main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Revenge Got People's Choice!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by LilyHobbitJedi, Jan 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PowerUnlimitedPower

PowerUnlimitedPower Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 10, 2006
    Do the Oscars actually mean anything anymore? . it's so political. Movies are made for people by people . and people voted ROTS favorite movie. that is Power!. of course they also voted Kelly Clarkson best Female singer. so the People can also be NUTS! [face_laugh]

2. JediMasterGaraceDane

JediMasterGaraceDane Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2005
    I must say that i am sorta surprised given all the negative reaction ROTS has been getting the past couple of weeks especially but also since before it came out. But us the SW fanatics and fans out did the nah sayers and we proved to be more powerful then the nayers. Great job Lucas and the rest of the team. Great Job fans. RotS and Star Wars will never die!!

3. JediPriestess

JediPriestess Jedi Master star 4

Jul 28, 2004
    Im just glad we beat out Batman Begins. :) :) :)
    As of this writing ROTS has been nominated for Achievement in Makeup & Achievement in Sound Editing for the OSCARS as part of a few early nominations that have been announced. The full nomination list doesnt come out until Jan 31st.

4. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Thanks for the Oscar info.

5. Magical_Maestro

Magical_Maestro Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 25, 2005
    Christopher Nolan was robbed for Batman Begins. At best, Sith should have come in third behind Sin City.

6. PowerUnlimitedPower

PowerUnlimitedPower Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 10, 2006
    What is so great about this Batman movie? . i watched it twice and still don't get it. it's all the same stuff. we know the story it's always the same. it's good , but that's it. same with SinCity. I mean Rodriguez is so hit and miss. There are SW fans and Comicbook Fans. can't we all just get along. .......and Admit Star Wars was the Best this year. The people say so. [face_dancing]

7. Koto-Ogami

Koto-Ogami Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2003
    Batman Begins was -not- the same old stuff, and that's why people responded to it so well.

As for it and Sin City being robbed...no, and that's coming from someone who loves Batman Begins and Rodriguez (though not particulary Sin City).

Anyway, congratulations George and company! This is quite awesome!

8. princessleia911

princessleia911 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2005
    As I watched the most popular movie star of all time, Harrison Ford, walk out on stage, my pulse quickened. I was on the edge of my seat. I could feel my heart beat a little faster. Would ROTS win a truly democratic award or be shut out by the Bat? "The Force is strong with this one," Harrison said. He said the words I've longer to hear, ROTS, People's Choice Movie of the Year. My hands shot up, "Yeah, life is awesome," I said. Finally, the reward we deserve. Thank you, George, it has been a truly UNBELIEVEABLE ride and I have enjoyed every second.

CONGRATS ROTS=D= LET THE PARTY BEGIN [face_dancing]

Celebration music from end of ANH

9. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
  10. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    We're talking ROTS here, not Batman and Sin City. Keep that to a different forum.

While ANH did get a few Academy Awards, most of it's awards have been of technical merit. And that was for TESB and ROTJ. Mostly it was fan awards that the PT has obtained. This one, being a People's Choice, is a big deal. Not that the Nickelodean (sp) and MTV Awards aren't nice, but this is voted on by all ages. Not just the target demographs.

11. battlewars

battlewars Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    now lucas makes films for the audience? i though he made them for himself. i love those lucas contradictions!

12. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    He makes them for the audience, but also stays true to his vision of how they should be made.

13. OBIWAN-JR

OBIWAN-JR Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 25, 2002
    But he does make his movies for the people, battlewars.
    He has always been fairly upfront about that.
    Especially in terms of trying to create a modern-day myth for children.

What he doesn't do, is make concessions to the people when it comes to telling his story.
    He has told it the way he wanted to, but still made it for the people.

-JR :)

14. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Hopefully RotS will still be hot come the MTV awards, it's only other chance to pick up anything probably. I was shocked by how Lucas really trashed the "industry" but it is true. Watch RotS be shutout of ever award come oscars like usual. My cousin is a film editor and hates GL by the way haha, says he is trying to destroy traditional editing (which he is) by shying away from traditional film in favor of digital.

