main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Revenge of the Sith (A Fanfic Episode III) - New! Alternative Ending, 9/16

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Scruffy-looking, Feb 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calen2kk

Calen2kk Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2002
    ok... I've just caught up and yeah! Vader is going to cream their asses. *g* But unless that accident made him even stronger in the force or something I don't see how he's going to be all three of them. :)

More soon!

Calen.

2. Delight

Delight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Yes! Finally! Palpatine gets something to feel good about. It is so nice to see him smiling and grinning. And even gloating to just the right amount. :D The toil of his labour about to be harvested by 'perhaps-he-is-dead' Vader, and we have the best seats in the house!

But I have a feeling that he will not be smiling by the end of this fight (i.e. Yoda and Obiwan). Poor thing. Can't anything go right for him once?

Thanks for a wonderful post! *dangling off the cliff-face*

3. RebelPrincess

RebelPrincess Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2001
    Whoa. The last part of that post gave me chills. You sure have a flair for the dramatic, Scruffy-looking! I'm dying to see the next post now!! Darn cliffhanger. I'm so impatient :p

Altaira - Thanks for the PM about posting troubles - it helped! :)

4. Scruffy-looking

Scruffy-looking Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2002
    Guess what everyone, it's time for a post! :D

Altaira - Think you'll like this one! ;)

DANA28 - :_| More on this below...

Allyjw007 - Glad you liked it!

Calen2kk - Welcome back--as you'll see, Vader's pretty tough... ;)

Delight - Just like the Jedi to spoil the fun! ;)

RebelPrincess - Don't worry, there's an even bigger cliffhanger in this chapter! :eek: :p

On a serious note: we are now near the end of the story proper (the next post after this is the last of Part III). My original ending to this story was... well, it was supposed to be tragic, but after hanging out in JCF and learning more about Star Wars from many others, I realized that Ep 3 could never end this way, so I wrote two alternative endings to my story. The first of these endings, the one I made the 'official' ending of my script, is still very disturbing, and it is entirely possible that many people reading this story will not like it at all. Before you get too upset, please understand that this entire story was created less than a month after AOTC showed in the theaters.

The second alternative ending is, IMO, much more 'acceptable', even if it's very sad. So be warned: if you are concerned about the original ending, you may want to skip this post and the other three. After that, I will then write the alternative ending, which I hope won't be as bad.

I know this is all confusing, but I just wanted to make sure people understood what was going on when I wrote this. Any more questions, please PM me.

And now... the penultimate chapter...

5. Scruffy-looking

May 26, 2002
    Chapter 32

Mace Windu reacted first and charged headlong towards Vader, purple lightsaber swinging in an arc and sparking as it collided with his blade. Yoda and Obi-Wan followed behind him, attempting to strike from different sides. But with an unexpected surge of power, Vader pushed Mace away and parried their attacks. Obi-Wan was amazed at how strong his opponent was?it took everything he had to keep Vader from knocking his lightsaber out of his hand. Likewise, Yoda swung at Vader in furious fashion, his blade a whir of green light, but Vader matched him step for step. He retreated, moving to prevent from being surrounded.

Obi-Wan jumped towards him, keeping himself light on the feet, trying to confuse his opponent by rapidly shifting position and stance. Noting that Vader?s legs were not as mobile as his arms, he quickly leaped to his right and then stabbed hard at him, hoping to sever his left arm before he could react. But Vader managed to parry his thrust and now Obi-Wan had to dodge his response, ducking and rolling under a decapitating swing. Yoda and Mace now attacked as one, swinging low and high. Their opponent retreated expertly, holding off his attackers, until Mace finally overextended himself a step and momentarily lost balance. Taking advantage of that, Vader resumed the offensive, forcing them to retreat under the onslaught of his mighty blows. Obi-Wan rejoined the fight and Vader shifted stands, sidestepping in an attempt to keep himself between Obi-Wan and the others.

Far above, they could here the wicked cackles raining down on them. ?Good, good!?

The three of them broke off, trying to figure out what to do next. ?The Force is very strong with this one,? Yoda said through several deep pants.

?Who is this?? Obi-Wan asked with a hint of fear. This Vader was a unique opponent: lacking Maul?s dexterity and Dooku?s lethal cunning, he was holding his own due to his incredible strength and very swift hands.

