main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Revelations - a young Luke vignette

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Dec 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Title: Revelations
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Characters: Luke Skywalker, Owen & Beru Lars
    Timeframe: Four years pre-ANH
    Summary: Luke knows his aunt and uncle are keeping secrets.

Revelations

Luke?s steps slowed as he approached the farm. He was quite certain that his aunt and uncle would have already heard from his teacher and he was sure to be in trouble ? big trouble. He sighed and came to a stop, kicking at the sand dejectedly.

It was a well-known fact that trouble seemed to follow Luke Skywalker. Even when he wasn?t looking for it, it found him and he would once more find himself on the receiving end of yet another interminable lecture about proper behavior. He found it very difficult to behave as his uncle had decreed he should. He tried, but?

Then he heard his Aunt Beru calling out to him. ?Luke, is that you??

Grimacing, yet knowing that there was no way to put it off any longer, Luke answered. ?Yeah, Aunt Beru, it?s me. I?m home.?

I?m home?again. Home, boring old home. Luke?s mouth turned down in a sulk. He was heartily tired of the farm and everything it represented. He scowled up at the blazing suns and the blue skies beyond, as if blaming them for their tantalizing promise of something else, something more past the horizon.

Ducking under the arch that led to the living area, Luke entered the cool confines of his home. Aunt Beru shot him a worried glance, her hands clasped in front of her. Uncle Owen was standing slightly in front of her, his habitual frown drawing his brows together. Luke hid his wince, knowing it would only deepen his uncle?s anger.

?Luke Skywalker,? Uncle Owen rasped, his frustration palpable. ?We need to have a word, young man.?

You mean you want to talk and I?m supposed to listen, Luke thought darkly.

?I?ve just finished speaking to your teacher,? his uncle continued. ?She said you were in a fight today.?

Though he knew it would infuriate his uncle, Luke shrugged. ?It wasn?t a big deal,? he insisted.

Owen Lars closed his eyes briefly as if pleading with any listening deity for patience. ?It is a big deal, Luke.?

Luke rolled his eyes and watched his uncle?s jaw clench. ?Whatever??

Unable to control his temper quickly enough, Owen had to turn away to gather his composure. Beru shot her husband a sympathetic look before she approached her nephew. ?Luke,? she said gently, placing her hand on his arm. ?You?ve got to understand that we?re just concerned for you.?

The young man jerked his arm away from her touch, trying to ignore the hurt expression on her face. ?Why don?t you ever ask me if I had a reason to fight?? His voice cracked and he blushed. He was fourteen now, and the changing of his voice was just one more thing to embarrass him.

Beru took a step back and folded her hands in front of her once more. ?Did you??

?Yeah, not that you?re interested, but I did,? Luke muttered as he crossed his arms over his chest.

Turning back to face him, Uncle Owen?s brows rose skeptically. ?And what was the reason this time, Luke?? His voice was weary, defeated.

Blinking rapidly, Luke shrugged once more. ?It doesn?t matter,? he mumbled.

Aunt Beru smiled sadly and put her hand hesitantly back on Luke?s shoulder. This time he allowed it to remain. ?I think it is important,? she said softly. ?Especially to you.?

Luke took a deep breath and turned his face so that they could not see the single tear that had escaped him. Angrily, he brushed it away before facing them once again. ?One of the boys made a joke,? he said.

?You got in all this trouble over a joke?? Owen demanded angrily. ?What the hell were you thinking, boy??

His hand clenching into fists at his side, Luke felt as if he could not breathe. The anger that had stirred inside of him earlier in the day roared back to life, trying to claw its way out. Uncle Owen took a step back, his expression shocked.

Aunt Beru surprised both of them by drawing Luke into her embrace. ?It?s all right, Luke,? she murmured. ?Just tel

2. Musing

Musing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2003
    Don't see eye-to-eye, do they? o_O Still, it does beg the question of whether Owen and Beru would ever have told Luke the truth about his parents. Would he have been more willing to stay put on Tattooine? Would he have run off to join the Rebellion sooner? Would he have gone off to look up Ben Kenobi on his own without the droids? Oh, the possibilities... [face_thinking]

Nice one, VaderLVR64.

3. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor kid! I can sympathize with him. Trying to protect his mother's honor w/o even know who she even was.

Well done! Loved it! :D I so can see this happening too! Cuz we all know he pops off alot...juz imagine how he was as a kid! We saw some of it from Anakin. So one can only imagine.

4. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Ahhh Kim, I just love young Luke stories! So well done! I can imagine him doing exactly that! And what *would* he have done had he known his true parentage earlier -- makes one wonder :D

5. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Oh, poor Luke. It had to be so hard growing up, not knowing who he was or anything of his parents. Eavesdropping on his aunt and uncle does seem like something he would do to try to fit together the missing pieces of the puzzle.

Bravo, K! =D=

6. Arwyn_Whitesun

Arwyn_Whitesun Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    That was a great viggie, VaderLVR64! Your writing is so wonderful! You really do a fantastic job of showing the emotions of all your characters. I study your writing in order to learn how to do that. :)

7. Elana

Elana Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2005
    Ooh, I just want to sit Luke down and tell him the whole story. Great job!

8. AzulSaber

AzulSaber Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2005
    Very nice look at Luke's early years. :( How sad for him to know there's something his guardians aren't telling him, even if it is for his own good.

I also loved how Luke defended his mother. What a good boy. :)

Excellent viggie VaderLVR64! =D=

9. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Poor Luke! I can just see him being tormented by schoolyard bullies. :mad:

Loved Aunt Beru in this. [face_love] And even Owen in his gruff, overprotective way.

Wonderful vig!

([edits] I love my ISP.....)

10. Yodan

Yodan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2005
    Very Nice! Where do you get so many plot bunnies?

This was very cute, and I love how Luke was in a fight at school... ;) Your Owen and Beru were perfect too!

=D=

11. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Wow - that was great.

You really captured Luke's frustration and the Lars' determination to protect him at all costs very well.

=D= =D= =D= =D=

12. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Oooh! Great viggy! I used to listen around corners too...I never met my father until I was 24 and didn't learn much of him until I was 18. Thankfully he wasn't a Sith Lord....;) But I totally understand young Luke's frustration here!

And the poor boy, in fights over his Mother's honor. I just want to hug him!

Great story!

13. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    It's nice seeing more of Owen and Beru since we only get to see them for such a short time in ANH. And Luke's frustration is written perfectly. I like how Beru is ready to defend Luke every time. I always liked her.:)

14. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    Poor luke! You've really captured him well in this story.

15. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Poor Luke! He knows they're keeping secrets but just can't find anything out. And getting teased by the school bullies. :(

Wonderful job writing Owen, Beru, and Luke. They just want to keep Luke safe. [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.