I thought Harrison Ford was being a jerk. If he's such a great actor he should have acted like he was happy to be giving an award and happy for SW. Seems he's still sad 7days and 7nights bombed.

I also was underwhelmed by the little RotS clip that was provided. Pretty boring and no BotH?! Batman Begins was a nice movie but Revenge is this years #1.

15. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Yay! It sure desevered the award!

About Batman Begins. I agree it wasn't all that good. Batman and Batman Returns are masterpieces. Batman Begins was way too realistic and not really a Batman movie- rather a Bruce Wayne movie. You don't need that much time to tell Bruce Wayne's story. Go and see Batman: Mask of the Phantasm and you'll see how to handle the mix of Bruce Wayne/ Batman story perfectly.

Alright. Back on topic.
    Did ROTS get nominated for the Academy Awards in terms of Special Effects?
    There were 15-20 minute reels created for each nominated movie. Any news if it's one of the top three.

16. CJedi72

CJedi72 Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 29, 2005

Lucas always said he made the Prequels the way HE wanted to make them, and if people liked them or not, there is nothing he can do.

If he did think about the fans, he would release the O-OT on DVD, cause there are alot of older fans who supported him for many years before he had Skywalker Ranch and his empire.

17. jasperjones

jasperjones Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2001
    I think that what he means is, it's more important to him that your average audience member digs it than your average critic. I will agree with some that I think he uses this defence to hide behind. There is no reason 3 prequels couldn't have been commercial and critical successes had he actually hired a good writer and worked out the whole thing he started. Still, TPM and AOTC didn't get this kind of award so I think it's great to see ROTS getting some recognition , as for it's flaws I still think it's a great flick and a great SW movie. I don't want to think about how many times SW fans repeated their vote though, as that kind of ruins the point. It should be one person, one vote.

And if he did release the O-OT on DVD it would be a very shrewd move on his part, which I think almost goes to prove that he's not quite the money-grabbing hack some would believe. He genuinely believes in his new vision. He could easily churn out a vanilla release of the O-OT and instantly please half the fanbase, adding several more million dollars to his account but I just can't seem him doing it. Best thing would be to include the original edits in a bumper HD/Blu-ray/whatever future boxset, but it ain't gonna happen.

18. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Well this is great news. ROTS is truely a great film, and its also a very brave film. Lucas COULD have shyed away from the disturbing reality of what happens to Anakin and "toned" it down, but he didn't. He stayed true to the story, and showed us Anakin's downfall as most of us had always imagined, and even went further than a lot of people thought he would.

Its a shame Ian Mcdiarmid couldn't have won an acting award, however. :(

Anyway, congratulations to George Lucas and Star Wars. It's fantastic that the Saga is ending on such a high note. =D=

19. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Congratulations George Lucas, cast and crew and everyone else involved! Totally deserved! =D=

20. bebbie

bebbie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2002
    AMEN!!!

CONGRATULATIONS Revenge of the Sith and George Lucas!!! [face_dancing]

Fantastic news! WELL DESERVED!! =D=

21. JamesBatista

JamesBatista Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2005
    :cool: Great to hear. This nicely undoes the debacle that currently is the IMDb Best Of poll.

22. CJedi72

Sep 29, 2005
    Let me ask everyone here, if Batman Begins won the award, and though I do think ROTS deserved it, wouldn't everyone be saying that Star Wars never gets its due, and cause the press and oldtimers bash it, is the reason it never wins awards like this?

Plain & Simple, this was a good prequel, and deserved the award, but the reason TPM & AOTC didn't win was because they were average movies and weren't worth of best movies that year, and it wasn't the press or fans who brought the movie down like so many say. If you make a good movie, you shall be rewarded.

23. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Well, I thought AOTC was great. [face_blush][face_whistling]

24. Ekenobi

Ekenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2002
    That was the first SW movie. After that, the others did not win much. So he is correct in what he said. GO GEORGE!!!!

25. CJedi72

Sep 29, 2005

And how many sequels ever win any awards other than Return of the King & Godfather II? No sequels ever win awards, most sequels don't even get nominated. It isn't the critics that hate the sequels or prequels of SW, it is just the way the movie awards go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.