?We can beat him,? Mace said softly as they resumed their fighting stances. ?We have to, we?ll never get another chance like this.?

Obi-Wan nodded; if they killed this Vader quick enough, the path to Sidious was wide open? assuming they could take on the Dark Lord himself. Worry about it later.

Yoda grunted, then said, ?Circle out, then close one and two.? The others nodded, then rapidly ran off in different directions. Soon they had Vader surrounded on all three sides, unable to escape. Slowly they closed towards him, one of them stationary and watchful while the others crept forward, alternating between the three of them. Vader shifted to and fro, attempting to break clear but unable to move safely without exposing his back. Within seconds the circle had tightened.

Obi-Wan tensed, readying himself for the attack. Vader stood still, twisting his head back and forth, watching them. Behind him, Mace?s gaze flicked towards Yoda, then Obi-Wan. Their eyes locked together?Mace nodded once, then twice. The three of them surged towards him, Obi-Wan holding his blade out thrusting towards Vader in lancelike fashion while Mace lifted his over his head and swung downwards. Yoda whirled towards Vader to complete the attack.

To their shock, Vader swiftly dropped to the ground out and rolled towards Yoda! Increasingly worn down by the fighting, it took Mace and Obi-Wan a second too long for them to react and alter their attacks, during which time Vader had parried Yoda?s thrust and forced him to leap clear. Then he sprung to his feet and deflected Mace and Obi-Wan?s blades, forcing them backwards with his powerful counterthrusts. Obi-Wan stumbled and fell, forcing Mace to cover him. Yoda leaped to his feet and rushed to rejoin the fight, and in response Vader pushed Mace aside and came full-force at Yoda, forcing the weary Jedi Master to retreat under a hail of blows, his own parries slowing while Vader moved at full speed. Finally, Vader had an opening?towering over Yoda, the blade in his right hand was locked against Yoda?s, leaving him unable to parry the one in h

6. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    [face_laugh] Hey! I remember this :D

Good, good... evil, wonderful, deadly, exciting... WOW! Your excitement is constant and riveting. Emotions flying. Everything is possible, and it is hard to find relief that Obi-Wan and Yoda escaped with the loss of Mace and Padmé, but I like how you managed it. They were very trapped, never underestimate a Jedi.

I can?t wait until the next part and I?m glad your doing both endings. You can?t change perfection [face_devil] and to think I was sniffly over a sad job I did for the owner earlier this morning and wiggled and laughed in pure evil joy for this... go figure.

You do evil with chilling malevolence. It?s going to be hard to concentrate the rest of my shift, I should just go home now. 8-} I?ll read this wonderful chapter again when I get home. :) I do feel a sniffle coming for the next one though. I eventually do come down from my evil rush. :( :D

7. Delight

Mar 25, 2001
    You know, I can really see this scene playing out. It is beautiful and depressing at the same time, which is why this is good writing.

after a short while, they would pause to recuperate and trade insults at each other. This is such a brilliant statement to make at that point in the scene. It is great! All the nuances in it.... amazing.

Can't wait for the next bit.

PS. Please don't stop writing tragedies just because everyone else seem to be writing non-tragedies. Diversity is the beauty of fan fiction. It is this diversity, this approach from new angles -- and how authors such as yourself are willing to share with the rest of the world your different perceptions of the yet-unmade last chapter of the PT in this case -- that make reading fan fiction so enjoyable.

8. RebelPrincess

Jan 6, 2001
    Wow, another amazing scene. The duel was...wow. I guess I'm at a loss for words right now! Once again, the descriptions are amazing...wow. Hmm...seems like "wow" is my word of the day! :) I was on the edge of my seat the entire time I was reading!

I'm also glad you're writing both endings. I'm another person who likes tragic endings (what does this say about me??) I do like happy endings (well, not that this particular ending was going to be happy), but sometimes I just need a good tragic and disturbing ending :)

9. Allyjw007

Allyjw007 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 6, 2002
    More cliffies... *grumbles* j/k, I'm happy for the new post :)

I wonder what Vader is thinking! That's one thing that always drove me crazy about the OT, you had to guess what he was thinking, or else listen to Luke in Ep. VI. Vader, save your wife! Go back and be with your kids!! (I know, none of that's gonna happen, but I can wish, can't I?) So, you're one of the people who think Vader never knew Padmé was even pregnant? (I'm one of them too ;))

*sits and waits for last post*

10. irishjedi49

irishjedi49 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 23, 2002
    The ghost of a smile passed across his lips. He will bring balance to the Force...

