main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Revenge of the Sith - 5th Anniversary May 19th, 2005

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Dooks, May 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    That's right everyone it's been 5 years since the last movie hit the theaters. May 19th, 2005 so many memories, so many viewings, I mean it was a great end to the prequel era. So tomorrow make sure you put the film on and celebrate Revenge of the Sith in all it's glory.

Also this was the year the FanForce really took shape and that is one of the best things from that year.

2. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    Wooohhhooooo!

Thanks for the reminder Dooks!

3. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    5 years ago was the first major event for the fanforce as we at Chinook theater for the opening of Sith. What a great day to be part of the fanforce. Advanced tickets to the media screening of Sith and then watching the midnight show in the exact same theater as we got to keep our seats from the 7pm show. The highlight for me was being able to bring my son along and watch the 7pm show. Then the next morning seeing my picture in the paper with my son was priceless.

Where were you 5 years ago???? And what was you memories?

4. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    At this time, 5 years ago, I had been standing in line to see ROTS for over 6 hours already. I was SUPER excited! Magpie Jen was the first to join me in line, followed by PreludeRM, I believe. There was lots of TV and newspaper reporters about, all asking me why I chose to line up so early (as I was the first). The atmosphere was electric! And excitement just kept building.

At the end of the first screening, I was so emotional. I knew Sith would be dark - I just didn't know it would be THAT dark [face_worried] I felt so gutted.

It was so amazing to experience the end of the saga with so many wonderful new friends - many of which, have remained my closest friends to date :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.