main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Revelations: Zekk/Jaina One-Poster -- Post-NJO

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Deneveon, Sep 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Title: Revelations
    Author(s): Deneveon
    Timeframe: NJO
    Characters: Jaina Solo, Zekk
    Genre: Angst / Drama / Romance
    Keywords: Z/J, NJO
    Summary: A revelation is made long after it should've been said.
    Notes: None.

--

REVELATIONS

--

She found him in the pilot?s lounge near the west hangar, alone.

?Hey, Zekk.? She plopped down onto the chair next to him, and gave him a slight smile. ?When did you get back??

He looked up at her from his datapad. ?Yesterday.? And he turned his attention back to his work.

She hesitated when he did this, but decided to think nothing more of it. A strange uneasiness settled into the air with the thick silence, and she was about to try breaking it with a droll remark about the cleaning droid in the corner when she wisely refrained from speaking any more.

They stayed that way for a long while, and the only sound drifting through the pilot?s lounge was the low, steady of generators in the room. While he kept to himself, she stared out the transparisteel viewport that framed Mon Calamari?s blue-green horizon, now slowly darkening with the approach of night. Several stars had already begun to twinkle in the sky, tiny dots of light scattered across the galaxy.

Finally she felt him stir beside her, and she turned to look at him. He had pocketed the datapad and now had his hands clasped together as he stared at the hard floor. His dark hair was long again, bound together in a ponytail. Some strands had become loose, and they fell across his face in the most elegant way, as she remembered they always would. She almost grinned at the memory.

But then he met her stare with his brilliant green eyes, and she was taken out of her reveries only to be entranced by his gaze. It had been no less than two years since he?d last seen him, had last heard from him. That thought made something churn in her stomach.

She looked away. She was not a stranger to that feeling, and she knew that if she let old memories take her now, she would never be able to tell him.

And she wanted to tell him so badly.

But then again, there was that part of her that wished that he might never have to find out.

?What?s wrong, Jaina?? She felt the rustle of fabric beside her.

?Nothing is,? she replied, yet couldn?t help but feel as if she was lying. Something was wrong, now that she thought about it. ?I just? haven?t seen you in a while.?

He was quiet for a moment. And then, ?I?m sorry if I made you uncomfortable.? She could feel him standing from his seat.

?Wait,? she said, feeling herself reaching out to stop him. ?Don?t go.?

He looked at her again. For a moment that queasy feeling returned, but she ignored it. He was on his feet, his face unreadable, though she could feel the tension between them.

?I?m just glad to see you. That?s all.? And she motioned for him to sit. ?It?s just strange to see you again. After so long.?

He remained standing. ?I?m sorry if my presence here is bothering you.?

?What?? She looked at him strangely, his words not making any sense to her. ?Of course you?re not bothering me! What are you talking about??

?I must leave now.?

He turned and walked towards the door.

This brought her to her feet. ?Zekk! Wait! I haven?t even spoken to you yet!?

But he was already gone.

--

She tried to put together a reason for his odd behavior earlier that night, but she could think of nothing that brought any comfort. She had tried finding him again, but all her vain efforts yielded nothing. By the time she had returned to her quarters, she found something waiting for her there.

A single white rose lay on her pillow, along with an intricately crafted card. She didn?t have to think too hard to figure out who it was from.

She opened the card and read: Meet me at the Evercrest on the south side. She sighed, not sure whether or not she wanted to go. But she knew she had to.

After she had taken a cold shower and had dressed in

2. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002

:D I love this. Its exactly the way i would want it to happen if they did it in the NJO. Its an absolutly amazing.

Oh course when something is this good, it gives me a plot bunny

*shakes plot bunny off her leg*

Leave me alone! stupid vicious plot bunny!

this was extremly well written. I liked it alot! :D

3. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    That was awsome! If only NJO really did that, I suppose it's still plausable. :D I just can't get over how good that was. Great job.

Fireyforce

4. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Wow Den. That was very powerful. :) And moving too! I've always said that if Jaina couldn't be with Kyp then she should be with Zekk. That was one of my favorite parts of the YJK series. J/Z and J/TK. Beautiful, simpy beautiful.

5. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    *happy sigh* i can't even describe how beautiful that was....as always with your work, i could see it happening exactly like that [face_love]

~TJF

EDIT: btw, if you would like this added to the YJK Index, please PM YJK_Index this information:

Title (linked)
    Author
    Summary
    Keywords (please include the genre, pairings and main characters)
    Author?s Notes (if needed)

thank you! :)

6. Deneveon

Jun 6, 2002
    Rose_Skywalker: Why, thank you. Glad you like it.

Fireyforce: Thankies!

JMK: I so agree with you. I'd always thought Zekk perfect for Jaina way before I even thought of the possibility of something with Kyp.

TJF: Thank you. I'll be sure to send a link off to yah right away.

--Den

7. Lieutenant_Jaina

Lieutenant_Jaina Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2003
    WOW!!!!

...I love J/Z [face_love]

AWESOME JOB!!!!

....BUT WHY ONE POSTER!!!! *weeps* I love it

8. Deneveon

Jun 6, 2002
    Lieutenant_Jaina: Thanks. Glad you like it. Yes, it's only a one-poster, alas. Thanks for reading it anyway :D

--Den

9. Deneveon

Jun 6, 2002
    Up.

--Den

10. The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose

The_Jedi_Ambyr-Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    That was...that was...FABULOUSLY WONDERFULLY EXTREMELY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

I totally loved it.

J/Z forever!

~*Ambyr-Rose*~

11. Deneveon

Jun 6, 2002
    Ambyr: Why, thank you. I'm happy you liked it.

--Den

12. Deneveon

Jun 6, 2002
    Up!

--Den

13. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    That was fantastic, Den!

14. Deneveon

Jun 6, 2002
    LJS: Thanks. :D

--Den

15. KnightHawk

KnightHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 17, 2003
    Sweet. Tear-jerking and sweet. :_| Beautiful.

I liked it.

16. Deneveon

Jun 6, 2002
    Up!

And thank you!

--Den

17. Elyra

Elyra Jedi Youngling

Feb 18, 2004
    this is so sweet!
    i really like the way you portrayed Zekk, and the way he ineracted with Jaina, great fic!

18. Deneveon

Jun 6, 2002
    Thanks!

[Unlocking thread so I can up this]

19. Enelya_Sol

Enelya_Sol Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2004
    Wow, this was great. I loved the ending.

20. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    Very nice! :D And of course I always love it when Zekk and Jaina end up together! [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.