Wow again. You know it's good writing when you're reading as fast as you can because it's so compelling, you want to know what happens now. Very intense (...and yet it's not all over yet...)

Inwardly, his mind had shriveled up into a ball, horrified by this newest revelation of how capricious truth and the universe could be.

Just another note - it's interesting to reflect how impetuous and passionate and feeling Obi-Wan was as a padawan and at this point as a master who is seeing the whole galaxy collapse around him - a good man who can't stop the horrors. And yet the next time we see him, he'll be a gruff, amused old hermit - tempered by the past (especially when he allows himself to think of the "dark times"), but calm, in tune with the Force, and comfortable with his new mission of training Luke to bring back that balance.

11. irishjedi49

Jul 23, 2002
    Up! People need to catch up on this story!

:cool:

12. Scruffy-looking

May 26, 2002
    Chapter 33

Darth Sidious, the Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic, watched impassively as his apprentice entered his Throne Room and approached him. Vader showed no outward reaction to the fact that he was standing next to the unconscious form of Amidala, but even his black armored façade was but transparent glass to the Dark Lord. He could easily sense the surge of anger and fear bursting out like invisible light from his apprentice as he awaited his master?s judgment.

For now, he was inclined to be sparing?he would teach his apprentice through the application of fear, rather than pain. After all, the supreme test was about to begin. ?You allowed the Jedi to escape,? Sidious said quietly.

?They proved to be more resourceful than expected,? Vader replied in his new strong mechanized voice.

Sidious was displeased by his apprentice?s impudence, well hidden though it was. ?I would have thought you?d have learned by now not to underestimate your enemy,? he replied reproachfully.

Vader was no fool. Acknowledging his rebuke, he bowed before him and said humbly, ?I have learned my lesson, Master.?

?Do not forget, my apprentice. I will not tolerate failure in the future,? he said evenly.

?Yes, my Master.?

Sidious now began to smile, the corners of his mouth struggling to rise against his decrepit jowls. ?Nevertheless, I am well pleased by your performance on this day. There is but one last piece of business we must tend to.?

Vader suddenly became a void, his feelings inscrutable. It was an interesting response. Sidious continued: ?Your journey to the dark side is almost complete. It is time for you to take the final step.?

Vader nodded, but said nothing; the rate of his breathing increased fractionally.

Turning his attention back to the body at his feet, Sidious passed his right hand over her once. Slowly, Amidala came to. With an unexpected rapidity she struggled to her feet and stood erect, glaring at him.

?Senator Padmé Amidala,? Palpatine said smugly, a horrible grin on his face. ?I must congratulate you at how long you have managed to resist me. You have been a most formidable and aggravating adversary over the years.?

Padmé refused to respond. Get it over with, she thought savagely.

He continued to smirk, apparently waiting for some response. Getting none, he continued: ?Even more than the Jedi, I must admit.? Now his grin faded. ?But now, the game is over, and I have won.?

She couldn?t stay silent any longer in the face of his taunts. Her temper boiling over, she spat: ?You?ve won nothing here today, Palpatine. One day, the billions you?ve so cruelly repressed and deceived will rise up and send your vaunted ?New Order? into the ash heap of history!?

Now he laughed harshly. ?Such bravado. But I always knew that your pathetic excess of compassion and trust would be your downfall. Out of the generosity of my heart, I have decided to give you one last chance to rectify your lifetime of mistakes.? Abruptly the humor in his voice vanished. ?The choice is simple: join me and serve my New Order, or die.?

?Never,? Padmé replied immediately. ?I would rather die than even think of helping you.?

His eyes widened in mock surprise. Condescendingly, he said: ?But why do you refuse me? I have so much to offer you!?

