising behind it. Having grown up on Tatooine, Luke had seen very little water until after joining the Rebellion. Even after all these years, whenever he saw so much of it at once, saw the ripples flicker across the smooth surface, it amazed him.

Picking up on his thoughts, Leia smiled and leaned against the balustrade, staring out at the breathtaking view. "Sometimes I forget that we were raised in two different worlds. I sometimes take the beauty of something as simple as water for granted, but not you. You always appreciate everything."

Luke smiled. "Perhaps that's because I'm older and wiser."

His sister swatted him playfully. "You're only ten minutes older, brother dear. I'm sure you learned so much during those few minutes."

Luke shrugged. "I'm the one who's a Jedi Master, remember?"

Leia smirked. "And I'm the one who was Chief-of-State of the entire New Republic, remember that?"

"I seem to recall hearing something about that," Luke said with a grin, and the twins turned their attention back to the shimmering lake, enjoying the peaceful silence that they could only find when they were together. Maybe this place had something to do with it, as well. It had been their parents' place, the spot where they were married all those years ago after the Battle of Genosis.

For Luke, knowing who his parents were, knowing where they came from- where he came from- gave him the serenity he had always longed for. It made him feel whole, complete. He knew who his parents were, he knew who his twin sister was. He had a wife and a son. He had a brother-in-law who was also one of his most beloved friends. He had a niece and nephew who were grown with children of their own. He had the Jedi Order, reestablished and flourishing. He had the Force.

For the first time in his life, Luke Skywalker was truly content.

That struck him as strange, with the threat of another Yuuzhan Vong invasion looming on the horizon.

And yet Luke wasn't afraid. He trusted the Force, and knew it would not fail them. The Jedi had beaten the Yuuzhan Vong once before, they would do it again if necessary. And they would do it with the Force.

"I've often wondered what our parents would think," Leia said softly. Luke looked at her in surprise, but found her gazing out at the lake, her dark eyes sad. He took a moment to study her, to really look at his twin. She was still incredibly beautiful, her long dark hair tinged with sweeps of soft gray, pulled back into a simple but elegant twist at the nape of her neck. Laugh lines gave her mouth and eyes definition, and the simple white gown she wore made her skin look soft and creamy. She was even more beautiful, in Luke's opinion, than she had been in her youth.

Of course, his opinion was a little biased, being her twin brother.

"How so?" he asked.

Leia shrugged. "I wondered what our mother would think when I married Han, I wished she had been there to see it. When I gave birth to the twins, I wondered if it was just as painful for her to deliver us, or maybe more since she didn't have the Force to ease her pain. Watching the children grow up, I've often wondered how our lives would be different if you and I had been raised together, had been brought up with our parents, as a family."

"As have I," Luke agreed quietly. "When Jacen and Jaina were younger, I would look at them and see how they depended on one another so fiercely, how they finished one another's thoughts and sentences-"

"And you wondered if we would have been like that, too?" Leia finished knowingly. She smiled sadly. "We'll never know, but I like to think that would have."

"So do I," Luke replied.

"Ever since Vergere revealed

6. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Cute post, JPS! :D

7. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Thank you, Jade :)

8. Leah-Beth

Leah-Beth Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    That's so sweet, how Luke and Leia can talk to each other so easily. And funny too! You got the banter just right. :D

PS--I updated my story! ;)

9. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Cool post, JPS! :) I think it's probably safe to say that the Vong will discover that Jaina isn't Yun Harla in this story. ;) I also liked how you talked about Obi Wan in there. On a side note, I wonder if Lucas actually planned to have Luke be Vader's son at that point in the making of the films. If he already had it planned out then maybe Alec Guinness had a similar smile on his face as you described. I haven't watched the films in a long time, so I don't remember too accurately. :)

Well, time for me to go for a run! :D I'll be back on later.

Jae Angel

10. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Thanks LB :D

Thanks NJ :D

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Luke was supposed to be Vader's son all along, the same w/ Leia being the sister.

As for the knowing smile, I watched it this morning- he sees Leia, sort of starts for a moment, then watches Luke with this look while Leia speaks ;)

Okay, well, gotta get back to our 48 hr movie marathon :D They just popped in The Godfather, and, being Italian, it is my duty to go watch it ;)

11. Crazy_Vasey

Dec 8, 2001
    Everywhere I've seen the Luke/Leia stuff was made up as they went along but it all came out well in the end heh.

12. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Hmm. Maybe that's the case ~shrugs~ Don't know, don't care ;) CV is right, it ended up that way in the end :D

13. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    At the start of the THX trilogy version in one of those interviews, GL said that he had to have a backstory so he could know where everyone came from, and how everyone was related before he even began the screenplays or whatever for the OT...

14. Crazy_Vasey

Dec 8, 2001
    yeah and supposedly the EU authors consulted with him on this "backstory" so there were no contradictions. Mind bending fanboy explainations aside there are problems, how many people handled the DS plans? If the EU is to believed half the fricking galaxy seems to have had a hand in it. That's one example and if the sources I cannot remember are to be believed in the original 9 film series Leia became queen and played a minor role after ep VI while Lukes sister returned from some far away system.

15. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    hehe.. I don't really keep up with all of those specifics.. A lot could sound better, if some of the authors actually knew what was going on, and how things worked <cough>Crystal Star(?)<cough>

16. Crazy_Vasey

Dec 8, 2001
    Oh boy crystal star that's gotta be up there for worst ever SW book.

17. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    Funny thing is, though, it was the first one I'd ever read.. My dad got it for me for Christmas one year...

18. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    Crysal Star? That's where the Solo kids get kidnapped, and Anakin's almost fed to that monster thing, right? Whatever book that was, I didn't like it very much.

19. Crazy_Vasey

Dec 8, 2001
    "one where the solo kids get kidnapped"

Well that's half the EU books described right there ;)

20. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    That's about the truth.. I haven't read any of the JA, YJK, or JJK(?) books.. just the main novels, and not all of them either.. and it seems like in nearly every one of those, there's either a plot to kidnap, or an actual kidnapping..

21. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    Oops! Not every specific, was I?

22. Crazy_Vasey

Dec 8, 2001
    I don't read those ones either, can't get hold of em and they look like a bit of a waste of money. I prefer the older characters anyway like Leia, Han, Luke etc to the solo kids and co.

23. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Ah yes, Waru was the name of that monster. :) That was Crystal Star's one redeeming quality! ;) Waru saves the day! :p

Jae Angel

24. Crazy_Vasey

Dec 8, 2001
    I was just being facetious your description was accurate ;)

25. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    Crystal Star.. something about a star or something that blocks the Force, and then the lightsabers had to be activated using the Force.. apparently the author didn't know they had external switches.. They did get kidnapped though.. Hethrir? Anakin was almost fed to some weird creature.. (I can't remember all the details.. it's been like 10 years at least since I've read it.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.