main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Revenge of the Mummy - The Ride

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Pikaroth, Mar 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    It does not open for awhile, but my sister went on the new ride tonight at Universal Studios, four times actually, and she says it is the most amazing ride ever, by far the most advanced ride ever constructed.

From what she knows about it and from past experience, when it does open to the public, it is going to be absolutely jammed. So, in saying that, if anyone goes on a day I'm going (just ask to see if I'll be there), tell me, and she will meet up with us and make sure the line can be skipped. Gotta love a sister that is an uber-supervisor/manager/whatever-she-is there.

Anyway, I'm eagerly looking forward to it, and, thankfully, it took the place of the worst ride ever: Kongfrontation, stupid Donkey Kong ride.

I hate Florida, as everyone knows, but the one thing I will miss when I leave: the theme parks. Great stuff.

Brandon

2. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Finally Universal Florida v1.0 steals back a tad of its prestige from Islands. For a long time it wasn't even competing.

Went to IoA yesterday as a guest of Melanie, thanks to our friendly neighborhood Scribner, and had a great time- thanks, Mike. -Campbell

3. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait... last I checked, and I checked just now, it was *I* that first gave Melanie tickets to Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure. Mike might be a cool guy and all, but, come now, I was there first, at the vanguard of the ticket fleet.

I'm cool, too.

Very cool.

Not really.

But still, cool.

Brandon

4. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    You are both cool and it was one of the best birthdays ever. In fact all of you guys are awesome! However I will give a nod to Brandon who was my first connection in to the Universal experience.
    I went to Islands of Adventure for the first time last Sunday and for I think the third time in my life, rode roller coasters. It was such a blast I decided to do it again on my birthday. If I didn't have such mack daddy connections like Brandon & Mike it would have never happened.
    We road Hulk twice yesterday and though it is awesome, I must say Dueling Dragons are my favorite. Was it Ice or Fire that we decided ruled?
    We saw the posters all over for Revenge of the Mummy. I didn't get to do Shrek either but I had to save something for my next visit.
    Thank you to those who gave me the tickets and thank you Campbell for keeping me company as I ran around like a crazy person hyped up on sugar. Anyway, again BEST BIRTHDAY ever!! :D

Melanie

5. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I must admit the first time I went to IOA, I was like, "WOW!" Yet, now it sucks. I mean, yeah you get to ride the coasters, which are awesome, but everything else sucks.

Now don't even get me started on Universal... Actually, the Sherk-4D thing is pretty cool. They have some references that will kill some of you (not mentioning what since I don't want to ruin it for those who haven't gone on it). Overall, though, the rides are kind of outdated. For example, I remember when I was little I went on Back to the Future and was like, "OMG! THAT'S AWESOME!" Now, it completely sucks... Kind of like Star Wars ;)

I guess it's overall an ok theme park. I prefer MGM though. They may not have much but two rides I can ride over and over: Tower of Terror and Rockin' Rollercoaster.

6. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    I was going to ride the Mummy on Sunday, but I decided to opt out because the ride isn't finished yet. I don't want to ride a half completed attraction. So I guess I'll go when it's open to the public. But probably in the fall so I can avoid the lines. :p

L8r

7. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    Awww... take your life in to your hands. Try it out! If I had the chance I would. You only live once, make the most of it!
    Thanks again for the awesome birthday (you too Brandon)!
    Melanie

8. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    My brother was featured in the Orlando Sentinel last Monday and had a link to his website off the frontpage of the channel 6 website for the Mummy ride. He managed to gain access to the mummy animatic for the ride here in Orlando and several other things because of contacts he has in the park, however Universal got heavy handed with him and he had to remove the stuff. He still has some stuff for the ride. universal-excitement.com

9. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    melanie...I have a belated b-day gift for you....do not let me forget to give it to you :)

Ia

10. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    Ok. Thank you Ia! My birthday will last for weeks at this rate!

Melanie

11. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    Ok, I rode the Mummy for the first time yesterday and it was AWESOME! I know this post is old and it took me months to get there but it was worth it! I didn't realize how close to a roller coaster it was but at the same time sort of a haunted mansion feel. Loved the fire on the ceiling! We opened the park and the ride only had a 15 minute wait. I wanted to do it again but when we got off it was a 60 minute wait so on we went.
    Shrek was 75 minutes, so once again I missed that ride. Did get to do MIB and yes I was the highest score. =D=
    Also did all my favorites at IoA. After reading this post I realize, Ia, I never did get what ever you wanted to give me for my birthday. :p
    Well, see you all next weekend.
    Melanie

12. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    Not that anyone here will care, but now that Men In Black: Alien Attack has been brought up, I'd like to point out that a little over a year ago, two friends and I went on it a grand total of 22 times in a row, non-stop (had to quickly leave the vehicle, go through a secret back way and jump back in); anyway, my friend from Seattle, Micah, according to multiple sources, got the highest score they had ever seen, a maxed our score board. It was very cool, and after learning the bonus trick at the end (which everyone knows now, but at the time, it was new to us), we just dominated.

Thank god for being related to not only an employee that can get you in free, but can also let you bypass any line for as many times as you want.

So, like I said, absolutely no one will care, but it reminded me of it, and it demanded a post.

Plus, my total posts will now be up one...

Brandon

13. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    I work at Universal and still have not been on the Mummy . . .

L8r

14. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
  15. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    It's like asking someone who lives in Orlando why they've never visited the theme parks. It's something I'll get around to, but I'm in no hurry since I know it ain't going anywhere. :)

L8r

16. Grendelwulf

Grendelwulf Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 1999
    I live in Orlando androse the Mumy last month on its openeing weekend. it still wasn't finished. the effects in the roller coaster part weren't working.
    Atleast the wait was only 10 minutes with my line jump pass.

17. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    I went about 10 days ago with my dad (who was here on vacation). I had one of those passes too. Pretty cool. The ride was pretty good, but other than the fire (which I really dug) wasn't a mindblower and would not bring me back to Universal. I wonder if part of my unenthusiasm stems from never seeing those movies- think so?

Rode Jaws as part homage to Mallrats, and the MIB ride was fine. I think I'm getting really old because a couple of my favorite features was the American Grafitti-referencing Mel's, and the I Love Lucy Tribute (and I'm not a huge fan of that show). BTW, anybody notice where Star Wars is mentioned in the Lucy display? Let it be a hunt for your next visit. -Campbell

18. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    I liked the Mummy but don't think you needed to see the movies to enjoy it more or less. On that note, Campbell, how could you NOT see the Mummy!?!
    You should really watch it, maybe someone could loan it to you?

I went through the I Love Lucy tribute but didn't see the SW reference. Maybe I'll go back & check it out. I was amused to see all the same store fronts & names at Universal that I just saw at MGM.

Mike, go do the Mummy. Don't put off til tomorrow what you can do today. Melanie :)

19. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Im wanting to go ride this. Maybe this could be an outting some day soon.

20. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Mike works there so I suspect it'd be pretty easy for him to get a dozen or so free tickets to give to us all and any interested family members or random people we might pick up outside the library. Mike, the ball's in your court.

21. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    A dozen or so, eh? I'll get right on that . . . not. :p

L8r

22. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    My girlfriend and I have annual passes, so thatll only be ten Mike.

23. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    See, now there's a team player. Dale, does Universal have SWW or something?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.