main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho Revenge of the Sith Anticipation Thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by QUIGONJINN02, Jan 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    Well gang, it's only about 4 months away! And those 4 months are sure to fly by with all that is going on in them!
    We've got the new Clone Wars, ROTS trailers, and not to mention a little convention taking place in Indianapolis, Indiana.
    It's a bitter-sweet end to a Saga that has brought enough magic and fun into my life to last a lifetime.
    I've had the priveledge of getting to know a great bunch of people through our fanclub, and had many bitter-sweet moments in the club also. But all have been worth it. And now, the reason for it all is culminating in only 4 months...
    I can't wait to get organized at the next meeting with all we have to plan for and to do.
    This club will see fruit, and the Sith will have their revenge!
    May 19th, here we come!
    The Force is US, always!

2. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    Isn't it May 18th?

3. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    No. Unless you consider midnight the same day. But these technicalities seem mote and unimportant don't they?

4. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Your right, I was thinking midnight. Thanks.

5. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Hey, anyone who wants to indulge in the hype that is starting to boil up for this movie, check out the newest issue of Vanity Fair! It has a four page flip out cover with all the major cast members of all six films, including old flanel himself! It's hella sweet and the article is intriguing...Cmd. I'm sure you'll like the comment about someone close to Anakin dying...
    hmmm, perhaps Jar Jar???

6. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    The Pictures are from the article in Vanity fair are online for those interested in seeing them. Hey QGJ, this is old news, who do I make the check out to? What happened to no spoilers?

7. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    No spoilers? How is something I predicted a year ago a spoiler? They don't say any names either...so it's technically not a spoiler...nice try though.

8. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Kasey, the fact you say you are not looking at spoilers makes me laugh...

9. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    The sarcasim is not appreciated...
    Thanks.

10. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
  11. JaersteinCysse

JaersteinCysse Jedi Master star 1

Apr 21, 2004
    this might be off topic for this thread but ... I'm from Bozeman, MT and we don't have midnight showings for Star wars ... just that crappy series matrix and other junk films, but I digress. Anyways, my sister and family live there in Boise and I visit them every summer, so I thought why not go down and catch the RotS premiere in an actual city with more than 1 SW fan. So where is the best theater (where your fan force will be) and what will be the difficulty of obtain tickets? My Bro-in-law who is a psuedo-fan said he'll pick them up.

12. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Boise has only one (for now) main theater, Edwards 21. That is where our club will be seeing the movie. At the midnight showing.

13. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Hey all. As was also discussed at the meeting, I will be contacting Steve from Edwards about doing a display for ROTS in their main lobby. Also, I will be calling the Flicks to see if we can't get them to show all the other SW films. So we'd go see I and II, and then the next day see III, and then the next days IV, V, and VI! Sound good? It does to me!

14. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    I got my full set of preview figures and now comes the hard part, waiting for the full wave of Episode III figures to come out in April. I can't wait. Hurry up May 19th....

15. JaersteinCysse

JaersteinCysse Jedi Master star 1

Apr 21, 2004
    Edwards 21 is the big huge pretty new theatre right? And how early would one have to obtain tickets for the midnight showing?

Thanks for the info.

16. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Yo dude! Ticket sales are up in the air. Edwards wouldn't know that info yet, so we don't know yet. Probably sometime in early May. If you're coming down here to see it you might want and try and coordinate it so that you can see all the films with our Fanforce...that is if we can get the others on a big screen. Later.

17. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    The tickets at Edwards went on sale for Episode II about two weeks before the first showing. Come join the party if you can.

18. LeiaPadmeSkywalker

LeiaPadmeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2004
    I just got tickets for the LA premire of the new Star wars movie for myself and my friend. I just heard from a friend that Natalie Portman, Hayden Christensen will be watching it in LA as well. I have never been closer to my dream of being an actress. Natalie Portman and Hayden are my favorite and I want to be like them. I also want to be in Crime or Law. I really hate computers. Mine is as stubborn as C-3PO. I wonder if my computer is C-3PO sometimes.
    T.

19. KuDeGra

KuDeGra Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2005
    I just got tickets for the Miami fundraising/premire of the new Star wars movie for myself and the entire 501st in the area. The money raised from ticket sales goes to a children's hospital in the area. I just heard from a gungan that Liam Neson, Sam L Jackson, and Ewan will be there as well and that they're going to put on a lightsaber workshop just after the film. I have never been closer to my dream of being a real live Jedi. Mace and Obi Wan are my absolute favorite and I want to be just like them. I also want to be a film director like Lucas. He's going to be there too and I'm going to meet him. I'm so close to reaching my dreams.... this is just so *darn* cool.

20. LeiaPadmeSkywalker

Dec 7, 2004
    Are you mocking me?
    T.

21. Darth_Brimstone

Darth_Brimstone Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2001
    hey, from my understanding , edwards and iMAX there are going to work together to have like for a week or month straight after ROTS comes out to do an all day marathon of the SW saga.

that is 1 through 6 being shown all at once.

over 15 hours of being in the theater watching it from the podraces to the betrayal to the births to the death and the rebirth of Anakin

that is what I m hoping they would do.

so you figure, at 7-8 per movie, or 35-40 for all 6 showings and then the every 2 hour break to get refills and food and FORCEing ourselves to do the bathroom assaults, that could cost about 100-150 easily.

that I would love to do to see all 6 on the big screen again.

22. LeiaPadmeSkywalker

Dec 7, 2004
    I just received word from my friend that we will not be able to attend the premire in LA. I will never be an actress. My dreams are not going to come true. Might as well be a housewife.
    T.

23. LeiaPadmeSkywalker

Dec 7, 2004
    Oprah was doing a contest that you could walk down the red carpet at Oscars but 21 and older people can only join. I will never be in movies.
    T.

24. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Hey gang. I called and left a message with Steve Wilson at Edwards. As soon as I hear back about doing a display and such I'll let you know. Thanks!

25. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Hey Brimstone, where did you hear that they'd be doing a six movie marathon? I'm trying to work something out with the flicks right now where we'd all go and see TPM and AOTC the two days before ROTS, and then watch the three original films at the flicks the three days after. If you want in on this, it may be happening, although I haven't talked fully with the manager down there yet. I'll post more info as it comes. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.