main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Revelations (Luke/Callista viggie challenge) - Posted 4/21

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WyoJedi, Apr 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WyoJedi

WyoJedi Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 2005
    Title: Revelations
    Author: WyoJedi
    Timeframe: Shortly after Children of the Jedi
    Characters: Luke Skywalker, Callista, Mace Windu
    Genre: Drama
    Author's Notes: This is in response to a double challenge from DarthIshtar and DARTH_MU. DARTH_MU suggested doing a Luke/Callista fic, and DarthIshtar suggested doing a viggie where the Chosen One prophecy was indeed misread. This is a mix of the two.
    Disclaimer: I give all credit for creation of the Star Wars universe to George Lucas.

As Luke brought the small transport from hyperspace back into normal space he saw the form of Yavin 4 growing larger in the viewport. It was the first time he had seen the moon since the Rebellion had abandoned their basse following the destruction of the first Death Star. Memories came flooding back to him causing tears to well up in his eyes and a smile to cross his lips. Slowly he wiped the tears away, but the smile remained.

He continued to contemplate the past as the ship descended into the atmosphere. Suddenly he was brought back to the present as two feminine arms reached from behind his seat and embraced him. He sighed contentedly and whispered a single word.

?Callista.?

The woman laid her head in the crook of his neck and shoulder, her light brownish-blond hair brushing softly across his skin. Her breath came steady and flowed over the skin of his neck, eliciting yet another heavy sigh.

?So Luke, is that smile for me??

?Always and forever.?

As they set down and exited the transport they found themselves encompassed about by jungle growth. Luke neared the edge of the clearing they had landed in, ignited his lightsaber, and began cutting through the undergrowth.

?Come on.?

Callista knew why they had come here. It had become almost an obsession with Luke to find a way to restore her Force abilities. So they had been traveling far and wide to planets with strong Force signatures hoping for? something. Now she found herself tromping through a dense jungle with no idea where she was headed. She would have chuckled if a small lizard hadn?t suddenly darted across her path causing her to yelp in surprise. Luke let out a hearty laugh only to become quickly silent after a stern glare from Callista.

After two hours of intense, sweat soaked hiking the two entered another clearing. They both stood in stunned silence at the sight. In the center of the clearing, and heavily overgrown, was a great city. As expected many of the buildings lay in ruin, but the former majesty of the place was unmistakable. Whereas the trek through the vines of the jungle had been quick and laborious, their steps toward the city were slow and full of suspicion.

As they began a search of the city they entered the large central temple structure. The light dimmed significantly as they stepped across the threshold, and as Luke again brought his lightsaber to life a low, booming voice broke from the darkness.

?Who are you? And why have you disturbed my exile??

Luke stretched out with the Force toward the voice.

?This is Callista, and I am Luke Skywalker. We??

?Skywalker? Are you the son of Anakin Skywalker??

?Yes! Yes I am.?

There was a long pause and Luke felt a tremor through the Force.

?Then? you can die!?

A sudden burst of Force power sent Luke flying through the temple door, crashing onto the stone walkway outside. Castilla ran after Luke and helped raise him from the ground as his assailant stepped into the light of the Yavin sun.

He was an elderly man with a short, graying beard, dark skin, and tattered Jedi robes. Luke noticed that his right hand had been severed by a lightsaber, and he instinctively clenched his own robotic right hand. Even though the man was missing one hand it did not seem to hamper his use of the Force. Luke held up his lightsaber and braced himself against the powers the man sent toward him.

Suddenly there was a break in the assault and Luke used it to his advantage. With the assistance of the Force he s

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Wow, fascinating. I did not expect Mace, especially with a natty beard!

3. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    mon dieu...
    Vapaad power!

4. WyoJedi

Nov 7, 2005
    DarthIshtar: Thanks for the reply. I went through so many possibilities as to where to go with this fic. Mace came as a suprise to me as well. I gave him the beard as an effect of his exile during the Empire's reign. Anyway I hope you liked it. :)

DARTH_MU: Thanks! I've always thought the idea of Mace dying in Ep 3 was kinda weak. Had to bring him back. I hope it was a worthwhile attempt at joining the two challenges.

Cheers,
    Wyo

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Nicely done! =D=

?Watch yourself closely, young Skywalker. I see the same shatterpoints around you that I saw with your father so long ago. Balance may have been reached, but I fear the Chosen One?s fire has not been extinguished.?

Shatterpoint was one of my favorite EU novels, so it's nice to see it referred to here!

Great work! =D=

6. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    oooooooooh! This is good! Can't wait for more!

7. Araxie

Araxie Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2006
    Very nicely done, I like how you have Mace back. Now to know how he managed to survive! I'm sure there were some good Jedi tricks to have managed that one.

8. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    Wyo-just so you know what I a ditz I am, I have been here and read the story THREE times now, and still never responded.

First of all I know there is a huge "discussion" over the Callista/Mara Jade cemps. I don't know enough to decide either way on the two characters so may I just say I like the name Callista better?

But I am with the rest; MACE? okay.. cool story, and now we want the even cooler story of how he survived all this time, and the original battle with ugly old Palpy.

9. WyoJedi

Nov 7, 2005
    VaderLVR64: Why thank you! I thought the whole concept of the shatterpoints just fit here so nicely. Glad you liked the reference. Thanks again.

Jade_Pilot: Well, I hadn't been planning to do more (as this was a viggie)... however it seems that some people are intrigued with this situation. Perhaps more will follow. We'll have to see what DRL has to say about it. :p Thank you so much for your comments.

Araxie: Yeah I loved throwing Mace in there. I never could make myself believe that he died in Ep 3, because... he's Mace! Perhaps a prequel viggie is in order to explain what happened... Hmmm. Thanks!

Noelie: Hehe! Oh you're not a ditz... I find myself doing the same things with lots of fics here. I think it must be a sign of genius, yes that's it.
    I'm sure there are plenty of Luke/Mara fans out there that saw my title and wanted nothing to do with the fic... but I too like the name Callista, and I like the idea of Luke and Callista together, so...
    Yes, I get the sense that a lot of people liked Mace's appearance. I will see what I can do about writing how Mace survived, etc... provided DRL doesn't do me in first. :D Thanks so much.

Cheers,
    Wyo

10. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Fascinating. Mace survived and hid all this time. I can certainly understand his belief that the prophecy was misread. Wonderful way to answer the challenge.

11. WyoJedi

Nov 7, 2005
    Healer_Leona: Thanks for your post. I'm glad this was received so well. I guess I made a good choice to put Mace in the fic :D After all those years alone it isn't surprising that his bitterness toward Anakin has grown. Thanks again!

Cheers,
    Wyo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.