?Don?t patronize me,? she said coldly. ?Nothing you could say or do interests me. And before you kill me, know this, Palpatine: you?re not omnipotent, you can kill me, but you can never make me call you ?Master?? Darth Sidious.?

Upon hearing her response the corner of his mouth twitched. His eyes blazing with cold hatred, Palpatine replied in a deathly voice: ?You foolish girl. How little you know about the truth! I assure you, when you die, you will do so with the certain knowledge that I am right, and you are wrong?in all things.?

Padmé actually laughed. ?The power of your words fails to impress me, ?my Lord?!?

His eyes narrowed. ?So be it, Senator. It is time for the truth.? He gestured with his hand, and the black figure came to

13. Altaira

Nov 11, 2002
    I was expecting the other ending, but that?s okay.

Vader has changed from the eager impatient dark student to being subservient to his dark Master. There was one command he could not do... kill Padmé. It leaves that tiny spark of Anakin deep in him even though he gives into Palpatine.

After all Anakin has done it would be hard to come back, what must be going through his head? Nothing anymore. Padmé clinging to the last bit of hope for Anakin is as it should be. Palpatine may control the galaxy now but even he could not destroy the love of Anakin and Padmé completely. Anakin is now just a pawn for Palpatine, not much free thought left in him. :_|

This has been wonderful and tragic. The same parts I considered as favorites the first time has others to join them now. This time I should retain it. [face_mischief]

Perfect :) ...now, can I go back and read the script again? 8-}

14. Delight

Mar 25, 2001
    :_|: I struggle to imagine what must be going through Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker's head at that point in time.

[face_devil]: This is where it begins to go wrong for you, Darth Sidious.

:D :EXCELLENT post! It was everything I hoped it would be! Great writing!

15. Allyjw007

Allyjw007 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 6, 2002
    Wow, that was excellent! I kept getting flashes of the throne room scene in Episode VI. Even some of the things that Padmé said made me think that Luke had had to have read this and got ideas 8-}. I know there's an alternate ending, but is there any more scenes in this ending?

16. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    You weren't kidding that this ending was very, very dark. :eek: :eek: :eek:

A touching ending -- that Anakin cannot kill Padme, no matter how much he is pushed to do so... And that he dies with her.

How sad. :_|

Great job! And I'll be interested to see the alternate ending. ;)

17. RebelPrincess

Jan 6, 2001
    *RP stares blankly at her computer screen - eyes wide, and mouth hanging open*

Whoa. That was dark, sad, and yet somehow, perfect. It reminded me of the the throne room scene in ROTJ. The end of this could very well tie into the scene in ROTJ - perhaps Anakin/Vader was having flashbacks of Padmé's death, and couldn't stand by while seeing Luke go through the same pain. You never know!

Anyway, the post was just amazing. I can totally picture this fic being Episode III. Now I have even higher expectations for the real one :) Great writing!

18. Scruffy-looking

May 26, 2002
    First, a moment of grief for the passing of my favorite character...

:_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

I must admit I'm surprised people haven't sent me hate mail about how I ended this story! :eek: (not that I want any, of course ;)) Had I left the ending as originally written, I'm sure I'd have gotten it and deserved it (hint: in that one, Vader obeys his Master :mad:)

Let me also say that the story is not yet over! :eek: There's the slight matter of the twins, for example! ;) There will be a two-part Epilogue--I will post both parts simultaneoisly--which I will write this weekend, but before that happens...

...there's the matter of the alternate ending! ;) I want people's opinion: do they want to have the alternate ending posted next, or do they want the Epilogue posted first? My inclination is to post the alternate ending first, and then the Epilogue, but I will follow the wishes of my readers! :)

One more thing, the parallels with the ending of ROTJ were intentional--I probably deserve demerits for not being entirely original! :p

Have a good weekend all!
    Scruffy

19. Delight

Mar 25, 2001
    No Hate mail?! That's because surely you don't deserve any for writing good stuff! :)

Actually, when you first mentioned dark, I expected Vader to obey his Master. [face_devil] But this ending is just as well, for we see at least a tiny bit of good still left within Vader. And we all know where that leads in the end: his redemption.

Epilogue first, please. I'd prefer to end the story first, then try another ending later.

Keep up the good work!

