main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Revenge of the Sith (A Fanfic Episode III) - New! Alternative Ending, 9/16

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Scruffy-looking, Feb 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Well, Scruff,

Simply wonderful. I truly enjoyed this tale of E3. It was a long journey. Anakin?s failing spirit and descent on his dark path to Vader, the losses suffered by the Republic and Jedi, the treachery that reshaped the galaxy. And, Palpatine?s rise. [raises eyebrows] I loved how you portrayed ol? Palpy at the end... come to think of it, all through the story. :D [face_devil]

You had me sniffling when Obi-Wan was dropping off the babes, but this is not the end. It is just the beginning. For those of us who have spent 1/2 their lives in the SW universe. SW is just a long continuous circle. Wonderful writers like you have kept this circle wrapping, overlapping and growing wider.

One of my new favorite parts is the beginning with the battle on Sullust, you really started this off with a bang and continued it with the same gusto. All your battles and destruction was marvelous and kept even me anxious. There were many others parts, the duel, having Anakin hurt by the energy beams was a wonderfully imaginative, the rebirth of Vader and THE DUEL. The choices, made by Anakin, Obi-Wan and the rest... it flowed fantastically to its conclusion.

Once again, you have out did yourself in providing me with enjoyment. Thank you from the depth of my sometimes dark SW soul. :) [face_devil]

Looking forward to the other ending. :) I could just go one and on... Thanks! :D

It was a New Order day (?Blue Monday?... how does it feel, when your heart grows cold... Anakin) Just wanted to keep the evil going and the song got me hyper on the way to work. 8-}

2. irishjedi49

irishjedi49 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 23, 2002
    Absolutely outstanding ending. I especially loved your last line - for some reason, it was just perfect, striking the right tone. It was great how you wrapped everything up, as well. You can almost hear the score playing over the last scenes, like the end of AOTC and ROTJ. Very cool.

Thanks so much for writing this for us fans :) It was a wonderful read!

3. RebelPrincess

RebelPrincess Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2001
    *RP picks jaw up off of the floor*

Wow! What an amazing epilogue! It was so perfect. I loved the parts about Luke and Leia arriving at their different destinations. I was almost in tears! Owen's hesitation to take Luke seems right on character. I also loved how you wrote about events in different parts of the galaxy. All in all, bravo!! I thoroughly enjoyed this, and I'm looking forward to the alternate post. :)

4. Delight

Delight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Beautifully written. I love the Tatooine bits. Beautiful.

There is something inexplicably sad and ironic about Obi-Wan raising the hood against the sunrise. So now he is hiding in the day, while those who hid beneath the hoods now walk unshaded in the day. :(

Good work. Bravo! bravo!

5. Calen2kk

Calen2kk Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2002
    Damn, what a way to go. Different, but still cool. I'd always gone on that Palpatine killed her and then blamed the Jedi, telling Anakin that too.

6. Scruffy-looking

Scruffy-looking Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2002
    Hello everyone, it is now time to finish the story. Of course, technically the story already is finished, but I believe I promised an alternative ending, and lo and behold, here it is! :p

-----

Alternative Ending

Palpatine lowered his hands, and the lightning ceased coruscating off the hazy blue sphere that surrounded Yoda. His eyes were narrow slits, mouth quivering with unbridled rage.

?You fool!? Palaptine sneered. ?You only prolong the inevitable!?

Yoda stood perfectly calm, regarding him with near-indifference. ?Fighting is not the way of the Jedi, not the way of the Force.?

?Like with so many other things, you are wrong.? Palpatine stopped, eyed Yoda carefully, then smiled. ?Nothing can be hidden from me, Jedi. The Force may be your ally, but your body betrays you. Soon you?ll be dead, one way or the other.?

?Everything has its end,? Yoda agreed. ?And my end, yours shall be.? He raised his hands, which began to glow.

Palpatine laughed out loud. ?Is that all you can muster? Your pathetic powers cannot harm me. The day is mine!?

?Then another day, your victory must wait.? Yoda raised his hands above his head, the ball of energy between them glowing with a brilliant incandescence. Palpatine spread his arms out in a defensive maneuver but instead of attacking him, Yoda threw his hands to the ground and the energy gathering above him flew downwards, impacting against the floor with a tremendous explosion. Tearing through the hull metal of the ship, the energy Yoda conjured up burrowed through deck after deck, shaking the ship violently and again sending everyone to their feet. Alarms began blearing off in the distance as Yoda and Palpatine were the first to get to their feet.

Yoda called out to the others: ?Come! Escape we must!?

Instantly Palpatine hurled a salvo of Force lightning at Yoda, who held it off with his hands. Obi-Wan and Mace looked at each other: Vader was between them and Yoda, and now back on his feet.

Mace gestured towards Obi-Wan. ?Go! I?ll hold him off!?

Obi-Wan violently shook his head. ?No, Master Windu, I can?t, you must??