20. Altaira

Nov 11, 2002
    I agree with Delight, although I was expecting the other ending first, this was the nice one. Nice? :confused: Poor choice of words on my part... Having the epilogue next continues the story in the order intended.

But you can call me a no vote/neutral. Having the next ending following this one keeps the answers and anticipation going until after both choices of Anakin are covered. I do lean toward both endings first, then epilogue. Remember, I do change with the wind.

I?ll enjoy it no matter what the order. :) ...gee, Altaira, thanks for nothing. 8-}

21. irishjedi49

Jul 23, 2002
    Great ending, Scruffy :cool:

I would like to see the epilogue first (to close the story) and then the alternate ending, but either's fine, as long as we get to see both! :)

22. RebelPrincess

Jan 6, 2001
    Hate mail?? Demerits?? Heck no!! (I personally loved the parallel with ROTJ - it made it that much more perfect!)

I think I would also like to see the epilogue first, then the alternate post. I'm so sad this is almost over!

23. Scruffy-looking

May 26, 2002
    Ok, ok, I've heard the people's requests! ;)

It's been a long and enjoyable ride, and I'm just happy that so many people have enjoyed the story! Since there will be another post after this containing the alternate ending, I'll save my post-story comments for then.

I wrote this Epilogue specifically to form a bridge from Ep 3 to ANH. I hope you all enjoy! :)

24. Scruffy-looking

May 26, 2002
    Epilogue ? Part One

?He?s still alive.?

It had taken a while for Obi-Wan to utter those words. After they escaped into hyperspace and traveled long enough to make immediate trajectory-tracing impossible, both Obi-Wan and Yoda allowed themselves to relax, for the first time in days. Both of them were physically exhausted, having been forced to fight battle after desperate battle and drained by using their abilities in the Force beyond all reasonable limits conceived by the now-extinct Jedi Order. Fortunately neither of them had been seriously injured, although combat had left their mark on them, and soreness rapidly filled every part of their bodies as the rush of combat faded away.

They were also mentally exhausted from the emotional blows they had suffered. Betrayed by Dooku in such devastating fashion; yet even more Jedi lost to another trap; and worst of all, the knowledge that they had left two dear friends behind to certain death. Master Windu dead, Obi-Wan thought blankly. It didn?t seem possible. With the exception of Master Yoda, no Jedi had ever been as in tune with the Force as he was, no Jedi so skilled on the battlefield or off it. But while fleeing through the ship, he felt the unmistakable ripple in the Force that marked his demise. There had been literally no time to grieve then; he grieved now. And Padmé as well. He felt a most inappropriate rage boil within over this, a rage enhanced by this final, most terrible blow of all:

He?s still alive.

How could it be possible? I saw him, he thought uselessly for the hundredth time. I saw him fall into that energy stream, no one could have survived that, not even Yoda. But there was no doubt as to the hidden identity of Vader. When one has worked closely with another Jedi for a long period of time?like in the case of a master and a padawan?your imprimatur in the Force was instantly recognizable to each other. However distorted and twisted by rage Vader?s was, after being locked in combat with him, the truth spoke for itself. Darth Vader was none other than?

?I can?t admit it, even though I must. Biting his lip, he sat at the controls in stony silence, trying without much success to relax. But peace would not come?he had suffered too many losses, too many defeats. His hands tightened on the controls.

It?s hopeless, Obi-Wan thought despairingly. The Sith now rule the galaxy, their legions are numberless, there is no sanctuary anywhere. They?ll find us eventually, we won?t be able to escape, not unless we flee known space altogether, and maybe not even then?

?What this means, I know not.?

Obi-Wan turned his head. Master Yoda was looking at him thoughtfully, his demeanor much more placid than his own. Spontaneously, a bitter resentment for the diminutive Jedi Master possessed him. Recriminating thoughts filled his head: if only you hadn?t been so blind to the truth?always reminding us to beware of arrogance, yet never conceding the possibility of being blinded by it yourself. ?Gravely mistaken I was, but admit it, I will not? eh?

?That makes two of us,? Obi-Wan said in a soft but harsh tone.

Yoda?s ears rose inquisitively. ?Let go of your anger, Master Kenobi, no good will come of it now.?

?I?m not angry,? Obi-Wan said angrily.