?Forget about me!? Mace shouted as he launched himself at Vader. ?Justify my faith!? Tears streaming down his eyes, Obi-Wan nodded once and ran around them.

With a few steps he reached Yoda, who was straining under the effort to hold of the fierce current of lightning emanating from Palpatine. To their side, Padmé was running at full speed to reach them?

Obi-Wan watched in horror as Palpatine suddenly pointed her way. Acting without thinking he leaped towards her, lightsaber at the ready. Just as he reached her a blinding flash of Force-lightning crackled around them. Most of it was deflected by his blade, but a tendril of it managed to touch her and she dropped to the ground screaming in pain.

?Padmé!!!? Immediately he dropped down and began dragging her to Yoda, still deflecting Palpatine?s blasts.

?Master, we must go!? And without further hesitation he leaped down, Padmé in his arms. Yoda followed, jumping down without a word.

Trembling with pain and exhaustion, Mace knew he was at the end of the line. Watching Yoda and Obi-Wan jump to safety, he felt a cool peace fill him: the future would be saved as a result of their efforts. Not even the evil all around him could defeat that.

He turned his attention back to the here and now. Vader was approaching him, blade in hand. Resolutely, he raised his blade and released a mighty roar, running full speed towards his foe. Vader sidestepped and thrust forward, his blade spearing Mace through the chest. Staggering, he immediately tumbled to his feet, the terrible pain welling out from his center already fading into a null void.

With one last gasp, he turned himself over and looked up. Vader was standing over him, watching and waiting.

The ghost of a smile passed across his lips. He will bring balance to the Force?

Palpatine walked over to Vader, a cold look on his face, and looked down contemptuously at the dead form of

7. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Ending #1, even though Vader cannot kill Padmé himself, he watches as Palpatine does. It is a bit weak for the finger pinching choker in ANH. It is a nicer ending where he still has feelings for her or there is still good lingering in him. But, I prefer the totally cold, bad guy. Vader does have a long evil road ahead of him to get colder, but he has already destroyed the Jedi, tried killing his Master twice and who can count how many others when using dark powers.

I prefer ending #2
    Ending #2 is more like when Anakin?s mother dies, he was powerless to stop it and gives him more reason to forget both of them. His mother?s death brought out evil in him. Although he is not there when Padmé dies, he feels it, which can also put the spark of remorse in him after his life of terror. Vader?s dark actions and decisions are still responsible for her death, guilt. I have to wonder, now, what was he going to do if he caught them. 8-}

I like to think Vader starts totally evil and along the way regains himself, after all the death and destruction. His long time spent with Palpatine would be enough to see Palpatine?s true self.

Anakin originally looked up to Palpatine as a considerate friend who supported him when the Jedi did not. Palpatine being powerful and willing share that power made him look even better to the young, resentful and eager Jedi. Later he sees Palpatine as the pure evil he is and what Anakin has allowed himself to be changed into. Same end, different path.

GREAT JOB, I enjoyed this. :D

8. Delight

Delight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Interesting. Interesting.

I have to say I prefer the first 'darker' ending, even though the 2nd version shows a Vader with a greater shot a turning back to the good side. I guess I am just programmed that way.

Thank you for writing so wonderfully! We will be looking forward to your new stories with great interest! :D

9. RebelPrincess

RebelPrincess Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2001
    Wow, thanks so much for posting the alternate ending. I guess ending #2 would probably be more realistic (although we don't really know). However, I prefer ending #1. Like Delight, I guess I just like the darker ending. What does this say about us? :p

I loved this fic! It'll help tide me over until the real Episode III comes out. I definitely look forward to reading your future stories! :)

10. Darth_Pixel

Darth_Pixel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    Hey scruffy! You did a great job with this one. I like ending two better hands down. I can't see anakin even watch padme die. The second ending seems far closer to what will most likely happen in epi 3. Again good job, and good luck on your next project in advance.

11. _across-the-stars_

_across-the-stars_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2003
    Oh man, Scruffy, that's...just... wow. I don't have words to describe how great that was.

And, although I like being able to read the story all the way through, next time I'd love to be along for the ride, so send me a PM when you start up the next story! :D

ats

12. Allyjw007

Allyjw007 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 6, 2002
    I love your signature, Across the Stars "the honeymoon is over"

I'm such a bad reader!! I'm sorry for not replying sooner, Scruffy, I just began college and I have a lot less time. But I really liked the endings :) I like the second one better, because I have trouble believing that Anakin (or Vader) would be able to watch Palpatine (or anyone, for that matter) kill someone he loved (i.e. Luke in Ep. VI). (I remember reading your original version where Anakin killed Padmé himself, and I was so upset! I'm really glad you changed your mind about that.) I like Padmé's last words to her children, and I liked Anakin's reaction in finding out she was dead. I also really do believe that Padmé's death will signify his end as Anakin.
    So, I really liked it! So sad, though, that things turned out this way... I'll watch for more of your stories :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.