Yoda sighed. ?The only one to suffer loss today you are not, Master Kenobi,? he said gently.

Now Obi-Wan felt ashamed; there was too much to deal with without wallowing in self-pity. Exhaling, Obi-Wan said slowly, ?I?m sorry, Master.?

Yoda nodded and patted him on the shoulder. ?A dark day this is, Master Kenobi. We must grieve for all who fell today, and honor their sacrifice by continuing the struggle.?

It was less the words that Yoda used than the reassuring tone and aura about him that finally put Obi-Wan at ease. It harkened back to the time when he was a youngling, bitterly disillusioned by his failures in training, and Master Yoda had been there to comfort him?a surrogate parent for them all, now that he thought of it.

25. Scruffy-looking

May 26, 2002
    Epilogue ? Part Two

?Hail Palpatine!? Mas Amedda, the Imperial Majordomo, shouted.

?Hail Palpatine,? the others replied with varying degrees of enthusiasm.

In the Great Hall of his new Imperial Palace, Emperor Palpatine stood up from his elevated throne and looked down at the great crowd assembled below. He was all smiles as he walked down the steps towards them, the red-robbed Royal Guard trailing behind him in respectful silence. It was a variegated mixture of old and new: brown and black-clad officers of the Imperial Starfleet and the Imperial Legions; members of the new Imperial Senate now forced to wear pure-white robes of mocking innocence; bureaucrats and functionaries, obsequious leaders of industry and commerce who had the good sense to join with him against their now-deceased business associates among the separatists. The soldiers and bureaucrats looked on with studied neutrality; the businessmen cast avaricious looks his way, eager for favors, while many of the new Senators looked disenchanted. Their ill-disguised defiance only slightly annoyed him, for both he and they knew what the true balance of power now was.

They must obey my every whim. All of them. Obey or die. This thought gave him great pleasure.

Reaching the floor, he began to speak: ?I thank you all for this great honor you have bestowed upon me. I promise this day marks a new beginning, where order and prosperity will be restored to us all. From now on, no one will dare defy us; all who dare rise up against our New Order, shall be destroyed.? There was more energetic applause. Smiling, he ignored them all as he walked down the red-carpeted path in the middle of the Hall, lined on both sides by thousands of white-geared clonetroopers standing at attention with inhuman vigilance.

Standing at the front of the gathered Imperial Senators, Mon Mothma and Bel Iblis bowed deeply before him as he walked by. He curtly acknowledged them in passing, but felt a smoldering resentment as he did so. One day, my dear Senators, I will no longer need the moldy trappings of the past. It would be some time yet, but when that happy day came?they would all meet the same fate all his other enemies did.

Mas Amedda walked up to his side and bowed. ?Your Majesty, your loyal Imperial subjects wish to see you.?

Nodding, he followed Amedda out to the grandstand. Standing in the bright midday sun of Corsucant, he smiled thinly as the roar of millions rose up from the Grand Plaza below. Below him, the legions were marching past him in review?an endless procession of clonetroopers and walkers. High above, the sky was thick with clouds of TIE-fighters screaming overhead, past the ominous shadows of Imperial assault vessels rumbling through the atmosphere at a precariously low height, their engines rattling the windows beyond.

It was an intoxicating feeling which swept through him, a sense of pure omnipotence. He was the Emperor, the singular leader: absolute ruler of the galaxy, and one day, of the universe. The dark side energies coursed through him, a black surge strengthened by the fear, anger and hatred that flowed all about him?in the sniveling sycophants behind him, in the pathetic deluded masses below. Raising his hand up in acknowledgement, the roar rose to a deafening crescendo. Again he smiled: they acted according to his will, just as the Senators did, as his numberless legions and ships did, as the very Force did, trapped in a never-ending whirlpool with him at the focus. But the greatest pleasure came as he looked into the future and saw the infinite strands of possibilities bending before him, carrying out his destiny to the very corners of existence everywhere.

Almost everywhere, he corrected himself. There was still but a single indefinite uncertainty lurking there, a possibility he couldn?t quite penetrate. Perhaps it should be a matter of concern, but even he realized that the future was never completely controllable. Far greater uncertainties had existed as he began his rise to power; what possible th

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.